Russian Investment? (1 Viewer)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russians offer Juve investment Wednesday 9 April, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are reports that a Russian steel company are keen to invest heavily in Juventus, aiding the Old Lady’s summer shopping spree.

Sources in Italy claim that Severstal – the second largest steel group in Russia – have approached the Bianconeri hoping to pump a large sum of money into the club.

Juve have been linked with a number of high-profile additions, including Palermo striker Amauri and Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini as they look to push for next year’s Scudetto.

The investment would only give Severstal a minority share in Juve, but the funds could give the Turin giants a crucial financial boost and may even allow them to chase additional targets, such as Chelsea’s Frank Lampard.

Severstal already sponsor Russian Super League ice hockey club Cherepovets but are looking further a field for investment opportunities.

Intersting proposition if true. Would be very tempting if they only got a small share of the club in return.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MadballJuve

Oct 8, 2007

Russians offer Juve investment Wednesday 9 April, 2008

There are reports that a Russian steel company are keen to invest heavily in Juventus, aiding the Old Lady’s summer shopping spree.

Sources in Italy claim that Severstal – the second largest steel group in Russia – have approached the Bianconeri hoping to pump a large sum of money into the club.

Juve have been linked with a number of high-profile additions, including Palermo striker Amauri and Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini as they look to push for next year’s Scudetto.

The investment would only give Severstal a minority share in Juve, but the funds could give the Turin giants a crucial financial boost and may even allow them to chase additional targets, such as Chelsea’s Frank Lampard.

Severstal already sponsor Russian Super League ice hockey club Cherepovets but are looking further a field for investment opportunities.

Intersting proposition if true. Would be very tempting if they only got a small share of the club in return.
I especially like this part.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
as long as its an "investment" and not a take-over than i am all for it

russian football club owners havea very strange way of doing things....trust me

AshutoshJuve

Hi, Ashutosh Deshpande!
Mar 13, 2007
If it is a take over than its a DISASTER
What is the difference between us and EPL clubs then............
Money is necessary in football but not as Roman or Glazer's

I believe we must build our own talents and be debt-free
It they are buying minority stakes (60 : Fiat, 12.5: Libyan FI leaving around 20% ) then it is BRILLIANT as they can contribute a little (maybe a few millions) without indebting us

:flag2:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juve To Sell To Russians?

There are reports in Italy that Juventus are set to be sold to the Russian steel giant 'Severstal’.

Conspiracy theories have been flying around for quite sometime on internet forums and Juve fan sites that the current Bianconeri leadership will sell the club once they have achieved Champions League qualification this summer.

Information has begun to emerge in the Italian press that Russia’s second-largest steel maker, Severstal, could be set to purchase Juventus.
Severstal Group was founded in 2002 and has 120 establishments and more than 125,000 employees, with sales exceeding $3 billion.

Last month Severstal went shopping in the United States, purchasing the Sparrows Point steel plant in Blatimore for $810 million.

If Severstal were to acquire Juventus, it would bring the Bianconeri onto the same kind of level, in financial terms, as Roman Abramovich’s Chelsea.

Juventus are the second Italian club this week to be linked with a foreign take-over, as there are reports that Roma will sell up to American billionaire George Soros.

It remains to be seen how Juve fans will react to these reports.

goal.con

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
definetly not a takeover!

mr agnelli would roll in his grave. RIP to him.

if its an investment that will provide us with the bling than i say yes.

OP
Red

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #13
    definetly not a takeover!

mr agnelli would roll in his grave. RIP to him.

if its an investment that will provide us with the bling than i say yes.
    I don't suppose he is too impressed at how his heirs are running the club just now either.

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
    The Agnelli's are rolling over in their graves looking at what their grandchildren have done to the club.

Take over is fine by me. I don't care if Bin Laden and Charles Manson buy the club, the devil himself would be better than the Elkann-Montezemolo click.

With new owners people like Moggi and Giraudo could even be rehired. Bettega could be made president. I doubt one purchase would do it, but multiple conglomerates will likely take the club piece by piece eventually. I wrote about this in 2007 and people here called me crazy. Hopefully this is the starting point.

Next stop Warner brothers.

F#*K FIAT

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    The Agnelli's are rolling over in their graves looking at what their grandchildren have done to the club.

Take over is fine by me. I don't care if Bin Laden and Charles Manson buy the club, the devil himself would be better than the Elkann-Montezemolo click.

With new owners people like Moggi and Giraudo could even be rehired. Bettega could be made president. I doubt one purchase would do it, but multiple conglomerates will likely take the club piece by piece eventually. I wrote about this in 2007 and people here called me crazy. Hopefully this is the starting point.

Next stop Warner brothers.

F#*K FIAT
    How much do you think they will offer anyway?For both,minority share or takeover?

Roma could be sold for ~300mln euros.

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
    How much do you think they will offer anyway?For both,minority share or takeover?

Roma could be sold for ~300mln euros.
    The figure will change dramatically in the summer but I would assume 600 for a full takeover if they were to purchase all assets and assume all liabilities. Keep in mind the Sadio Delle Alpi belongs to Juventus while Roma only has half of it. Add the Vinovo training facility and other extras like Juventus Channel and European Football 600 sounds logical to me. It's just an assumption though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)