Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (12 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Listened to most of it. It really was less than worse than anticipated. I think that the overal framework of the interview wasn’t bad. It wasn’t a interview of ‘you did this, that, responsible for x, y, z’, but rather also time for Putin to speak in long form what he thinks without interruptions. Wether you agree with his message is something else but the form more reminded me of a podcast. I hope that in general more political leaders will agree to long form conversations. They’ll always win for me compared to the things we might see on tv.

For the things he said it won’t suddenly change the narrative of the war. What happened 3 centuries ago isn’t relevant. It stands out that he always starts about the history of the nations and somehow tries to justify that Ukraine isn’t a sovereign nation, and it isn’t just recent history but at some point he’s talking about the 17th century for example.

Also the part about denazification remains so strange. A word we almost forgot over the time but apparently it’s his things. And it remains so weird hearing someone taking about it. We really can’t define the political system in Ukraine as nazism so automatically it would mean he’s fighting a ideology in his view, which of course given the sheer scale of the war doesn’t make sense at all. It’s hard to say wether he knows that he’s twisting reality or if he’s trapped in his own reality here.

Something else I found interesting is the period right before and after 2014. Here we’re taking about complex geopolitical relations and actions between countries, where the odds aren’t in his favour for speaking the truth but his claims are more or less that the CIA was involved in a coup and things went wrong after that.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8,203
    tucker got fucked hard here. even those who pay the traitors despise them.

btw i read a resumé in hungarian, based on this the whole interview was a history lesson by putin, and tucker provided him the visibility to tell it to the whole world. what a tool
    That’s just beyond pathetic. Even more so for our country as a whole.

What a journalist, so amaze.

Jun 16, 2020
    he invited russia to attack those countries dude. those countries are his allies, not putin

donald is a lunatic, never been anything less or more
    He doesn’t have to say it like that but the bottom line of his message is true, like it or not. We have a alliance where most countries dont meet the financial agreements for decades. It’s a disgrace that we have a whole continent looking to the US for safety and protection, so thank you Trump for waking politicians up. Stop complaining and meet the agreements, than there’s no problem.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    He doesn’t have to say it like that but the bottom line of his message is true, like it or not. We have a alliance where most countries dont meet the financial agreements for decades. It’s a disgrace that we have a whole continent looking to the US for safety and protection, so thank you Trump for waking politicians up. Stop complaining and meet the agreements, than there’s no problem.
    there's a difference between raising an issue to find a solution and urging your opponent to attack your allies and saying "fuck our contract with nato, i'll violate it" just for votes

trump is a populist idiot who serves rednecks and pleases russian interests, the sooner you realize it the better. russians will do everything to make him win. then you'll see what's true from his former "if i'd be in office that war would never happen" bullshit

god save europe if that criminal gets elected once again

Jun 16, 2020
    there's a difference between raising an issue to find a solution and urging your opponent to attack your allies and saying "fuck our contract with nato, i'll violate it" just for votes

trump is a populist idiot who serves rednecks and pleases russian interests, the sooner you realize it the better. russians will do everything to make him win. then you'll see what's true from his former "if i'd be in office that war would never happen" bullshit

It’s indeed 100% populism but it will be highly effective, the sooner this continent realises that we should be able to defend our own territory the better. It’s sad that we need someone who our policymakers will define as crazy to say this, while in fact I’d say the opposite, it’s crazy to make someone else responsible for your own safety. Hopefully we’ll go to that 2% asap and build our own defense industry.

Springyouth

Sep 7, 2023

Well in USA you have people making statues for a drug user who was mugging pregnant women, what do you expect?

Besides, Europe is doing a great job on their own to destroy itself. I mean if you have people allowing rapes on massive scale so not be accused of racism... The story writes itself (Rotherham scandal in the UK).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)