[SA] Torino 0-1 Juventus [October 15th, 2022] 12:00 EaSTern/+6 (10 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
They're not unfit, the system is just ultra defensive shit so they need to run more to cover gaps. Watch Man City/Bayern/PSG/Madrid, even Arsenal, and see how close the players are to each other, the strikers and wingers play really deep and come forward together as a unit. If they lose the ball, either you have to thread a perfect ball through a packed middle or hit it hopefully over the top. Our midfield is really dispersed and our defense often gets no proper cover so lots of midfielders are sprinting back and that's why we get tired easily. When we attack, there is rarely any midfield support because it's usually a long ball to the striker and then we fumble around until we create something. Man City players walk the ball forwards and they sprint forward in bursts, creating space but they always have someone close for support, they always have lots of players in the box for a rebound too.

You don't have to sprint around the pitch, you can be smart and cover gaps by having the 2 or 3 nearest players press the opponents as opposed to religiously making a 5-5-0 shape off the ball. It looks organised but when you need to attack we have to all burst forward because we always start by hoofing it up to the strikers hoping they hold up the ball while we try and support, then if we lose the ball, everyone has to sprint back to 5-5-0 and we're tired. That's why Dybala and Chiesa were so important to us, they linked the midfield with the forwards so well and we don't have anything like it now. Right now, we should play a 3-4-1-2 with someone like Miretti or Fagioli in a playmaker position. Max always complains that players are out of position but that's dinosaur football right there as we're often in this rigid structure that even Maccabi was able to exploit and pull our players out of position with just 1 or 2 extra runners. We play very much like a park-the-bus team when we don't need to and even then, we give up a lot of chances.

Fossil football tactics by Allegri are similar to Conte, watch how Spurs play shit football all season but get bailed out by their superstar forwards. It's nonsense saying our players are lazy and unfit, they'd be dropped immediately and never get international minutes. You've got to have Neymar talent to get away with being lazy. Just watch Napoli and how they play and how they defend and attack collectively, it'd be an education for Max given that we have a squad that could play that type of exciting football.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Happy for the win. I guess 3-5-2 will be the way to go moving forward. Problem is we dont have any LWB player to cover Kostic and We only have 1 player with the left foot for LCB
I hope Bremer injury not serious

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
You could see they made a point of running hard. They looked hell bent on not losing duels. Always good to see. But the problem is that we don't (and probably won't) always see it. It was an emotional reaction to the embarrassment suffered during the week. You can tell by how disorganised and confused their running patterns were - crowding in each other's way, failed give-and-gos. That tells me how little control and influence Allegri now has over this group. They basically just took to the field in the prescribed formation and then completely winged it, motivated only by a sense of embarrassment.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

if it's right at the middle of the preseason it's fine, even expected

however 2+ months into the regular season it's ridiculous, inexcusable and inexplicable. those people who prepare these players don't deserve their salaries
This reminds me of my Aussie Rules team this season (please indulge me :p). We hired an incredible coach last season. Anyway, we lost a qualifying final in a thriller by a point. After the final siren, a lot of players were on the ground from exhaustion and disappointment. After the game the coach told the media that he admonished the players for acting like losers. They might have lost the game, he said, but that doesn't make them losers. In other words, keep your arse off the ground, your chin up and move the fuck on, we've got a Premiership to win.

THAT is a winning mentality. These players look like lazy mopes. They're probably against Allegri or just dissatisfied with the situation generally. That doesn't mean you don't keep trying to be the best player you can be every day in spite of all the difficulties this club's put you through. Bonucci's leadership would definitely not be helping. He's our mope in chief. Biggest sook in the squad. It probably isn't a fitness issue. Players exhaust themselves, but they don't keel over because it's weak as piss. Your coach is watching, the opposition are watching. No pride, no toughness.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018

if it's right at the middle of the preseason it's fine, even expected

however 2+ months into the regular season it's ridiculous, inexcusable and inexplicable. those people who prepare these players don't deserve their salaries
Maybe it’s not what it seems? Maybe they’re praying for a miracle, a new synchronized and mystic ritual learned while in ritiro :delpiero:
And we only see a specific group of players doing it, like some sort of a faithful clique. The rest are the king’s men, they stand strong for their master Allegri.

ladstone

Oct 31, 2011
Happy for the win. I guess 3-5-2 will be the way to go moving forward. Problem is we dont have any LWB player to cover Kostic and We only have 1 player with the left foot for LCB
Win or lose, it’s all about the lucky. It is a juventus game vs mid table or lower table teams. Not a chance vs top team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Win or lose, it’s all about the lucky. It is a juventus game vs mid table or lower table teams. Not a chance vs top team.

Yes, this match doesnt mean Allegri has turn it. But this was our first win away from home so it can always be first of many and a start.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
if there's one lesson learned from this match, it's that we should be this aggressive every single time. this team won't win matches with technical excellence, we need old school grinta

Screenshot_2022-10-17-08-01-26-45_07de052b70472489b19c0b66e29f0be4.jpg

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
And now imagine we gave Cambiaso for a free loan, when he can play both sides as RWB and LWB. I wont admit i follow him closely, but i really liked that guy vs Napoli yesterday, he thinks when he plays.

ladstone

Oct 31, 2011
And now imagine we gave Cambiaso for a free loan, when he can play both sides as RWB and LWB. I wont admit i follow him closely, but i really liked that guy vs Napoli yesterday, he thinks when he plays.
Compare the situation of fagioli to rovella, I won’t regret the free loan. I can only feel happy for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)