Russian Thread (9 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I've thought about doing it when I'm older and have money, but to my knowledge everyone hates Americans and I would probably be shot on sight :mute:
I've been here for three weeks now so rus and Alex 444 can give you exacts however I'm an Arab may be I don't look 100% however I don't look Russian and not once did any one give me a bad look or say sth nasty to me. I've seen many Brits here specially near city center and they seem to be doing alright. Knowing Russian makes life easier that's what I came to understand the minute I landed in Moscow. I know very minimum Russian and you could see in the people's face they appreciate the fact you are trying even if you don't make a lot of sense. Baboshka's or old women do freak me out because just like all old citizen they have an opinion about everything whether it's a garden or how the trolley bus driver drives :D all in all I like it here, and the people might seem distant or unwarm but once you get to talk in Russian you will discover how friendly they are. Yes there are ass holes here just like any country and forget the usual stereotype about Russians it's not entirely true. Yes there are two may be the people I've seen over the course of Two weeks who were drunk at 8 in the morning while in walking to the metro but other than that they are just like us. I actually believe they have nothing against yanks here :D

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
I've been here for three weeks now so rus and Alex 444 can give you exacts however I'm an Arab may be I don't look 100% however I don't look Russian and not once did any one give me a bad look or say sth nasty to me. I've seen many Brits here specially near city center and they seem to be doing alright. Knowing Russian makes life easier that's what I came to understand the minute I landed in Moscow. I know very minimum Russian and you could see in the people's face they appreciate the fact you are trying even if you don't make a lot of sense. Baboshka's or old women do freak me out because just like all old citizen they have an opinion about everything whether it's a garden or how the trolley bus driver drives :D all in all I like it here, and the people might seem distant or unwarm but once you get to talk in Russian you will discover how friendly they are. Yes there are ass holes here just like any country and forget the usual stereotype about Russians it's not entirely true. Yes there are two may be the people I've seen over the course of Two weeks who were drunk at 8 in the morning while in walking to the metro but other than that they are just like us. I actually believe they have nothing against yanks here :D
:D

OP
Juventino[RUS]
Mar 9, 2006
  • Thread Starter #3,117
    It's only beggining, soon you will hate it

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Juventino[RUS];4277109 said:
    It's only beggining, soon you will hate it
    I don't know rus , what makes you say that? I'm not saying it's heaven you need to work hard to have a good living off course just like any where mind you, also you guys have crap beacurcy (mind my spelling) I'd like to know what you think I'll hate.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Sto pudov. :)

Especially if u live not in Moscow centr.
    I live out side the garden ring, in kuzminsky and where as the garden ring is awesome it's not bad at all where I am may be commuting is annoying to Uni but it's bare able and organized I take a bus to the metro station then a bus to Uni and it takes 50 mins. There are super markets and pharmacies near us so I don't feel I live in a deserted area, yes no cafes etc but city center is not too far for that :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)