Russian Investment? (1 Viewer)

murzik

Jul 10, 2007
wiki:

,,Currently, the Juventus' shares are distributed between 60% to IFIL Investments S.p.A, the Agnelli family's holding (a company of the Giovanni Agnelli & C.S.a.p.a Group),7.5% to Libyan Arab Foreign Investment Co. and 32.5% to other shareholders.,,

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
I want to give you guys an example of why I would like nothing more than to see the team purchased.

In 2007 the team unveiled their new jerseys and revealed that for the first time the sponsor would be an in-house company.

Why do I care? Simple. I seriously doubt that Juventus saw a single Euro from this year’s sponsorship. It wouldn’t make sense. FIAT would simply be taking money out of their right pocket and placing it in their left one with no real gain.

Why do such a thing? Simple. Everyone knows that a team must show a certain amount of revenue in order to register for Serie A (which is why Inter and Milan created their fancy accounting tricks) while it is also known that a normal company will reduce its taxable income by showing expenses.

By making this paper transaction (where the funds if ever transferred were likely channeled back to New Holland) FIAT hit two birds with one stone. They showed a financial gain for Juventus (which they would have shown regardless) allowing them to remain above the limit and then showed a fictitious (likely) expense in the New Holland books which lowered their taxable liability.

Had they sought out an external sponsor Juventus could have had the gain and taxable liability just the same but New Holland would not have had the expense to show in their books meaning they would have lost out at the end of the year.

End result: Juve don’t actually get a Euro and go into the player market in a VERY cheap manner allowing players like Milito to slip away in place of say Andrade.

Anyone else want to detach from FIAT?

Juventus is no more than a pawn in the FIAT empire and I'm sick of it.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
I want to give you guys an example of why I would like nothing more than to see the team purchased.

In 2007 the team unveiled their new jerseys and revealed that for the first time the sponsor would be an in-house company.

Why do I care? Simple. I seriously doubt that Juventus saw a single Euro from this year’s sponsorship. It wouldn’t make sense. FIAT would simply be taking money out of their right pocket and placing it in their left one with no real gain.

Why do such a thing? Simple. Everyone knows that a team must show a certain amount of revenue in order to register for Serie A (which is why Inter and Milan created their fancy accounting tricks) while it is also known that a normal company will reduce its taxable income by showing expenses.

By making this paper transaction (where the funds if ever transferred were likely channeled back to New Holland) FIAT hit two birds with one stone. They showed a financial gain for Juventus (which they would have shown regardless) allowing them to remain above the limit and then showed a fictitious (likely) expense in the New Holland books which lowered their taxable liability.

Had they sought out an external sponsor Juventus could have had the gain and taxable liability just the same but New Holland would not have had the expense to show in their books meaning they would have lost out at the end of the year.

End result: Juve don’t actually get a Euro and go into the player market in a VERY cheap manner allowing players like Milito to slip away in place of say Andrade.

what are disadvantages if take over happens by russian company

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
I'm sure their would be things we don't like about whoever eventually buys Juve but we already know for a fact that FIAT doesn't give a shit about the team so why not opt for another buyer?

Reza

Jul 13, 2002

Sounds horrible.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
it elkann plonka

anyway, if we were bought by a foreign investor. no one would complain if they seriously put money into us. i would rather that than still have the elkanns there with their current attitude.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Personally , I don't care who buys us as long as that person or company is benefiting Juve . I also couldn't care less whether the Elkanns or Fiat lose their shares . What difference would it make anyway ? It's not like the Elkanns know what they're doing and are offering very little when it comes to new ideas , and when you come to think of it ; they aren't even offering too much financially either so what are they doing really ?

I wouldn't mind complete control . Let's be realistic here , we all know football has become more or less a buisness , you need shit loads of money to succeed in it . The facts are there for all of us to see . Look at the 4 teams that are in the semi final , how many of them aren't filthy rich ? Whether we like it or not , success and wealth are directly related , even when it comes to football .

Chelsea were a midtable club when Abramovich bought them , look where they are now . Second in England and in the semi final of the C.L and they have this Russian Billionaire to thank .

Juve , a team right out of serie B , that has received a huge financial blow after the calciopoli and is just short of a few signings that could take them back to the top . The only thing that's stopping that from happening is money , or lack of it . If this Russian company is willing assist Juve back to the top by injecting some cash or even by buying Juve then I'm all for it .

A few years ago the Italian league was by far the strongest and amost competitive league in the world ? What happened ? Why is th English league the strongest league in the world now ? Is it because they believed in pride and honour ? No , it is because the English teams faced reality and realized that the only way they would make it back to the top was by "selling their souls" and fuck did it pay off .

Mar 30, 2006
thats the problem i have too. I don't want juve to become a monster with unlimited funds and replace every player with foreigners.
well i guess we will have to wait and see with regards to this but new money would be nice to have when it comes to our transfer targets being missed. I would not think this company wants to build a dream team like abramovich cuz that is like his personal fantasy.

But it would be a shame for the biggest club in Italy to be bought up by foreign investors, with all respect to the Russians of course.

I also am curious why these Russian companies do not choose to Invest heavily in Russian football?

Max

Jul 15, 2003
thats the problem i have too. I don't want juve to become a monster with unlimited funds and replace every player with foreigners.
This would make me hesitant, as it seems to be the trend for clubs with foreign ownership. However, I would like to believe that Juventus' reputation among Italians and its connection with the Azzurri would prevent something like that from happening.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
This would make me hesitant, as it seems to be the trend for clubs with foreign ownership. However, I would like to believe that Juventus' reputation among Italians and its connection with the Azzurri would prevent something like that from happening.
Which is also why I think we'll show that we can still stay true to ourselves and not become a bunch of sell out whores like the EPL teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)