Rolando Mandragora (2 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Like the last thing we needed was yet another DM...

"Mediocre"

You dont even $#@!ing now him

How "mediocre" were pirlo and marchiso ?

Italian cm's right ?
Well do you?
I do not know him,as noone else does, and if this doesnt says you smth, here is another thing;
he is a substitute for Genoa, which ranks 17/20 and he is not even good enough to be in their squad, as he is loaned to a serie B team and even there he is not a starter...

The only reason we are interested on him is because he has a U21 NT cap, thats the only reason we are always interest on such young and unknown talents, we dont discover them, or make them, we are trying to get them when they have NT caps. CM esp defensive orientated ones come in abundance in serie A, ts not like we will ever come sort of them, its not like they are rare, like LBs or quickly become super expensive as prolific finishers, its not like we dont already own a Sturaro, Maronne and Lemina and we will run sort of such a player in the next decade. Its not like we have so much money and every starter issue solved that we wont mind those 10mil, its not like we make profits from talents like Porto and Palermo do with us.
He is most likely never play with us, will be loaned to death and lost for a right to buy of 2mil... like an army of youngsters before him.
Thats not whats worse though, nor the fact that Marotta is likely to get a good cut from the deal,
but the fact that we will need those 10mil when we will try to get that Oscar/Gundogan/Isco etc and we will fall sort of that cash and the next Padoin Marotta will get, until Mandragora becomes of age...

Rolando might, or might never become relevant in the far future, but we are surely going to suffer from the bleeding of allocated cash in these countless deals, right in the next transfer window!

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
If there is anything I trust its that Beppe and his team know what they are doing when it comes to young Italians.
If he's willing to pay 10m then I'm expecting a really good and promising player here.
Why? his record is actually good with foreigners like Pogba, Koman and morata rather than italians. Unless you count zaza as a brilliant deal.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
No Klin, you are the only one lazy enough to just check whoscored.

Well...you and rakib
I didn't even know what whoscored was until you mentioned it the other day because you said you checked Gundogan's stats and some random articles and now he's the best thing since sliced bread for you.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
If he's anything like Khedira bring him in! We're weak in the midfield. Kwadwo and Khedira are injured more often than not, and Sturaro is the only defensive minded midfielder we have other than Cheesio ( not counting padoin, he can everywhere). Hopefully he'll be able to hit the ground running Pogba style.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You know.................

@Cronios has a point.

Let's face it. 10 million is a lot for an 18 year old midfielder who quite honestly, hasn't shown a lot in the big leagues. Is he really that much better than what we may have down in the Primavera ranks?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

@Cronios has a point.

Let's face it. 10 million is a lot for an 18 year old midfielder who quite honestly, hasn't shown a lot in the big leagues. Is he really that much better than what we may have down in the Primavera ranks?
Yeah, but no one knows shit about him, so I guess trusting Paratici & the guys is better than anything we've got. They've done quite a good job in the past as well, Sturaro was a pretty similar deal for example, and he's turned out quite good for 10 million.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, but no one knows shit about him, so I guess trusting Paratici & the guys is better than anything we've got. They've done quite a good job in the past as well, Sturaro was a pretty similar deal for example, and he's turned out quite good for 10 million.
But Sturaro was also a semi-regular player for Genoa at the time, and several years older.

This kid had a handful of matches in Genoa, and then got loaned out to a Serie B club. There are some differences here. I do trust the board to do the right thing, but I can also understand why some people would say

"10 million? For him?"

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

@Cronios has a point.

10 mil may sound like a lot, but if the kid slips in smoothly like Sturaro has, would the cost still matter? We're thin in midfield and the tougher half if the season is coming around pretty fast.

Hopefully he'll pull a sturaro in Bayern then we knock em out just like madrid

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
But Sturaro was also a semi-regular player for Genoa at the time, and several years older.

This kid had a handful of matches in Genoa, and then got loaned out to a Serie B club. There are some differences here. I do trust the board to do the right thing, but I can also understand why some people would say

"10 million? For him?"
10mln are the new 4mln these days.

Italy, all your talents belong to us. :D

Plus like many here have said Italians are less likely to leave us for some retarted EPL team throwing money at them.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
10 mil may sound like a lot, but if the kid slips in smoothly like Sturaro has, would the cost still matter? We're thin in midfield and the tougher half if the season is coming around pretty fast.

Hopefully he'll pull a sturaro in Bayern then we knock em out just like madrid
You are asking an 18 year old to be a vice-marchisio, when he has spent most of the season in Serie B. I just don't know if there is anything special about him that would justify a cost like this. The only reason why we are thin in midfield is because of injuries, not quality. Unless Khedira, Lemina, and Asamoah are all out long term, where would this kid end up playing?

I could understand if it were an issue of quality, then yes, this would make more sense.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
You are asking an 18 year old to be a vice-marchisio, when he has spent most of the season in Serie B. I just don't know if there is anything special about him that would justify a cost like this. The only reason why we are thin in midfield is because of injuries, not quality. Unless Khedira, Lemina, and Asamoah are all out long term, where would this kid end up playing?

I could understand if it were an issue of quality, then yes, this would make more sense.
The only two reason I'm in favor of this deal is because of how we've previously handled young midfielders, you don't have to look no futher than Pogs and Sturaro (verdict has yet to be called out on Lemima).

Second reason, is because we are thin in the midfield, I agree with you, it's not due to quality that's for sure! But because 2 of our better midfielders consistently get ruled out, we need a reliable back up and if this back up can become an integral part of the squad even better!

Where would the kid be playing if/after Kwadwo and Khedira were to be 100% fit, he'd sit his ass on the bench and prove himself, simple as that. Same deal with Lemima.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

"10 million? For him?"
It is absolutely justified, I give you that.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
No point in discussing it all over again. If there's anyone to be trusted when it comes to youngsters then it's Paratici for me (and Marotta). The Sturaro transfer was quite similar to this one yet it paid off very quickly (to shut many mouths off, including mine). With this kid it will take more time that's for sure but if you don't bet you don't win anything.

We definitely need more Italians in our team because it makes the squad more stable. If there's a gem you don't wait, we can't afford to IMO.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No point in discussing it all over again. If there's anyone to be trusted when it comes to youngsters then it's Paratici for me (and Marotta). The Sturaro transfer was quite similar to this one yet it paid off very quickly (to shut many mouths off, including mine). With this kid it will take more time that's for sure but if you don't bet you don't win anything.

We definitely need more Italians in our team because it makes the squad more stable. If there's a gem you don't wait, we can't afford to IMO.
:tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Bit knee Jerk reactions and doubts for a player we haven't seen. Who here actually think they would just throw away 10m on an 18 year old unless they rated him high? Their signings and scouting for young players have worked out well so far.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

Well, I think everybody should just shut up and wait to see what happens. It's not like anybody here has any real info on this kid.

If we do buy him just hope it will be the right move.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If we had offered 5 million for verratti back in the day, like media said, people were rampaging that it should be spend elsewhere

We have quite a good record on youth signings as of late. Lets put some faith in it

Waste your bandwith with thinking about how easy or cheap the player can leave juve, "cause marotta cant sell"

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't even know what whoscored was until you mentioned it the other day because you said you checked Gundogan's stats and some random articles and now he's the best thing since sliced bread for you.
Nice. Moving on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)