Rome is crumbling - Part I (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The weird thing is that Lazio, reportedly the one of the big clubs to struggle the most financially, have signed Manfredini, Sorin, Oddo and now possibly Eriberto according to recent reports. The combined transfer value I cannot say but must surely be around £20-30m.

Meanwhile they are only getting £8m for the Mendieta loan deal with another £16.5m possible to be cashed in on permanent delivery a year from now.

Which could inspire speculation to think at least one of Nesta/Crespo is leaving imminently.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
*Castroman costed £5.3 million and Lazio now ownes £1.3 million to Velez.

I'm wondering what happened to that 100 million € fund to balance their books (at that time they had a 43 million € loss) that the Lazio board agreed on in May?

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
Just befor the start of the season, Lazio got 100 million euro's in the form of loans & new shares issue. Still end of the year states 40 million Euro's loss.

We dont have mandietta anymore (salary of 4.1 million euros a year NET) whilst other players will have to accept pay cut :D.

The only problem is Deki's salary (1.5 million Euro's ) which his agent wants to increase (well, he deserved it last year after all).

What is Crag doing? well, i wish i knew. Purchase of manferndini & Eriberto he wanted to tie down with sale of either Crespo or Nesta, none of which happened.

The thing is, Lazio is selling, but none is buying;)

Except our fav customer Juve, of course. :D

Favalli is your player now.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
this possibly good news for us.i have a feeling that none of the clubs interested in nesta will agree to the 30m.this would most probably lead to lazio lowering the price,probably to cannavaro's price(25m).then we'd most probably get him,i still can't picture milan forking out the 25 quid.besides,we did win the scudetto last season.that would maybe lead nesta to choosing us over inter.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
however I see Roma as a more liklier victim of this scenario.....

Cragnotti is smart in a sense that he is addressing his problems intime

As Roma they are just plainly turning their head......
I can't imagine Roma being in a worse position than Lazio :confused: Maybe they suck at shopping like you mentioned, but Sensi at the end has much more power then Cragnotti IMO.

Looking forward to the 2nd part! :drool: :D

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

You mean you wish you didn't... ;):D
:D

One thing i know is that he keeps on complaining that we're broke year after year....and then he buys Likes of Crespo, Veron and last year Mandietta:rolleyes:

In Italy, Nesta's team of preference is Inter. ;)

What i find funny is that Rio went to ManU for 30 million sterling. What Nesta's price should be then?

Anyway, it's a buyers market.

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
    IF he doesnt manage to sell, with these signings...

Beware of Lazio this year;)
    Yes :howler:
    beware of Lazio not being allowed to play in Seria A

This isn't fantasy football welcome to the Real World

Its cold and Real
    And when it rains it pours........
    :notlist:

There are new fifa rules
    and it will be in Galiani's interest (Milan Director/Supporter)
    to eliminate one of their fiercest competitors that hasn't even allowed them to buy NEsta at a reasnoable price........

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    Evelyn 8, in your wildest dreams;):D

I dont think there will be a problem:)

Rules are rules, and thats why all the fuss;)

But "political" preassure will be way to high for them to actually not allow Roma or Lazio to play in Seria A. It would be an incredible precedent and many PPL would get burned by making this decision.

On the other hand, I'm really in favour of this "financial" stability set up. In Yugoslav league there was a big mess two years ago when a first league team basically worked out that it's cheaper playing in the second division (in their case at least) and decided to leav the league half way through:confused: Imagine havoc that created;)

On the other hand, this rule has to be applied accross the board;) So that the group of "protected" wouldnt be allowed to do what the heck they want (name of Real MAdrid comes to mind;)).

What the problem is are back dated wages of some players, even Zac i think and some money that is long overdue for some purchases (some of couple of years ago). No team in the world pays the wages monthly;), ie they do pay but when money comes to the team whilst they are progressing in their respective competiotions.

As a Lazio fan i dont like what is happeneing right now to my team. As a fan of the game, i believe that this needed to be done & it is move in the right direction. Our presidents have been telling us that football become business & words costs, balance sheets and other financial terms are repeted to us all the time. Now there is another term that football "gods" will have to learn and that is Fiscal Morality. No more pumped up books, no more buying on the basis of the future earnings.

Accounts is historical exercise, which gives you the state of the company at a given day. IF today you are not financially capable of spending the year in the Seria A, than you will not be allowed to play. What you think you WILL earn during the year is a speculation, and football is a sport, not a financial speculation.

And Lazio is a perfect example that last sentance is very true;)

OP

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    YEs they will probably make it but one player will have to go
    who nobody knows

But one thing is for sure Lazio are back where they belong and that is fighting for UEFA CUP places........

sorry for sounding offensive to Lazio fans and all
    but this is the true nature of things

There can only be one Champion
    and the Championship has always been divided amongst Milan and Turin and in some cases Genoa.

Any Teams South of the Emilo Romagna are just there for the look of it.

The League its a Northern PArty
    so it was
    and so it shall once again become

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    Nothing is rigtfully yours until you earn it;)

Scudetto belongs to the team with the most point at the end of the season, be it north or south.

Question for you:

What is the Last Italian team to bring a European trophy to Italy?

a) Juve
    b) Milan
    c) Inter
    d) Lazio

this is too easy;):D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Blah blah aca, big deal you won the Cup Winner's Cup.

Let me ask you this, which is the last Italian team to be world champion clubwise? ;)

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
    even though lazio won the uefa's cup winners cup back in 99, it was juve who last brought european glory by winning the glamorous champions league in 96, inter also won the uefa cup in 98. hell, i miss those old days when the italians used to rule europe :(

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Let me ask you this, which is the last Italian team to be world champion clubwise? ;)
    You know what my point was;)

...and besides, we had enough of easy questions:D;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)