Russian Investment? (8 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Severstal refute Juve link

Russian steel company Severstal have categorically denied rumours that they plan to invest in Juventus.

Reports in the Italian Press yesterday suggested that the metallurgy giant could pump cash into the Old Lady’s coffers in exchange for a minority share in the club.

It was mooted that the investment could have been used to fund the Bianconeri’s summer transfer campaign, as they look to lure targets including Amauri and Frank Lampard.

However, a statement issued from Russia last night has poured cold water on such speculation.

First and foremost we are an steel and metallurgy company and we are concentrating on that,” a spokesman stressed on Rbk.

We don’t have any plans to buy into Italian football.”

Juve aren’t the only side to have been linked with foreign investment, as Roma are reportedly considering a takeover bid from American billionaire George Soros.

channel 4

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
3 points to mention:

1- people who are against a takeover. Our current owners sold us out the momemnt they allowed us to be relegated to Serie B when they could have prevented all. How can you be against the idea of getting out of their hands? If these guys are willing to pump the money then what's the problem?

2- We won't become the new Chelsea. Chelsea was a midtable club that had serious money pumped into it to make it a force on par with Europe's giants in terms of players and success. It was also purchased because the owner is a football fan who wanted his own club. We already have/had world class players and we have already achieved success before on all levels, so we won't be the new Chelsea. and these guys seem to be interested in us from a business point of view, rather than for personal amusement.

3- It's obvious that the refs are against us and pro Inter. Whether you think it's a conspiracy or just Refs taking revenge, there is no denying it. Playing with heart can only take you so far. Our current management is incompetent. The only way to compete against other teams and the ref advantage is to build a team that is so strong and dominating that a ref "mistake" can have little influence over the result. If these guys pump serious money, then even Secco could get us a some good players.
Thank you for saving me the time and effort to type all these!!:agree:

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
What a nice way of Severstall to create commercial recognition. Pretend they want something, get the world press on them, then pull back... Look, now we have a branded name!

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
I'd like to see Juve get back to the top by good management instead of just pumping into the team. There is no glory in "buying" your way to the title.
I've always been proud on the fact that Fiat wasn't a sponsor like Moratti or Berlusconi was. We got where we were thanks to smart transfers and good management.

However, in our current state, I will not be the one to say no to an investement that can give our squad a boost.

An entire take-over, however, must be thought thrue properly. I don't want Juve to become a toy instead of a football club. I don't want the Old Lady to lose her soul....

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I'd like to see Juve get back to the top by good management instead of just pumping into the team. There is no glory in "buying" your way to the title.
I've always been proud on the fact that Fiat wasn't a sponsor like Moratti or Berlusconi was. We got where we were thanks to smart transfers and good management.

However, in our current state, I will not be the one to say no to an investement that can give our squad a boost.

An entire take-over, however, must be thought thrue properly. I don't want Juve to become a toy instead of a football club. I don't want the Old Lady to lose her soul....
i dont want to buy our way to the title. ever!

Apr 29, 2006
First it has nothing to do with the russians themselves.
Agnelli's had an investment in russian steel plants since the communist era (which is still holding the power in russia). They had car factories, truck factories... everything that is working with metal. They sell technologies to the russians as well.
If anyone here is aware of the global financial situation - he would know that at the moment nobody in Europe or USA has the cash(liquid assets). Almost if not every company in Europe or USA is working on credit, evading taxes and hiding profits. (also expanding the the maximum of the axiom) That is why these days strategic parterships are built with ASIAN companies (mostly India, Russia, Thailand) They hold a huge amound of cash and would love to invest in an environment like Europe. [Keep in mind deals like FIAT + Tata, Club takeovers in UK, Mediterranean Investment Holding, etc.]
In other words - we give something to the russians, they invest on their behalf. It has nothing to do with them, but has everything to do us choosing a different money flow.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
i dont want to buy our way to the title. ever!
what planet are you from?
it is all about money, there is not a succesfull team in the world that didn't have a strong financial backbone
who cares if this sponsor is Russian, Chinese or Italian
if we would win three consecutive CL's, you think anyone would care what language they speak upstairs?
I wouldn't

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
what planet are you from?
it is all about money, there is not a succesfull team in the world that didn't have a strong financial backbone
who cares if this sponsor is Russian, Chinese or Italian
if we would win three consecutive CL's, you think anyone would care what language they speak upstairs?
I wouldn't
i mean i dont want us to become like the madrids of the past.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
and it was not in Juve's tradition to go down to Serie B.

Why don't people get it? times have changed. Maybe if Caliopoli didn't happen we could have gone ahead in the same manner, but everything has changed. people mention pride, our OWNERS AND ENEMIES SENT US DOWN TO SERIE B. WE ARE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF EUROPE. You want us to go ahead and focus and pride and the way we are now? looooool yeah let's keep and getting molinaros and Almirons while Milan, Inter Madrid and the EPL clubs buy the Ronaldos and Kakas. Let's see how our "passion and heart" holds up then.

Then these same people that don't want us to be bought and come up and say "Fuck you Secco, Fuck you Gigli, Fuck you Ranieri!! Why doesn't anybody do anything about these guys?" well because we have owners who don't care.

Jun 13, 2007
Since when has football become about sentimental bullshit . It's a fucking buisness . Italian pride ? How is Elkann retaining Italian pride ? Buy buying foreign garbage ?

Look at the players our management bought this year .
NON-Italians: 6

Tiago
Almiron
Grygera
Sali
Andrade
Sissoko

Italians :4

Nocerino
Iaquinta
Criscito
Molinaro

They bought 6 foreigners , most of which , have done fuck all for us this season and 4 Italians , only one of which has been decent .
How is that protecting Italian pride ? How is that bringing honour to Juve ?

If Juve was sold to Russians , we might get the same number of players , maybe more forigners than Italians but at least you can bet that these players are ten times better than the players Our current management will ever get .

I see a team that has been picked on by the Italian FA , a team humiliated and bashed by the media , a team that has lost respect from all European teams . A team managed by a bunch of moronic fools . Yet some people insist that we should save face by allowing a bunch of baboons to fiddle around and experiment with the team we all fell in love with .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
3 points to mention:

1- people who are against a takeover. Our current owners sold us out the momemnt they allowed us to be relegated to Serie B when they could have prevented all. How can you be against the idea of getting out of their hands? If these guys are willing to pump the money then what's the problem?

2- We won't become the new Chelsea. Chelsea was a midtable club that had serious money pumped into it to make it a force on par with Europe's giants in terms of players and success. It was also purchased because the owner is a football fan who wanted his own club. We already have/had world class players and we have already achieved success before on all levels, so we won't be the new Chelsea. and these guys seem to be interested in us from a business point of view, rather than for personal amusement.

3- It's obvious that the refs are against us and pro Inter. Whether you think it's a conspiracy or just Refs taking revenge, there is no denying it. Playing with heart can only take you so far. Our current management is incompetent. The only way to compete against other teams and the ref advantage is to build a team that is so strong and dominating that a ref "mistake" can have little influence over the result. If these guys pump serious money, then even Secco could get us a some good players.
Your second point is interesting and it is the most I agree with as this is a totally different case here. It is a firm that is investing in the club, they will not assign a Russian guy to manage the team as they will not find the appropriate person, they will assign an Italian, someone they know can run their "new business" properly and apparently they will assign someone from the Juventus family (hopefully a former legend).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)