Rolando Mandragora (5 Viewers)

OP
DutchJuventino
Apr 9, 2015
  • Thread Starter #122
    Interview with Rolando Mandragora, the Azzurrino who marked Pogba out of th
    Born in Naples on 29th June 1997, Rolando Mandragora is the youngest player in Luigi Di Biagio’s U21 squad. He grew up in a football oriented family, his father being manager and sporting director of the Fabio e Paolo Cannavaro academy and two of his cousins futsal players. The new Pescara midfielder made his Serie A debut with Genoa on 29th October 2014, when he was just 17 years old. His opponent? Italian defending champions Juventus. Mandragora’s task was to mark Paul Pogba in midfield, and Genoa won the game 1-0…

Where did you learn play football?
    On the streets, in Scampia, near Naples. My father and my uncle pushed me towards this sport, but without any kind of pressure. My first teams were Ponticelli and Mariano Keller. I left home aged 14 to have trials all over Italy. It seemed like no club wanted to sign me, but then Genoa came and put some faith in me. I had four fantastic years there. I’m in Pescara now and I’ll always give 100% for this shirt.

In recent times, Pescara allowed the footballing world to discover one of the most popular midfielders, both in Italy and worldwide: Marco Verratti…
    Yes, but we’re different players. It would be great though if I could follow in his footsteps …

What kind of player are you?
    I’m a midfielder who loves to be on the ball a lot. I have good technique but I also carry out defensive tasks. My role model would be a player like Thiago Motta. I always try to give 100% for the team.

Who was your idol as a child?

Well, I’m from Naples, you know…Maradona. Therefore I would say Messi, because he reminds me of him a bit.

Even though you’re the youngest in Gigi Di Biagio’s squad, you can already boast a real achievement in your career: You marked Pogba in your Serie A debut!
    We were hosting Juventus. Lots of midfielders were unavailable and coach Gasperini put his trust in me. When I realised that I was about to play against Pogba I got a bit anxious. Fortunately, it all went well, but thanks in no small part to my teammates’ help.

How would you assess the new U21 side?
    It’s a great group! There are lots of individuals with quality, such as Bernardeschi, Cataldi, Romagnoli and Rugani. We’re a very close-knit group.

You’ll take on Slovenia in Reggio Emilia this Tuesday in the first European qualifier to the 2017 EUROs …
    The match against Slovenia will be the first one, but we’ll play it as if it’s the most important game of the season!

Interview from Vivoazzuro 4 sept.

Thiago Motta :D :lol:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Honestly though,Thiago Motta is a fine player albeit a late bloomer.Would be happy if he turns out to be something like him.

Pescara president Sebastiani: "Mandragora? He has great physical characteristics & can play different roles in the midfield." CM

Sebastiani: "Mandragora is close to the style of Motta. Juventus is about to make a major signing. The player has great personality."

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
    Except bernadeschi and romagnoli sounds impossible to get them now. I think beppe/scouting staff should start looking for GKs. I love Gigi, but if we're looking at summer mercato, the new GK ie: Perrin could understudy Gigi for a couple yr.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
    Feb 5, 2015
    Except bernadeschi and romagnoli sounds impossible to get them now. I think beppe/scouting staff should start looking for GKs. I love Gigi, but if we're looking at summer mercato, the new GK ie: Perrin could understudy Gigi for a couple yr.
    It's difficult IMO.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Interview with Rolando Mandragora, the Azzurrino who marked Pogba out of th
    Born in Naples on 29th June 1997, Rolando Mandragora is the youngest player in Luigi Di Biagio’s U21 squad. He grew up in a football oriented family, his father being manager and sporting director of the Fabio e Paolo Cannavaro academy and two of his cousins futsal players. The new Pescara midfielder made his Serie A debut with Genoa on 29th October 2014, when he was just 17 years old. His opponent? Italian defending champions Juventus. Mandragora’s task was to mark Paul Pogba in midfield, and Genoa won the game 1-0…

Where did you learn play football?
    On the streets, in Scampia, near Naples. My father and my uncle pushed me towards this sport, but without any kind of pressure. My first teams were Ponticelli and Mariano Keller. I left home aged 14 to have trials all over Italy. It seemed like no club wanted to sign me, but then Genoa came and put some faith in me. I had four fantastic years there. I’m in Pescara now and I’ll always give 100% for this shirt.

In recent times, Pescara allowed the footballing world to discover one of the most popular midfielders, both in Italy and worldwide: Marco Verratti…
    Yes, but we’re different players. It would be great though if I could follow in his footsteps …

What kind of player are you?
    I’m a midfielder who loves to be on the ball a lot. I have good technique but I also carry out defensive tasks. My role model would be a player like Thiago Motta. I always try to give 100% for the team.

Who was your idol as a child?

Well, I’m from Naples, you know…Maradona. Therefore I would say Messi, because he reminds me of him a bit.

Even though you’re the youngest in Gigi Di Biagio’s squad, you can already boast a real achievement in your career: You marked Pogba in your Serie A debut!
    We were hosting Juventus. Lots of midfielders were unavailable and coach Gasperini put his trust in me. When I realised that I was about to play against Pogba I got a bit anxious. Fortunately, it all went well, but thanks in no small part to my teammates’ help.

How would you assess the new U21 side?
    It’s a great group! There are lots of individuals with quality, such as Bernardeschi, Cataldi, Romagnoli and Rugani. We’re a very close-knit group.

You’ll take on Slovenia in Reggio Emilia this Tuesday in the first European qualifier to the 2017 EUROs …
    The match against Slovenia will be the first one, but we’ll play it as if it’s the most important game of the season!

Interview from Vivoazzuro 4 sept.

Thiago Motta :D :lol:
    I remember the commentator saying we rejected him when he was younger during the Genoa game.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    we could have gotten Bernardeschi because his contract was about to run out in 2016 but he renewed. since Fiorentina wont sel ltheir top italian talent to us, we arent getting him most likely. Romagnoli might be possible, depending on how much sanity is left in Berlusconi and Galliani (enough to not sell Romagnoli still i think)

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Sebastiani: "Mandragora is close to the style of Motta. Juventus is about to make a major signing. The player has great personality."
    Hehe weird coincidence... a Juve poster in XT said how very little impressive things happened in this kids youtube clip, and first thing I replied with was how this kid doesn't seem to be that type of player, more minimalistic play it safe and steady player that reminds me alot of Thiago Motta. Some would say Marchisio too, but Marchisio wasn't like this when younger, plus this kid is towering presence and holding Mid like Motta.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Actually, there were a few of us who were really pushing for this transfer back then. More than you would think.
    Yeah, I'm still insanely disappointed we didn't. Verratti screamed top class talent with Pescara. Immobile was doing the scoring and Insigne dominating force, but it was clear Verratti was the one that passed the eye test instantly. Just screamed genius talent.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Honestly though,Thiago Motta is a fine player albeit a late bloomer.Would be happy if he turns out to be something like him.

Pescara president Sebastiani: "Mandragora? He has great physical characteristics & can play different roles in the midfield." CM

:tup:

Thiago Motta is an absolute cunt of a human being, but was of course a very strong midfielder. Would love if he turns out to be as good as he is/was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)