Romelu Lukaku - Forward- Manchester United (9 Viewers)

How many goals will he score for Juve?[all comp.]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2016
Mabe we are buying him because of Ronaldo?
We all know Ronaldo needs a number 9 besides him to occupy the central defenders.

He can easily bully defenders and is great on the air.

He is like a young Manzu with a better goal scoring stat. And we all know Ronaldo played his best games for us when he was paired with on form Mandzukic.

So this might be more a about tactical choices rather than anything else.

But still, i prefer Dybala any day of the week. Buy this guy, but not at the expense of losing Dybala.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
We all know Ronaldo needs a number 9 besides him to occupy the central defenders.

He is like a young Manzu with a better goal scoring stat. And we all know Ronaldo played his best games for us when he was paired with on form Mandzukic.

But still, i prefer Dybala any day of the week. Buy this guy, but not at the expense of losing Dybala.
wat

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Mandzukic can make more assists with his head than Lukaku can make with his feet.

But our board has been lusting for every big, strong #9 on the market for years now so obviously they have a preferred archetype for that position.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Mandzukic can make more assists with his head than Lukaku can make with his feet.

But our board has been lusting for every big, strong #9 on the market for years now so obviously they have a preferred archetype for that position.
then why the eff are we ditching manbro and higuain?

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018

Then they should sign Giroud instead this big donkey. Giroud is good with his feet and already know Sarriball. Besides he played for Arsenal for years which had similar footballing style under Wenger

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Man i cant get over this transfer.

Maybe juventus is trying to get lukaku from manu... to directly negotiate with inter for icardi? Im saying this because it seems impossible for inter to get lukaku without selling icardi to us.

Maybe they talked to juve to buy lukaku for then negotiate directly?

i would be too tempting for conte and marotta to not ask us about lukaku. Conte is drooling for him, and they want to get rid from icardi in a way that their image doesnt get damaged too much.

Otherwise i cant find the logic

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Ronaldo plays well off of a #9, true, that doesn't necessitate spending 80mil on a mediocre oaf.

If the club wants to sell Dybala too then fine. I don't agree but I do understand if they don't think he can find a role in our current side but trading for Lukaku is indefensible.

Mar 3, 2014
I don't think we get him. Maybe we sell Dybala, but I imagine that our management isn't inept, and would consult the coach on this. If we sell Dybala, I'm still convinced it's because we're upgrading.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
You know the funny thing this swap deal favours us more at this point than United.

Dybala is certain to be a flop at United in their setup. His lack of speed and physicality is a bad fit unless he completely transforms himself into a David Silva type TQ which I doubt. La Liga is a much better fit for him.

Lukaku on the other hand is certain to smash goals against minnows and probably score 30 goals in a season while flopping against big teams as usual. So in the grand scheme of things , from management's point of view, he'll be seen as a success if he manages to score 25-30 a season. And this is the big problem. We'll be spending money on a CF who won't be that much of a difference maker.

I just don't know how we are going to play one touch football with Lukaku though.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You know the funny thing this swap deal favours us more at this point than United.

Dybala is certain to be a flop at United in their setup. His lack of speed and physicality is a bad fit unless he completely transforms himself into a David Silva type TQ which I doubt. La Liga is a much better fit for him.

Lukaku on the other hand is certain to smash goals against minnows and probably score 30 goals in a season while flopping against big teams as usual. So in the grand scheme of things , from management's point of view, he'll be seen as a success if he manages to score 25-30 a season. And this is the big problem. We'll be spending money on a CF who won't be that much of a difference maker.

I just don't know how we are going to play one touch football with Lukaku though.
False. Even if you believe the above the $ value of the players involved means we had better receive a substantial amount of cash as well.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I've changed my mind I think I can fap to this
EAwr_2RWwAEEgx_.jpeg
Spoiler that shit FFS!

- - - Updated - - -

Our management must be on drugs. Pogba is literally begging to leave, our midfield is crying for some physicality, but hey, let's piss off Inter and Conte by targeting LolCackU. There, we showed them. I swear the mental midgetry these guys possess, and they're making millions being inept incompetent imbeciles.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Lukaku had only 1 assist in 40+ games last session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)