Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (20 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
When my country was communist our dictator set the value of Leu to dollar at 43.
Good luck finding dollars at that rate. Black market cost was between 250 - 300 Leu for a dollar. This was back in 1986-1989.
You can't take serious a currency rate set by a dictatorial government.
If you do, you only look stupid.
I thought that this Kim fellow was smarter than that.

Mar 9, 2006
When my country was communist our dictator set the value of Leu to dollar at 43.
Good luck finding dollars at that rate. Black market cost was between 250 - 300 Leu for a dollar. This was back in 1986-1989.
You can't take serious a currency rate set by a dictatorial government.
If you do, you only look stupid.
I thought that this Kim fellow was smarter than that.
And even when we were able to buy it before the war the exchange rate was manipulated by our government to get more money from the sale of oil, gas, minerals, gold etc.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah în my example my national car a Dacia 1300 (a dump of a car, rudimentary vehicle), based on (43 Leu for a dollar) was worth 33 000 dollars which is insane, as you would actually buy 7 or 8 cars like that with that sum.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Russia threatening Finland now over possible NATO membership.

Ukraine war: Putin warns Finland joining Nato would be 'mistake'

Following the phone call between Mr Niinistö and Mr Putin on Saturday, the Kremlin said the Russian leader had stressed the "end of the traditional policy of military neutrality would be a mistake since there is no threat to Finland's security"
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61450694

No threat, just like there was no threat for Ukraine as well :agree:

Mar 9, 2006
No updates, they keep on shelling Odessa, Kherson, Azovstal' that's it, no progression, it seems that orcs have no idea on what to do

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/economy/ru...els-no-sign-of-economy-back-on-track/2589008#

- - - Updated - - -

"The initial financial panic has indeed subsided, but that doesn't mean that the Russian economy is doing well. It's no way to say the Russian economy is resilient," said Sergei Guriev, an exiled Russian economist and professor at Sciences Po in Paris.

In an exclusive interview with Anadolu Agency, Guriev said the current forecasts for the Russian economy are not promising at all, noting that the Russian Central Bank's projections for 2022 showed that the economy would experience a recession of 8% to 10%.

"Instead of pre-war forecasts of plus 3% growth, recent leaks suggest that internal government forecasts point to a minus 12% GDP change in 2022," underlined the seasoned academic, who served as rector at the New Economic School in Moscow until he left the country in 2013.

"This is the biggest recession in 30 years," he added.
:vodka::vodka::vodka::vodka::vodka::vodka:

- - - Updated - - -

"The exchange rate is supported by draconian capital controls," he said. "Initially, the exchange rate plummeted, owing to capital flight. Exchange controls and other restrictions now prevent this from continuing."
Eichengreen argued that meanwhile, the Central Bank could support the exchange rate using dollars and euros obtained via energy exports. Hence, its recovery against the dollar and euro.
"But that's no sign of economic resilience," he underlined, adding that with inflation expected to reach 20%, there would be a significant deterioration in living standards.
:vodka::vodka::vodka::vodka::vodka::vodka:

Last edited:

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I keep thinking about whether this war could escalate in a full scale nuclear war... now i know that Russia and Russians s and Putin, they are all crazy, but honestly, i seriously doubt that Russians think that anything other than a total and complete destruction of their country and the world in general is the ultimate outcome of such a move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)