Roma handed Tranfer Embargo (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Of course, no denying that. But I wonder what would of happened if we were a Juve or Milan...not much I dont think...

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Of course, no denying that. But I wonder what would of happened if we were a Juve or Milan...not much I dont think...
Exactly the same. Its not the FIA thats made this decision, its FIFA. Whilst there may or may not be legitimate grounds for believeing the Italian fed are biased towards Juve/Milan, this is FIFA we're talking about - I don't think they have any such loyalties.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Roma embargo blocks Nonda?
Saturday 2 July, 2005
The transfer embargo on Roma could include the already completed moves for Rodrigo Taddei, Sami Kuffour and Shabani Nonda, while Antonio Cassano is also affected.

The Giallorossi have been banned from signing any players from overseas or within Italy for the next year as a result of their conduct in the capture of Philippe Mexes from Auxerre last season.

The suspension was imposed yesterday, but could yet affect moves that have already been completed, as the new season did not begin until July 1. With this in mind, it is possible that Taddei, Kuffour and Nonda’s contracts were set to begin at the start of this month and therefore fall into the embargo time slot.

Roma are attempting to buy themselves some time to register these players by lodging an appeal to the TAS – Tribunal for Arbitration in Sport – to postpone the ban.

This suspension also has a knock-on effect for players that the club wishes to sell, such as Antonio Cassano and Amantino Mancini.

Juventus were lining up a move for the Italian international and his Brazilian teammate by offering money plus Fabrizio Miccoli and Enzo Maresca, but FIFA’s ruling means that any sales must be in exchange for cash only.

Real Madrid have been alerted to the situation and, seeing their difficulties in capturing Robinho, could turn their attention back towards Cassano with a £17m price-tag.

Roma = fvcked up:D

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
That equals complete rubbish, deals already done, and dusted, contracts signed and players have already been registered, it would be illegal for them to block them, nice try.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
:groan: what do I care, we got talented youth players who'll just come...btw we are still going to win Serie A next season :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)