Rodrigo Bentancur (21 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...But I don't agree with tackling and power at all. I think it's Bentancur biggest strength, he is an amazing tackler already.
stats don't lie in this case, benta is way behind vidal. our tactics doesn't help him too much as we rely more on possession compared to the conte years, still, vidal had multiple seasons over 5 tackles per games iirc, while bentancur is nearing 2 this season. no contest here.

Jun 16, 2020
Imagine the ammount of headache we had if we didnt had Bentancur. He came from far, he didnt impressed in his first year, to show some nice signals in his second (mostly in his passing abilities) to being the most important player on our midfield. He is great in pressing and winning the ball, fast and fysically strong, and he can put a lot of feeling in especially long balls.

I think tho that we are a bit at crossroads. We have to decide wether to develop him in a B2B player, obviously with the lack of a end product as he’s naturally not a attacking minded player, but with the profits of having his pressing skills and win the ball higher up the pitch, something that Sarri without a doubt rates. The other option would be to develop him in a regista, replacing the failing pianist. Obviously providing more defensive cover to the team and we can profit more of his ability to make a long pass as he did to Dybala vs Inter.

I would try to switch Pjanic and Bentancur for a few games. Lets see how that works. Pjanic had almost 20 goals/assists in his last season with Roma and as far as I remember he didnt played as a regista.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
stats don't lie in this case, benta is way behind vidal. our tactics doesn't help him too much as we rely more on possession compared to the conte years, still, vidal had multiple seasons over 5 tackles per games iirc, while bentancur is nearing 2 this season. no contest here.
5 tackles is crazy, Vidal was a beast. But yeah, we play different football, in a different formation with a different coach etc. Like Rodrigo is being dribbled buy far less than Arturo according to stats, but that's again because of the context. Don't get me wrong, Vidal is much better as a package, but I do believe there is a possibility of Bentancur becoming a WC midfield commander.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Davids and Vidal :touched: :heart:

What we can agree on is that we must build around Bentancur - he's the cornerstone of that midfield. Surround him with better players FFS! It's that simple.

Defense - build around De Ligt and Demiral

Midfield - build around Bentancur

Attack - build around Dybala

That's your foundation right there.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

What we can agree on is that we must build around Bentancur - he's the cornerstone of that midfield. Surround him with better players FFS! It's that simple.

Ok now what if....hear me out here....what if instead.....we sold them all and brought in some 30 years olds on €7M a season?

:fab2:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Agreed he isn't as mediocre as i initially thought ( :snoop: ), but is he build-a-juventus-mid-around-him good?

Well, let's hope so.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Agreed he isn't as mediocre as i initially thought ( :snoop: ), but is he build-a-juventus-mid-around-him good?

Well, let's hope so.
When you have Pussyfag Fagiot, Blaised and Confused, A Benign (Barca Bound) Bosnian, an injured ageing Kebab Meister, The Welsh Mr. Glass, then yes, you build around him.

Bentancur, Aouar, and Zaniolo :boh:

We don't have a Pogba or Vidal anymore :sigh: :sad:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Sorry. Me no likey. You question Dybala's attitude but Isco epitomizes the term mental midget Bro. :D

Pellegrini shouldn't be a starter - at best, a bench option at a club like Juventus. Let's not repeat past mistakes and settle for less.

I raise you

Tonali Bentancur

Aouar

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Sorry. Me no likey. You question Dybala's attitude but Isco epitomizes the term mental midget Bro. :D

Pellegrini shouldn't be a starter - at best, a bench option at a club like Juventus. Let's not repeat past mistakes and settle for less.

I raise you

Tonali Bentancur

Aouar
Lol and aouar proved what exactly? Mental midget who has been at the most scrutinized club in the world for 7 years. But nevermind that, just answer me this simple question where does your wonderboy dybala fit in this team?

Apr 17, 2013
Isco with his natural talent should be a starter at Real, however he isn't. The problem is not technically but mentally like many talented players he doesn't do the maximum to exploit his potential, isn't ronaldo who wants.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

I would add AS, Woz and wait to see how Kulu turns out. Other than that, yep, I wouldn't bother if the rest aren't here in a couple of seasons (considerin' I believe CR7 is human, maybe he's a cyborg and can keep his form till 40+)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017

I raise you
Tonali Bentancur

Aouar
If you don want to settle for less then why dont you ask for De Bruyne, he is the most complete midfielder at the moment.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If you don want to settle for less then why dont you ask for De Bruyne, he is the most complete midfielder at the moment.
Come on Bro. Be realistic. KDB is beyond our means.

I meant target available players (Pogba aside) who would actually improve this team - no more stopgaps and quick fixes.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol and aouar proved what exactly? Mental midget who has been at the most scrutinized club in the world for 7 years. But nevermind that, just answer me this simple question where does your wonderboy dybala fit in this team?
Aouar is still young and possesses tons of potential. He has experience of playing big games in both Ligue 1 and the CL.

Isco has had some decent games, but he's incredibly inconsistent, and I just don't see him as someone capable of shouldering the responsibility. He strikes me as a player who lacks mental fortitude. He could be a luxury signing, but not a player we should build around. He's also 28 years old, so should we bring him in and should he fail, we're stuck with an overpaid under performing player with no resale value in 2 years.

Dybala can operate in a front two as a support striker, or as a false nine. Dybala is the least of our problems. I love the dude, but I am not without reason. If you bring in someone like Mbappe to replace him, then sure. It doesn't have to be like for like, but you could also include him in a deal for Pogba + cash to buy someone else too.

However, sacrificing him for the likes of Luolcacku (was about to happen) or to bring in someone like Fagjinho would be beyond retarded. He is our most important and marketable player after CR7.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)