Rodrigo Bentancur (18 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Maybe I am an idealist, I'd get rid of Rabiot, Ramsey and Bentancur, but it's true that he seems least likely because of the combination of his use, age, contract/transfer situation and ability on a good day. Alongside perhaps Locatelli and a top playmaking midfielder or goalscoring #8 he could be the third wheel, somewhere between the two, but I don't see him becoming real quality.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Maybe I am an idealist, I'd get rid of Rabiot, Ramsey and Bentancur, but it's true that he seems least likely because of the combination of his use, age, contract/transfer situation and ability on a good day. Alongside perhaps Locatelli and a top playmaking midfielder or goalscoring #8 he could be the third wheel, somewhere between the two, but I don't see him becoming real quality.
He'd probably be the best as a hardworking RCM/B2B in 3 man midfield:

Aouar - Locatelli - Bentancur

His direct competitor in the current squad would be McKennie I guess.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
A position in which he gives you heart attacks each time he passes the ball.
D, I see your point but didn't seem to be that way early on with Juve. And with me I get heart attacks now where he goes in for a tackle hoping not to see a red card. If Bent can perform like Sami did for Juve we'll both be extremely happy. If he starts Sunday, probably biggest game of his career. :xfingers:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Only say it like I see it. Probably watched all Juve matches at the end of Sami's and not too many in his early Juve days at his best. Him and Blaise's play I appreciate much more now after this year's midfield play. :vidal:
Not saying 2017 Sami or 2018 Blaise aren't better mids than the current ones, but when I imagine them in Pirlo's system, it's still horrific :D

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
with sales, we should think about price and replacement. ramsey is so useless that we shouldn't even have to think about a direct replacement. i'd give his minutes to fagioli. having locatelli instead of rabiot with some tolerable investment looks good to me. but bentancur? i don't think there's a realistic scenario for replacing bentancur with a similarly priced, better player, especially not with the boca clause still in effect. could you give me names?

in an ideal world we would have never signed any of our current midfielders, and we'd get rid of arthur's immense amortization first.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Anyone still wants to mention him in his team for next season?
Hey dude, Bent was the mid creator today and failed miserably no doubt. He's not that and was active at start of match coming back with good defending. Since most of the posters here say the shit Juve players would do better with a better coach, why not Bent if he is a RCM/B2B like LiquidPLP suggested. Plenty of more expensive shit that should go first

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Hey dude, Bent was the mid creator today and failed miserably no doubt. He's not that and was active at start of match coming back with good defending. Since most of the posters here say the shit Juve players would do better with a better coach, why not Bent if he is a RCM/B2B like LiquidPLP suggested. Plenty of more expensive shit that should go first
They're right but let's be real and call a spade a spade. The team lacks basic qualities and Bentancur is NOT a juve quality player. His Juve career should end after this horror show. He can't be a mezz'ala either, he literally has no goal threat at all, no passing abilities besides sideways... He's probably staying because he's cheap, but that's it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)