Ronaldo is disrespectful (1 Viewer)

delpi25

Jul 16, 2002
After world cup 98, Ronaldo has suffered from long injuries and inter have supported him and even let him go back to brazil to recuperate on 2 occasions and now he will do anything to leave inter. Give us your thoughts?

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Ronaldo "wants to win it all" Sunday 1 September, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronaldo has regained his famous grin in Madrid, but will have his pay docked if there is a new injury.

“I always knew that everything would turn out alright,” said the former Inter man as he touched down in Spain, “and that I would sign for Real Madrid.”

The move was in doubt until an hour before the transfer deadline late Saturday night, but eventually the Nerazzurri cut their £60m price-tag to just £30m.

“I knew Real President Florentino Perez had extraordinary ability. I’ve always believed in him and knew he would have brought me here at the right time.”

“If I am here in this great club then it is thanks to a President who wants the best for his team. Now I want to win everything.”

The remarks make no mention at all of Inter, or of President Massimo Moratti’s role in negotiations.

The fans remain angry that their former hero, who maintained their unwavering support during almost four years of injury torment, decided to walk out after regaining full fitness.

However, Real patron Perez confirmed that a new injury setback would cost the player.

“Ronaldo agreed to cut his wages in order to come to Madrid,” revealed the businessman. “He also sold the club his image rights and if the knee that underwent surgery is damaged again, he will agree to forgo his salary.”

Il Fenomeno remained on full pay at Inter when he was out of action for two years.

Football Italia

At least we know he did not go for the money

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
He Is just the same as Zidane

funny how some peopel say Zidane

left for justified Reasons but Ronaldo did not.....

Is just idiotic when players say they love a club they really don't like Ronaldo

and get the fans to love only so his name gains a higher market value

because its these people how feel the betrayal the strongest...

Because To them Ronaldo gave his word 100 times over and over again

that he would not leave

and now he left.....

Anyway its nice
I like............

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
...if the knee that underwent surgery is damaged again, he will agree to forgo his salary.”
Smart move, would have saved Inter a bundle had they thought of the same. Obviously there's no way of predicting this right from the start, but after a couple of injuries it doesn't take Steven Hawking to see a pattern.

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
I just found something even smarter, if it's true...

tribalfootball.com - September 2, 2002

It has emerged Real Madrid had a clause written into Ronaldo's contract which will see the Brazilian return to Inter Milan if his knee problems flare up again.
The striker was out for over two years with knee problems before returning to senior action at the end of last season with Inter and also helping Brazil win this year's World Cup.

If he is injured while with Real and it's proven that it is not a new complaint, Ronaldo will return to Inter and the Italians will repay the £30 million Real parted with for the striker.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
more like

The Biggest Disllusionist of Soccer

Remember
The Bigger they are
The Harder they Fall

(All I have to say is oooouch Real)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Javier Zanetti and Christian Vieri have spoke publicly about Ronaldo’s departure to Real Madrid.

"He didn’t even say goodbye," blasted captain Zanetti. "He said nothing and shut himself away from his teammates. It would have been nice for him to come to the training camp before his departure."

Meanwhile, Vieri - a close friend of Ronaldo’s - concentrated on the new arrivals. "I am sorry that Ronaldo has gone but we have two great new signings at both ends of the field, Hernan Crespo and Fabio Cannavaro. Our team is much stronger."

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
IMO Inter will be stronger now. The Serie A has a lot of physical strength in it, and Crespo certainly is much stronger that Ronaldo is. I also think Vieri would link up better with Crespo than Ronaldo.

About Real, I think Ronaldo won't add anything but depth into Real's squad. Real certainly can't play with 3 forward because of their midfield overload. Raul and Morientes are both great forwards that are certainly nothing less than Ronaldo (IMO they can do more than he can). So in the end the result of this purchase is just more pressure on Real to win everything they can. And they won't be winning much this season.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Disagree with you there pal, Morientes is a very good player but in a super squad as Real Madrid, he was kind of a wek link, a fit Ronaldo will be the icing on the cake and no way will they play 3 strikers

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Disagree with you there pal, Morientes is a very good player but in a super squad as Real Madrid, he was kind of a wek link, a fit Ronaldo will be the icing on the cake and no way will they play 3 strikers
You do have a point there. But I already said that they will certainly not be playing with 3 strikers. It's true that Morientes is the weaker than the other Real players. But he's the most consistent IMO, he does fade away sometimes, but he's always there when you need him. I'm not sure about Ronaldo yet, I don't think he will be 100% fit ever again.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
Forget about Spanish players in ITaly

there is a bigger chance of DP going there then of us getting Raul/Morientes

after what Mendieta went through at LAzio

they will not be queeing up to come in............

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuventusFan ] ++

You do have a point there. But I already said that they will certainly not be playing with 3 strikers. It's true that Morientes is the weaker than the other Real players. But he's the most consistent IMO, he does fade away sometimes, but he's always there when you need him. I'm not sure about Ronaldo yet, I don't think he will be 100% fit ever again.
Morientes is always getting on the fans' nerves because 1)he is very lazy 2) he is very inconsistent

Raul is the very consistent one actually

But i agree with you with Ronaldo, sadly i think his best days are behind him, he might play wonderfully sometimes but i don't think it will be on a consistent level

But going to Spain will definitely help him and with Figo, Zz and Raul he will have a relatively easier ride than in defence minded Italy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)