[SA] Lecce 0-1 Juventus [October 29th, 2022] 12:00 PM EaSTern/+6 (4 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Wasn't there reports that no player is safe if they keep giving bad performances regardless of who they are?

Time to phase out Bonucci, Cuadrado and Sandro seeing the latter two won't be here next summer anyway.

Maybe they'll look for offers in January.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
that's true

our current tacchinardis aren't playing though
Yeah they aren't, although I think we've been a lot better giving young players minutes than we were 5 years ago. Compared to 2000-2006 era we're miles better. Juve haven't really been a young players team in my lifetime, with some anomolous exceptions (Serie B season). We always bought 22-23 year olds with quality and potential. But that's because we were a team that has to win every year, and coaches trust more experienced players to do this.

Im recent years we've actively bought a lot of younger players and add U23 team has brought more options, just not enough minutes. Whilst Paredes, Pogba and Di Maria are arsing about we might as well use SIJ, Soulé and Fagioli (as vice-Locatelli, as he has too much competition with Rabiot and Miretti).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I dare to doubt this. One might use Pogba as example but that’s already 10 years or so ago
Del Piero was twice the player of Pogba and Pogba walked into our team. Del Piero is a phenomenon who goes straight into our team.

The truth for our young players is somewhere between the fans who overrate a lot of them and the club not wanting to give young players a chance.

Jun 16, 2020
Del Piero was twice the player of Pogba and Pogba walked into our team. Del Piero is a phenomenon who goes straight into our team.

The truth for our young players is somewhere between the fans who overrate a lot of them and the club not wanting to give young players a chance.
Btw fun fact, I’m reading Del Piero’s book now, I never knew this either but he was set to leave on loan after his first year to Parma. He even spoke with their president. They ultimately decided to sign Dino Baggio and Lippi was okay with keeping him as a 4th choice. So even back then it seems like we didn’t value our primavera although we tend to romanticise it.

- - - Updated - - -

For those who care to translate

052867D5-F492-4CE7-BA80-E005261A7499.jpeg
9351E508-FE98-4781-89B6-6B1F74EA1C28.jpeg

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Btw fun fact, I’m reading Del Piero’s book now, I never knew this either but he was set to leave on loan after his first year to Parma. He even spoke with their president. They ultimately decided to sign Dino Baggio and Lippi was okay with keeping him as a 4th choice. So even back then it seems like we didn’t value our primavera although we tend to romanticise it.

- - - Updated - - -

For those who care to translate
Yes I've read that before that there was a strong chance of him going on loan, which is not surprising considering our options. But he stayed and the rest is history, a 19 year old forced his way into a great Juve team with experienced stars (Baggio, no less). I can't see Lippi accepting any ordinary kid as 4th striker in that Juve. If he'd gone to Parma (also a great team at the time) his talents would also have shone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)