Rodrigo de Paul - Midfielder - Atletico Madrid (7 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Dzeko is 34. Why would we sign him at this point? I thought we were supposed to make this team younger.
We are: Arthur, Kulu already young guns. Rumors of Dest (20), Pellegrini (20), Demiral, MDL & Bentancur in early 20s, Rabiot (24). and we are selling Matuidi, Pjanic, Khedira, Higuain mostly all 30+.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Isn't that how we always play? Lopsided 4-3-3 with Ronaldo in a free role. Dzeko can partner either of the 2 and be a super sub
I wasn't questioning you but rather wondering if Pirlo is gonna field that. :boh:

I'm actually not a fan of Ronaldo - Dybala partnership. Dzeko would be a brilliant partner to either of those two, though. I always loved Dzeko. Ever since his days in Germany. But imo it's too late to sign him now UNLESS he doesn't mind sitting on the bench 70% of the time.

Let's say Dzeko replaces Ronaldo occasionally. Who'd replace Dybala? I have no idea whether we'll keep Costa & Berna but neither is ideal for such role (although I'd prefer Costa).

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I wasn't questioning you but rather wondering if Pirlo is gonna field that. :boh:

I'm actually not a fan of Ronaldo - Dybala partnership. Dzeko would be a brilliant partner to either of those two, though. I always loved Dzeko. Ever since his days in Germany. But imo it's too late to sign him now UNLESS he doesn't mind sitting on the bench 70% of the time.

Let's say Dzeko replaces Ronaldo occasionally. Who'd replace Dybala? I have no idea whether we'll keep Costa & Berna but neither is ideal for such role (although I'd prefer Costa).
I'm no fan of 2 striker formations in general, my preference was Dybala up top (now its Ronaldo after we signed him) with 2 wingers, 3 mids and 4 at the back. But since we can't bench either Ronaldo or Dybala and we have no further striker options, we need another one after Higgy is gone. Then there is Kulusevski and hopefully another wing/AM/SS type of player (Zaniolo? Chiesa? Aouar?) who should give us further rotation options.

Dzeko would play less than in Roma obviously, would get a lot of cameos off the bench and start when one of the 2 (or both) are rested. His characteristics are exactly what we should look for in a backup CF and I honestly see no better short term solution in terms of quality/cost with the exception of Cavani who for whatever reason we won't even consider apparently. And I say short term with us buying Haaland as the ultimate goal in mind

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm no fan of 2 striker formations in general, my preference was Dybala up top (now its Ronaldo after we signed him) with 2 wingers, 3 mids and 4 at the back. But since we can't bench either Ronaldo or Dybala and we have no further striker options, we need another one after Higgy is gone. Then there is Kulusevski and hopefully another wing/AM/SS type of player (Zaniolo? Chiesa? Aouar?) who should give us further rotation options.

Dzeko would play less than in Roma obviously, would get a lot of cameos off the bench and start when one of the 2 (or both) are rested. His characteristics are exactly what we should look for in a backup CF and I honestly see no better short term solution in terms of quality/cost with the exception of Cavani who for whatever reason we won't even consider apparently. And I say short term with us buying Haaland as the ultimate goal in mind
Oh yeah, totally forgot about Kulusevski. He makes me excited that we signed him, unlike de Paul links.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I'm telling you guys. Our best bet right now financially under the COVID circumstances, is to do the majority of our shopping in Italy. Better prices and greater ability to use our players for trades.

Our best deals are going to be found in the league.
A good chunk of the league tends to duplicate or triplicate the price of anything for Juve (Lazio, Napoli, Inter, Fiorentina, etc).

Gotta do business with old friends (Atalanta, Udinese, Sassuolo). I like the De Paul profile. Never seen him play, though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)