Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (20 Viewers)

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Assimilate or integrate? What are the concrete conditions?

It's an important distinction that wasn't made, true.

My point was assimilation should be up to the individual, never the country, otherwise it doesn't work and can even turn into a tragedy (native Americans, Uyghurs', Copts, the middle east etc.).
Assimilation is a choice, not good or bad in and of itself and can't be judged. This is where the distinction come to play as I think integration is almost always good and correct.

The only responsibility of a country is to guarantee or allow both options and encourage the latter. You just can't force people to do either.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012

My point was assimilation should be up to the individual, never the country, otherwise it doesn't work and can even turn into a tragedy (native Americans, Uyghurs', Copts, the middle east etc.).
Assimilation is a choice, not good or bad in and of itself and can't be judged. This is where the distinction come to play as I think integration is almost always good and correct.

The only responsibility of a country is to guarantee or allow both options and encourage the latter. You just can't force people to do either.
I hear you. The system does work overtime to facilitate both processes but I can't see how it can be enforced unless one uses archaic methods.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

It really depends on the numbers imo but eventually conflict is inevitable, at which point you either get one absobring the other or a separation.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Iran appearantly has the ability to go nuclear in a matter of weeks when It was supposed to take about a year for them to get this far. Seems like Russia has sent a scientist or two to help them along. Also Iran is to sign a new military contract with China. Not hard to see these 3 countries on one side of the scale "vs" the west.
Also a huge new threat to Israel which in turn stirs up all kinds of religion related shit and get other nations mixed in this which otherwise might not have taken part in a military or economic friction.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

why the fuck should Uyghurs assimilate tho?! They are natives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)