Rothen Salas swap? (1 Viewer)

Dino

Apr 18, 2003
At last, someone wants to take salas off us!
Does anyone know how much they are offering? If its 5million we'd have a bargain. But will they be able to pay salas' wages? I thought they were bankrupt.
And this rothen guy, is he any good? Experience in the champions league? Played for france? if not, he cant be good. But i suppose he'll do well as back up for nedved and maresca!

Ohhhh yell, Jun-hide, i dont really see this guy taking our free kicks. i dont think del piero and nedveds free kicks are that bad, and del piero actually scored more goals from free kicks than roberto carlos or beckham! NOT BAD at all!!!!!!!!!:D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Rothen is a 25 year-old recently international French player. He plays on the left side of midfield and likes attacking (sort of Camoranesi) .. he played for Monaco 37 matches last season and scored 4 goals .. was nominated as best player of Ligue 1 'Le Championnat' for the months of December and February whereas he was selected as best player in the club for the months of January and March .. according to statistics he is one of the best passers in the league with a very high success rate .. his widely succesful season with Monaco aroused interest from rival clubs Marseille, PSG, and Lyon but Monaco officials would prefer to sell/swap him to clubs outside of France .. Rothen had his international debut under Santini playing in a friendly against Malta .. he also had a good outing at the Confederations Cup before getting injured .. his favourite players (friends) are Henry and Gallas ..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
If this deal goes through then I'll be absolutely overwhelmed! :extatic: Salas is a total liability so we NEED to get rid of him and his humongous wages, and the signing of Rothen, who would provide more depth in our midfield, would be a nice bonus :excited:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Rothen is a 25 year-old recently international French player. He plays on the left side of midfield and likes attacking (sort of Camoranesi) .. he played for Monaco 37 matches last season and scored 4 goals .. was nominated as best player of Ligue 1 'Le Championnat' for the months of December and February whereas he was selected as best player in the club for the months of January and March .. according to statistics he is one of the best passers in the league with a very high success rate .. his widely succesful season with Monaco aroused interest from rival clubs Marseille, PSG, and Lyon but Monaco officials would prefer to sell/swap him to clubs outside of France .. Rothen had his international debut under Santini playing in a friendly against Malta .. he also had a good outing at the Confederations Cup before getting injured .. his favourite players (friends) are Henry and Gallas ..
This is the best news I've heard in years! Finally, a true left sided midfielder for Juve. It has to happen.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

This is the best news I've heard in years! Finally, a true left sided midfielder for Juve. It has to happen.
Yup, and Salas is leaving too! :extatic::D

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Spartacuz ] ++
Dunno why u guys criticize Salas so much, like if he was a really bad player. Salas didn't have much luck in Juve, but is not a bad player at all. I prefer Salas to Zalayeta any day.

if he played the way he played at lazio, i would love him too..but he isnt, no sense in keeping a player who isnt performin

Jan 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Spartacuz ] ++
Dunno why u guys criticize Salas so much, like if he was a really bad player. Salas didn't have much luck in Juve, but is not a bad player at all. I prefer Salas to Zalayeta any day.
Salas is not a bad player, but for us he's been. Salas is never gonna have any luck for Juve since he doen't feel like he has anything to give to the club, and it's for his own best that he leaves Turin (as well as the club's). I'm just mad at him cause he isn't wanting to reduce his salary.

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
Rothen would be good for Juve! I would be happy, if he came and Salas went. I just feel sorry for poor Déschamps, who'll have a hard season with Salas.:down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)