Rodrigo Bentancur (28 Viewers)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Play: Rabiot - Pjanic - Bentancur, and no one will complain ever.
Tbh, I am very optimistic about this midfield and always was. There are no glaring weaknesses as far as I can see. It doesn't mean it can't be improved, of course, but there are not that many players who will guarantee improvement.

Shit, but selling Pjanic, moving Rodrigo into DM position, and Pogba as LCM/RCM makes my blood run faster, not going to lie.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Tbh, I am very optimistic about this midfield and always was. There are no glaring weaknesses as far as I can see. It doesn't mean it can't be improved, of course, but there are not that many players who will guarantee improvement.

Shit, but selling Pjanic, moving Rodrigo into DM position, and Pogba as LCM/RCM makes my blood run faster, not going to lie.
Maybe that is what paratici has in mind for the summer mercato

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Play: Rabiot - Pjanic - Bentancur, and no one will complain ever.
It is a good midfield, but I still dont see us getting many goals from midfield. Rabiot and Bentancur are very similar in terms of ability. Very complete midfielders but they both lack the ability to get into the box and score goals. Ideally I would put Bentancur as the DM/ regista, Rabiot as one of the btb and Pjanic or Ramsey as the other. Both Pjanic and an in form Ramsey, would offer some creativity further up the pitch and get 10+ goals a season. If Pjanic dont have the legs to play as a btb mid, I wouldn’t mind terrible if we cashed in on him this summer, if it meant getting a WC btb mid.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
It is a good midfield, but I still dont see us getting many goals from midfield. Rabiot and Bentancur are very similar in terms of ability. Very complete midfielders but they both lack the ability to get into the box and score goals. Ideally I would put Bentancur as the DM/ regista, Rabiot as one of the btb and Pjanic or Ramsey as the other. Both Pjanic and an in form Ramsey, would offer some creativity further up the pitch and get 10+ goals a season. If Pjanic dont have the legs to play as a btb mid, I wouldn’t mind terrible if we cashed in on him this summer, if it meant getting a WC btb mid.
Perhaps we could play something like this:

Ronaldo - Dybala
Pjanic
Rabiot - Bentancur - Ramsey​

1. Pjanic can play the luxury role of trequartista, which does not require as much defensive effort. This is the same role he played in his final season at Roma.
2. Ramsey and Rabiot both have the legs to play B2B midfielders. In the likely event Ramsey gets injured, we could try Berna in that role.
3. Rodrigo plays as regista which in my opinion is his best position. He is strong defensively, a tidy passer, and can carry the ball forward.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
He’s a breeze of fresh air in our midfield, and Rabiot is definitely getting there and suddenly our midfield is not depressing again. I hope these two will make it easier for Pjanic to discover his early season form, and I hope Sarri uses Ramsey as a b2b and forget about this AM thing it’s not working

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Perhaps we could play something like this:

Ronaldo - Dybala
Pjanic
Rabiot - Bentancur - Ramsey​

1. Pjanic can play the luxury role of trequartista, which does not require as much defensive effort. This is the same role he played in his final season at Roma.
2. Ramsey and Rabiot both have the legs to play B2B midfielders. In the likely event Ramsey gets injured, we could try Berna in that role.
3. Rodrigo plays as regista which in my opinion is his best position. He is strong defensively, a tidy passer, and can carry the ball forward.
Considering Costa’s injury problems that might be the best formation this year.

However I would rather play a 4-3-3 with one of Dybala/Ronaldo as an inside forward, the other as the forward and a real winger, who can work both ways on the other wing. I feel the 4-3-3 gives us more options when attacking and gives us a better defensive shape, when pressing and defending deep. I also feel like we are missing a player with some speed and the ability to go past his man in your formation.

If Costa can stay fit we are golden, otherwise we should get a player like Chiesa or someone similar.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Considering Costa’s injury problems that might be the best formation this year.

However I would rather play a 4-3-3 with one of Dybala/Ronaldo as an inside forward, the other as the forward and a real winger, who can work both ways on the other wing. I feel the 4-3-3 gives us more options when attacking and gives us a better defensive shape, when pressing and defending deep. I also feel like we are missing a player with some speed and the ability to go past his man in your formation.

If Costa can stay fit we are golden, otherwise we should get a player like Chiesa or someone similar.
Yup.

433 with the 3 of cr, pipa and dyb upfront is the way to go. Costa ready to come in or start depending on schedule

On midfield, gimme any combination of rabiot betan berna ramsey pjanic depending on form

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
starting RCM now. i know some want him to play regista but i dont agree. he is our best B2B player he HAS to be RCM.

anything else is nonsense and i wont hear it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)