Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (24 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Please provide evidence that Ukraine paid a penny for them.
Just because (if) they didn't pay yet doesn't mean that's a gift. The US did the same thing with the UK when they "helped" them during the WWII and that debt was paid only like 1 year ago iirc.

Don't get me wrong, especially when using quotes on help, because I'm well aware it is a huge help for Ukraine. But I'm just pointing out they are not doing it for free because they are not insane to jeopardize their economy and lose the equipment for free.

I guess we'll just wait and see. IMO chances are 0% that Ukraine won't pay back that. If anything I think that debt will fuck them up for decades.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Just because (if) they didn't pay yet doesn't mean that's a gift. The US did the same thing with the UK when they "helped" them during the WWII and that debt was paid only like 1 year ago iirc.

Don't get me wrong, especially when using quotes on help, because I'm well aware it is a huge help for Ukraine. But I'm just pointing out they are not doing it for free because they are not insane to jeopardize their economy and lose the equipment for free.

I guess we'll just wait and see. IMO chances are 0% that Ukraine won't pay back that. If anything I think that debt will fuck them up for decades.
Wishful thinking of a Russian puppet.
It should be pretty obvious to anyone by now that people who do not unequivocally condemn the Russian aggression against Ukraine support the aggressor. It is pretty useless to engage in polemics with them. Just shame and name them.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

We are going to wait and see.
And I read the story the UK paid it's last part of the debt of 4.5 billion back in 2006.

What's funny is that they never adjusted for inflation which probably would mean at least 20 - 25 billion in today's economy.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We are going to wait and see.
And I read the story the UK paid it's last part of the debt of 4.5 billion back in 2006.

What's funny is that they never adjusted for inflation which probably would mean at least 20 - 25 billion in today's economy.
I'm pretty sure I read it was last year or two years ago. Maybe @JuveJay knows it.

And it's the UK. Can't even imagine the damage done to a weak country.

Apr 17, 2013
I take it you’re a big fan of Bojangles Putin?
pff lazy answer

The US isn’t innocent by any means, but when has it deliberately targeted civilians as a part of its military doctrine? Not since the Vietnam war at least…..
Between the invasion of Western coalition forces, which brought down Saddam Hussein's regime in 2003, and their final withdrawal in 2011, nearly 500,000 people lost their lives on Iraqi soil. A figure that shakes up previous estimates, in particular that of Iraq Body Count (project of census of victims) which estimated the losses at 115,000, and which could still be well below the truth according to some.

This new study stands out for its disastrous precision, 60% of the victims perished during the fighting, 40% died from the indirect consequences of the conflict. A balance sheet to which must be added around 60,000 people who died outside Iraq after they had fled (mostly to Syria and Jordan).

Do you think it's a crime against humanity to have killed so many people, to have destroyed a country on a lie, to have destabilized an entire region and to have allowed the emergence of a terrorist group like the Islamic State?

What Do you think abaout a country that supported all the worst dictatorships in South America that allowed them to torture and kill their people, do you believe that American presidents don't have blood on their hands ?.

What tires me is this fucking hypocresy, it's like France, we sell ourselves for being the country of declarations of the rights of man which comes to give lessons to the whole earth, and which at the same time supports dictators and sell them weapons that kill thousands of civilians, you just want to say Macron shut your mouth, like Kamala shut your mouth, and stop your hypocresy.

It's good Kamala made her little statement, she's happy, it doesn't bring anything more because Putin and the Russians will never accept that he be judged by an international tribunal like the American presidents will still be able to 100 wars in the world world and they will never be judged.

Drop the whataboutism pls
Drop the hypocrisy

Btw @Raphael and @Quetzalcoatl
Here’s the key difference. Everyone in the US hates Bush and Cheney because of the Iraq war. Russians love Putin because of the Ukraine invasion.
That's not the subject. I hate Putin as much as Bush. The difference is that there is a country which is democratic and another which is a dictatorship which indoctrinates its people (we have seen French fries during Irak war and all this crap from Trump fans, this can very easily happen in the USA, given the low level of education of part of the population.).

I will not go into this debate, I have read but I do not have all the skills to explain precisely. It is true that the history of Russia and Ukraine are intertwined, they are brother peoples who share the same history, the same culture and the same religion. Today's Russia was founded by peoples who come from Ukraine.
Russians are fed with the most extreme nationalisms, by dint of indoctrination it is normal for them, however I think that many Russians publicly want to conform to certain standards for fear of political reprisals (a trip to prison is fast arrived), in private maybe they have other opinions.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
pff lazy answer

Between the invasion of Western coalition forces, which brought down Saddam Hussein's regime in 2003, and their final withdrawal in 2011, nearly 500,000 people lost their lives on Iraqi soil. A figure that shakes up previous estimates, in particular that of Iraq Body Count (project of census of victims) which estimated the losses at 115,000, and which could still be well below the truth according to some.

