Roma handed Tranfer Embargo (4 Viewers)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Francesco Totti has refused to comment on FIFA's transfer ban for AS Roma.

Totti committed himself to a new, long-term Roma contract late last season after being assured of the club's ambitions in the transfer market this summer.

But now Roma are facing another season of hard toil and Totti, arriving back from his honeymoon with new bride Ilary, said: "I don't know anything new about this. I really don't want to talk about it."

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Dear Sir or Madame,

I am writing as a loyal Romanista in simple protest of the sentence that you have handed out to AS Roma regarding the Philippe Mexes transfer violations. Like most fans in the world there is really no way for me to know the true intricacies of the Transfer Market or Football’s political inner workings, but I cannot possibly comprehend nor will I accept that this crime fits the punishment.

With all due respect to Fifa’s governing abilities, after all you oversee and legitimately run this sport that I am truly enamored with, I believe that this is entirely unacceptable judgment and overly harsh punishment. At this moment I would again like to acknowledge that I know not the intricacies of the deal that transpired but I know that both clubs should feel by now that this business is done and over with.

First and foremost let us recap; AS Roma has already been punished for this violation by the 6 week ban imposed on Mr. Mexes this previous season. Secondly AS Roma has been ordered to pay roughly 5.3million Pounds to Auxerre as compensation. One might think, alright fair’s fair. Now in addition, you feel it necessary to ban AS Roma from the Transfer Market until Summer 2006. This is a crippling blow to any club and completely superfluous to the severity of the punishment already imposed on AS Roma.

There is literally little more that can be said on my part to suggest why this sentence needs to be eradicated. The club has been punished. Fines and player bans have been imposed. This is simply too much as the crime does not merit this punishment.

In closing I would like to refer to recent decisions made by another Football governing association, UEFA. Not so long ago UEFA rescinded their own policies to permit title holders Liverpool FC to defend their title this upcoming season despite not qualifying for the competition. The main argument behind the appeal for the rule change was based on sympathy for Liverpool’s dramatic road to the final and incredible triumph. It is easy to see that if the qualification guidelines were to be amended it should have been done so to accommodate the 2006 Champions League and not this one. A precedent had already been set when Real Madrid was awarded by the Spanish FA to defend the Champions League title in place of Real Zaragoza. In other words Liverpool should have been the martyr. But that will not be the case mostly due to the immense sympathy for this underdog story. It is on this level that I make my final appeal to you to rescind the transfer embargo punishment on AS Roma. While the circumstances differ I believe that mercy is in order. Have this club and its supporters not already been punished and suffered enough?

Please rethink your decision and permit AS Roma to freely deal in the transfer market immediately.

Sincerely,

Barnes Benson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)