Salas maybe back in January (3 Viewers)

Alex

May 1, 2004
Salas' saty at Juve was a pity... The way he played with Zamorano for Chile was incredible. Those days seem to be well and truely behind him though

Vale

Sep 12, 2004
well, i'm from chile, and i know he's totally recovered, besides in river he's doing it very well. I think in juventus, he could be a good contribution

BTW i'm new here :p

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
i doubt salas wants to comeback himself. he played well in River Plate and he won't come back Turin and take risk to sit on the bench as the 5th striker.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
if we had not sold Di Vaio.....we wouldn't have buy Zlatan would we?

everything happened for a reason......maybe this is a curse from all the players that we had ruined their future before.....:down:

Alex

May 1, 2004
when Salas isn't injured (no pun intended) i have to admit i prefer him to Trezeguet and Zlatan. Obviously his fitness and health are a majot issue but does anyone else feel this way?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
channel4.com

No Juve recall for Salas
Wednesday 13 October, 2004

Marcelo Salas won’t return to Juventus in the January transfer window, says the striker’s agent.

The Chilean is currently on a season’s loan with River Plate but speculation suggested he could be recalled after the injury to David Trezeguet.

However, Fernando Hidalgo has insisted that the former Lazio player won’t be heading for Turin in the New Year.

"I’m fed up of having to deny all of these stories which appear in Italy and are then repeated in Argentina," said the player’s representative.

"What has been said in the last few days is just crazy. Marcelo is tied to River until 30 June 2005 and there is no chance of him leaving before then.

"Marcelo has a contract with River and he intends to honour it. As far as I’m concerned, this ends here."

The Turin giants are short of attacking options with just Alex Del Piero, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcelo Zalayeta now available.

Juventus signed Salas in the summer of 2001 from Lazio but his Delle Alpi stint was ruined by a knee injury.

River renewed his loan deal in August after he also spent last season with the Argentine giants.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why bring back to life a beaten and battered dog? Waste of time and resources IMO.

And whoever said they prefer Salas to Zlatan or Trezeguet must be out of their mind. Salas was overrated to begin with when he was at Lazio.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++
does anyone have the matches and goals he has with river?
Salas scored when he was with River? How come she never told us about this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)