Rome is crumbling - Part I (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
didn't really get that sum

but 26+2 (would equal the sum Juve and LAzio has won the Scudetto Juve 26 and LAzio skinny 2)
You're right, I am living in the past :D try this one...

26+9+2+1+3+2 ;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Finally the end of those skyhigh salaries and transfer amounts is getting closer! You all have to agree that that was getting more ridiculous every summer!!

Thank heaven the competition of my country isn't affected by all this! Bless the youth-systems!! :)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
Thank heaven the competition of my country isn't affected by all this! Bless the youth-systems!! :)
finally you show some optimism about the Netherlands.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Lazio-Chievo row goes to arbitration Saturday 3 August, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bitter row between Lazio and Chievo is set to go to the Football League as an agreement over contracts could not be reached.

The two clubs have been embroiled in a public battle since May 6 over wingers Christian Manfredini and Eriberto.

The Biancocelesti signed contracts with the two players, but protested when Chievo filed the paperwork with the League to complete the transfers.

“We are being damaged by this situation,” blasted Gialloblu President Luca Campedelli, “and it is time to call in the authorities. Chievo did everything by the book and cannot be left in the lurch like this.”

Lazio patron Sergio Cragnotti has again refused to pay the £18m for the two stars, claiming the contracts were only an agreement and not the sign of a complete transfer.

It now seems certain that the League will be asked to act as arbiter in this complicated business affair.

Lazio are already on the end of other investigations regarding the sale of Gaizka Mendieta to Barcelona – his former club Valencia claim they are yet to be paid in full – Jaap Stam’s transfer from Manchester United and Ivan De La Pena’s unpaid wages.

Football Italia

===

What the hell are they doing??

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
Personally I think Cragnotti is a big reason why Lazio are in such troubles.
His latest transfer campaigns have been very strange.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
World governing body FIFA have placed an embargo on Lazio from buying any player from outside of Italy, according to reports.

The Italian giants still have payments to make to Manchester United, Valencia and Velez Sarsfield over the signings of Jaap Stam, Gaizka Mendieta and Lucas Castroman.

FIFA have stopped them from signing any more new men from abroad until they have cleared some of their debts.

Meanwhile, Cruzeiro officials are set to fly into Rome soon for talks regarding Juan Pablo Sorin’s move to Lazio.

The Biancocelesti are set to try to get the club to lower the £6.5m fee that was previously agreed. However, the South American’s are set to stand their ground.

Lazio already suffered a transfer set-back earlier this week when the Italian Football League declined to accept the registration of summer signings Massimo Oddo, Christian Manfredini and Eriberto because of financial difficulties.

Football Italia

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Well Chiesa signed for them, so they can now sell Crespo or Lopez or even both and get the money that they need.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
Manfredini is signed ;) It is coovnership deal, for a year and full ownership after the end of the season. Lazio paid 3 million euro's and the deal went through.

Oddo will most likely be signed for a lower price. At least that is being negotiated.

Eriberto will probably end up in jail, so i doubt that this deal will go through :(

and no news on Sorin yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)