This new study stands out for its disastrous precision, 60% of the victims perished during the fighting, 40% died from the indirect consequences of the conflict. A balance sheet to which must be added around 60,000 people who died outside Iraq after they had fled (mostly to Syria and Jordan).

Do you think it's a crime against humanity to have killed so many people, to have destroyed a country on a lie, to have destabilized an entire region and to have allowed the emergence of a terrorist group like the Islamic State?

What Do you think abaout a country that supported all the worst dictatorships in South America that allowed them to torture and kill their people, do you believe that American presidents don't have blood on their hands ?.

What tires me is this fucking hypocresy, it's like France, we sell ourselves for being the country of declarations of the rights of man which comes to give lessons to the whole earth, and which at the same time supports dictators and sell them weapons that kill thousands of civilians, you just want to say Macron shut your mouth, like Kamala shut your mouth, and stop your hypocresy.

It's good Kamala made her little statement, she's happy, it doesn't bring anything more because Putin and the Russians will never accept that he be judged by an international tribunal like the American presidents will still be able to 100 wars in the world world and they will never be judged.

Drop the hypocrisy

That's not the subject. I hate Putin as much as Bush. The difference is that there is a country which is democratic and another which is a dictatorship which indoctrinates its people (we have seen French fries during Irak war and all this crap from Trump fans, this can very easily happen in the USA, given the low level of education of part of the population.).

I will not go into this debate, I have read but I do not have all the skills to explain precisely. It is true that the history of Russia and Ukraine are intertwined, they are brother peoples who share the same history, the same culture and the same religion. Today's Russia was founded by peoples who come from Ukraine.
Russians are fed with the most extreme nationalisms, by dint of indoctrination it is normal for them, however I think that many Russians publicly want to conform to certain standards for fear of political reprisals (a trip to prison is fast arrived), in private maybe they have other opinions.
See @Quetzalcoatl
Just as I said.
A discussion about Ukraine and the murdering of innocent civilians by russian forces turned into a long nothing about Bush and what not.

Hence the whataboutism.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
No issue with the US people. It's just laughable to see Kamala or anyone from the US govt talk about war crimes like they have a moral highground. We all know they don't give a fuck about the people of Ukraine so why get pressed when someone points out the irony.

And some rational people here will equate that to mean you support Putin. No surprise really, black and white thinking in everything. Well it is a Juventus forum after all.
They playing the game, just like putin painting himself as the defender of right wing issues to get support from conservatives. US has been the bad guy enough times in history. But 2 things:

-In this case, russia takes the cake. No matter how unhanded the oppositions approach. It's war.
-And 2, US can never come close to how evil russia was/is/will be.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
They playing the game, just like putin painting himself as the defender of right wing issues to get support from conservatives. US has been the bad guy enough times in history. But 2 things:

-In this case, russia takes the cake. No matter how unhanded the oppositions approach. It's war.
-And 2, US can never come close to how evil russia was/is/will be.
I don't disagree with any of that.

It's simply Kamala Harris with her virtue signaling is a big joke, that's all. People take something simple like that and make all kinds of assumptions about what you think.

Apr 17, 2013
See @Quetzalcoatl
Just as I said.
A discussion about Ukraine and turned into a long nothing about Bush.

Hence the whataboutism.
In your opinion why only Western countries support Ukraine in this war, and the rest of the world is globally indifferent or even on Putin's side? ?

Maybe because they saw Western countries invade Iraq, invade Afghanistan, destroy Libya, let the Israeli-Palestinian conflict drag on without a solution.
Reflect again with your whataboutism and open your eyes a little more to the world .

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't disagree with any of that.

It's simply Kamala Harris with her virtue signaling is a big joke, that's all. People take something simple like that and make all kinds of assumptions about what you think.
Bro i fuckin hate that bitch, her party and everything they stand for. That virtue signaling shit obviously works to some degree, and if it helps to bring the orcs down so be it.

As for the assumptions, let them think what they want, you know who you are and what you stand for, and that's all that matters.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
In your opinion why only Western countries support Ukraine in this war, and the rest of the world is globally indifferent or even on Putin's side? ?
Countries like Iran, China, North Korea, Belarus, Syria, Myanmar and India with Modi at the helm? Quite a list lol. NATO are supporting Ukraine for obvious reasons.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

Maybe because they saw Western countries invade Iraq, invade Afghanistan, destroy Libya, let the Israeli-Palestinian conflict drag on without a solution.
Reflect again with your whataboutism and open your eyes a little more to the world .
In my opinion you have to be pretty stupid to side with putin.
But seeing how the world is comprised of mainly stupid people I can understand that.

How about this?

How come Ukraine is supported by people in countries that have a strong educational system and putler is supported only in third world countries, dictatorships and the ilk.

Makes you think doesn't it.

The lower the iq, the higher the chance you support putin.
The lower the iq, the higher chance you fall for russian propaganda.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)