Rugby World Cup 2011 (1 Viewer)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah that's what I meant, it seems to be played by gentleman's clubs and top universities in India, but not in other areas. Rugby does have a middle and upper class element to it in a lot of areas, both historically and ethically, but as it spreads that shouldn't be so important.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Forget university teams, it needs to begin at primary school level. The kids start at 5yrs old over here & pretty much the same in Australia/NZ. They need to look at it long term much like US soccer does, only then will it rise in popularity. But the US has everything at it's disposal to become a force to be reckoned with in world rugby.

Depends on the country i suppose. Rugby is played across the board here but the more prestigious & private schools tend to put more emphasis on promoting Rugby. I guess agents & clubs give fat bribes under the table to get first option on up & coming stars.
Sure, I'd taken the fact that they had started playing as children as a given, but they also need to give players a platform on which to start the road to becoming a professional.

OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #63
    Sure, I'd taken the fact that they had started playing as children as a given, but they also need to give players a platform on which to start the road to becoming a professional.
    You really think those neurotic moms would allow their kids to play football without the padding? But yeah, they really should look at starting a national league & shipping off their best players to european teams. Maybe if they're lucky, they could get a few of them in a super 15 team.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #65
    WΏΏdy;3270520 said:
    Polo is pretty much the royal game here as well. Rugby for the new school rich.
    You have no idea how i hate that sport & the pretentious people that "play" it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    You really think those neurotic moms would allow their kids to play football without the padding? But yeah, they really should look at starting a national league & shipping off their best players to european teams. Maybe if they're lucky, they could get a few of them in a super 15 team.
    They've got 3 or 4 in Top 14 and Premiership teams now, it's not unreasonable to think so.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #68
    WΏΏdy;3270530 said:
    I know. Thankfully i don't know anyone who bothers to watch or play it either (yeah i have no legendary rich friends :D)
    I know a few plus a crap load of nouveau riche darkies that are into it. I love it when i see some of them in their bentley's or rolls royce in a fucking kfc drive through.:D

They've got 3 or 4 in Top 14 and Premiership teams now, it's not unreasonable to think so.
    I know Gagiano(another SA write off:D) plays for the Eastern Province Kings over here, Ngwenya plays for Biarritz in France & Van der Giessen plays for Bath. Not exactly world beating sides but they are getting there.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
    Sep 1, 2011
    Speaking to a few of the Aussie boys before they left, they weren't as confident/cocky as they are usually. I think they've finally accepted how far they are behind NZ, and how close the competition between Suth Iffrica, France, and England is.

Glad to see they bounced back to decent form against the Wanks. The game v Ireland was pathetic.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #72
    The Argentina vs Scotland game was beyond exciting, what a match despite the errors & lack of tries. Scotland really applied the pressure & everybody thought it would have been the Argies doing all the attacking. With Fernandez Lobbe injured plus going off & Contepomi playing with a rib injury, Scotland showed what weaklings they are. Not to forget Amorisino's amazing try, fuck that really knocked the wind out of the scots.

Great, great game. I loved it.:D

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    The Argentina vs Scotland game was beyond exciting, what a match despite the errors & lack of tries. Scotland really applied the pressure & everybody thought it would have been the Argies doing all the attacking. With Fernandez Lobbe injured plus going off & Contepomi playing with a rib injury, Scotland showed what weaklings they are. Not to forget Amorisino's amazing try, fuck that really knocked the wind out of the scots.

Great, great game. I loved it.:D
    Was a tense end to the match. I thought when the Argentinian winger spilled Parks kick for touch that Scotland would get the points to win, but they got what they deserved with their usual unambitious rugby. This was summed up before Argentina scored when Scotland were 10 yards out and went for a drop goal.

The team who scores the trys deserves to win in my book.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #74
    Was a tense end to the match. I thought when the Argentinian winger spilled Parks kick for touch that Scotland would get the points to win, but they got what they deserved with their usual unambitious rugby. This was summed up before Argentina scored when Scotland were 10 yards out and went for a drop goal.

The team who scores the trys deserves to win in my book.
    Yeah it was Amorosino, the try scorer that dropped it but one strength about Argentina is their defense. Scotland had chance after chance to finish off the match but they were woeful & deserved the loss considering how things were going their way.

As for the team that scores the tries, i guess it's what you prefer. Honestly i enjoy a tight match with strong defense from both sides just as much as a high scoring game.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #75
    The Italy - USA was so disappointing from both sides, USA defended bravely but they wasted so many opportunities to increase their lead. Too bad they came into the game with a defensive mindset. Italy on the other hand were woeful, considering they play test rugby regularly, the players spend more time together & partake in the Super Six. USA did very well & if they wanna take things to the next level, they need to invest in a quality coach who can make difficult decisions & pressure the USA rugby union into investing more in the game. Sergio Parisse, once again just showed how classy he is, absolute quality player.

I can't wait for the Italy -Ireland match but judging by today's performance, if Italy don't improve drastically, they won't give the Irish any major problems.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Italy are far too reliant on individuals, the forward pack and set plays. The set plays from Italy were actually excellent, but they have been predictable for too long. They are also desperately poor in the half backs and centres. They just have to persevere with Gori and find a kicker from somewhere.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #79
    What an intense, exciting game that was! Just WOW! I knew the Samoans would come in heavy, be very physical & as expected get rough. What i love about this Springbok squad is their composure, similar to the winning squad of 2007. The Samoans tried everything in their book to cause fights & my boys held on tight. Props to the defense for another sterling effort & JP Pietersen, what a brave, brave winger.

Hopefully Brian Habana & Francois Hougaard will be ready for the quaterfinal clash.:xfinger:

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Fair play to Wales, they played a great game, got their tactics spot on. Too many mistakes by our lads though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)