Roma Players On Verge Of Club Exit (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It seems he has absorbed that intense state of mind so many Romanisti seem to have, about how they have such strong unity (when they're not settling their differences in public) and are quick to condemn everyone else. And his temper shows, plenty of cards this season. Just like Zebina before him, just like Davids at Milan etc

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
why not:
-Cassano
-Ferrari
-Chivu
-De Rossi
-Dacourt
-Dellas

:p we give them: Zalayeta, Montero, Tudor, Appiah, Tacchinardi, Kapo

:p hahhahahahha..............

Jul 12, 2002
I don't want any more romanistas at Juve. We've already got too many. Besides, they can't lose all the players that the media says they will.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I wouldn't mind Mexes at all.If he comes he'll most probably be really cheap,and if he discovers his form again we will well and truly have an incredible defence.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Let's see, there r a lot of players which we can get.

Mexes and Ferrari r both good defenders, excelling on Auxerre and Parma respectively. When they land at Roma, they had a lot of blunders and picked up quite a number of cards (Mexes had already 2 red cards for half a season, including 1 direct red from the CL). Not to forget to add Chivu, the injured defender as well. If we managed to pick up all 3 (I wish), we can give them Tudor, Legro + Montero. And now Mexes has landed himself into more sh!t if the 4 month ban were to happen. I don't think we need Dellas.

I wouldn't mind getting Cassano as well. We can give them Mutu and/or Appiah + some cash to get him. But den if Mutu doesn't leave, then there's no point flooding Juve with strikers, unless Trez goes or Capello plays with 3 strikers for all games. But Roma seems keen to keep their trident attack. So I think this deal is rather difficult.

Overall if we managed to get 1 of the 4 mentioned, I would be happy :)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
Mexes and Ferrari... no thanks, this kind of player r good only in Football manager game...
Oh come on, they may suck in Roma but that doesn't mean they wouldn't excel in other clubs rite? I feel that their case is similar to Zebina's. Look at Zebina now. He seems refreshed ever since he played for us.

Dec 26, 2004
But they r overrated.... I cannt believe that somone was expecting Mexes to become the next Nesta :wallbang:
We should think of a more reliable option and while we r still talkin about Rome then why not Chivu....

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
But they r overrated.... I cannt believe that somone was expecting Mexes to become the next Nesta :wallbang:
We should think of a more reliable option and while we r still talkin about Rome then why not Chivu....
I don't think they r overrated. I asked my frens who they r, and they don't even know who I'm talking about. Mexes is a promising player at Auxerre, well maybe not the next Nesta, but definitely a solid defender. Ferrari too at his Parma days. These 2 have a bright future, but there's nothing much u can do when u land urself in the wrong club.

I mentioned about Chivu too, but we need to pay quite a bit of $$$. Since Chivu is injured, we don't know how he will play once he recovered.

Dec 26, 2004
I have watch a lot of Chivu in his Ajax day... and believe me he was a real laeder and organizer of their deffence, he has a lot of Maldini's character (I'm not makin any kind of comparision here) he worth ever penny we might pay, and don't forget that Roma r in a bad financial situation, so they need money so badly...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I have watch a lot of Chivu in his Ajax day... and believe me he was a real laeder and organizer of their deffence, he has a lot of Maldini's character (I'm not makin any kind of comparision here) he worth ever penny we might pay, and don't forget that Roma r in a bad financial situation, so they need money so badly...
True. I also like Chivu a lot, but I don't know wad he will become after his injury. But I would like him ot come here to get back to his old form.

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #36
    I'd rather Chivu than Mexes.

Reason: even before they left their former clubs, we had a glimpse of their potential both on and off the pitch.

Chivu's a rational thinkking man, a leader (who could become Captain one day) and a great defender. His determination adds a lot of steel to any team that he is playing for.

Mexes on the other hand, a good player but rather irrational and silly. Witness even the manner in which he moved, not to talk of his seeming chase for a red card record in Serie A. We don't need another Montero!

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Juventus dismiss Totti swoop Wednesday 16 February, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have distanced themselves from reports that they are interested in signing Roma’s Francesco Totti.

The Italian international has been associated by some with a Turin switch but the Delle Alpi outfit insist they don’t want him.

"I don’t see why we need to do extraordinary things on the transfer market," director general Luciano Moggi told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.

"The players we have already have proved themselves to be good enough and the fact that we are top of the League shows that."

The chances of seeing Totti leave the capital for Juventus seem very slim, almost impossible in fact.

Although Fabio Capello, Emerson and Jonathan Zebina made the same move at the start of this season, Totti is unlikely to follow them.

The No 10 is a symbol of the Giallorossi and would find it hard to ‘betray’ the fans by joining their great rivals.

Meanwhile, Moggi was asked to explain the secret behind his club’s success over the last decade.

"The reality is that it is difficult to define the ingredients that make a team good," he added.

"You certainly need professionalism, something that is not missing at this club and a characteristic which we consider as our best weapon."

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
    I'd rather Chivu than Mexes.

Reason: even before they left their former clubs, we had a glimpse of their potential both on and off the pitch.

Chivu's a rational thinkking man, a leader (who could become Captain one day) and a great defender. His determination adds a lot of steel to any team that he is playing for.

Mexes on the other hand, a good player but rather irrational and silly. Witness even the manner in which he moved, not to talk of his seeming chase for a red card record in Serie A. We don't need another Montero!
    Of course any1 would prefer Chivu to Mexes anyday. The former captain of Ajax is not only a talent, but a leader as well. And he does a very good job in defending. That's y I liked him a lot.

Speaking about Mexes, he's not that bad too. Even though he doesn't have the determination of Chivu, he's a good defender in his Auxerre days too. He done reasonably well in the French league, and he doesn't get booked so often as compared to now in Roma. So I would say that Mexes had juz a bad season in the wrong club. And maybe a move to somewhere else would prove his potential.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    Juventus dismiss Totti swoop Wednesday 16 February, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have distanced themselves from reports that they are interested in signing Roma’s Francesco Totti.

The Italian international has been associated by some with a Turin switch but the Delle Alpi outfit insist they don’t want him.

"I don’t see why we need to do extraordinary things on the transfer market," director general Luciano Moggi told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.

"The players we have already have proved themselves to be good enough and the fact that we are top of the League shows that."

The chances of seeing Totti leave the capital for Juventus seem very slim, almost impossible in fact.

Although Fabio Capello, Emerson and Jonathan Zebina made the same move at the start of this season, Totti is unlikely to follow them.

The No 10 is a symbol of the Giallorossi and would find it hard to ‘betray’ the fans by joining their great rivals.

Meanwhile, Moggi was asked to explain the secret behind his club’s success over the last decade.

"The reality is that it is difficult to define the ingredients that make a team good," he added.

"You certainly need professionalism, something that is not missing at this club and a characteristic which we consider as our best weapon."
    Good for both Juve and Totti, as we don't need to waste time going after Totti. And Totti doesn't have to let his fans guess if he will land elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)