Rodrigo Bentancur (27 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah let’s hold the 20 year old to the same standard as the 31 year old.
Yeah Bentancur played 51 games in Champions League like BonBon. We didnt mind Bonucci make mistakes for 3-4 years because he hoped he would one day not make such mistakes. Bentancur on the other hand just keeps getting better. It will be hard to bench him if he keeps this up.

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He was playing great and once he got tired he was our worst player by far... as simple as that, didn't cost us the win by miracle after sczczczezznick header

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Pjanic and Bentancurs also lost balls like that. Just because Pogba pulled an incredible shot on Bentancurs missed touch, doesn't mean that his mistake was worse than other similar mistakes. That's a retarded way of thinking.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Play him more..he needs more experience amd time to develop. Pogba was no different when he first joined juve...did some great stuff and got unstuck at times but once he became a starter he really brought his game to the next level. Pjanic and matuidi are givens as starters but that third midfielder still has a question mark over it. Khedira may get it due to black mailing allegri with photos but bentancur can make it his own.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Poor first 60 mins or so. Stepped up later in the game but not great overall. Surprised he started given how tired he looked at the end vs Man Utd.

As bad as his distribution was at times, he was one of the few winning the ball back.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He seems to have zero courage to have any dynamism going forward...whether its trying consistently some forward passing/through-balls or taking the risk and carrying the ball forward to help build the attack. I'm all for playing it smart, don't get me wrong, that seems to be his thing...but come on, your young enough to take risks to help you grow.

Maybe I'm not seeing it? Am I missing these instances in games from him? Its one thing to miss simple passes like he did yesterday which he should sort out but its another thing to miss them when trying to open up a defense for your attack with a killer pass (i.e. Bonucci). You never know unless you try.

- - - Updated - - -

(he did make some nice Marchisio-esque runs in the box over the last 2 games but I'm talking more about taking risks in longer forward passing)

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta work on those long shots tho :D

Apr 19, 2007
He seems to have zero courage to have any dynamism going forward...whether its trying consistently some forward passing/through-balls or taking the risk and carrying the ball forward to help build the attack. I'm all for playing it smart, don't get me wrong, that seems to be his thing...but come on, your young enough to take risks to help you grow.

Maybe I'm not seeing it? Am I missing these instances in games from him? Its one thing to miss simple passes like he did yesterday which he should sort out but its another thing to miss them when trying to open up a defense for your attack with a killer pass (i.e. Bonucci). You never know unless you try.

- - - Updated - - -

(he did make some nice Marchisio-esque runs in the box over the last 2 games but I'm talking more about taking risks in longer forward passing)

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta work on those long shots tho :D
I see the opposite. Hes 21 so why go out there and try to go all out from the beginning? Max wants him to slowly build confidence and get comfortable. You dont do that by trying risky things and failing. You do that by slowly growing your role. By the end of the season he will be a big player for us driving forward and being a physical prescence but for now let him feel out playing for a top team in the world

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I see the opposite. Hes 21 so why go out there and try to go all out from the beginning? Max wants him to slowly build confidence and get comfortable. You dont do that by trying risky things and failing. You do that by slowly growing your role. By the end of the season he will be a big player for us driving forward and being a physical prescence but for now let him feel out playing for a top team in the world
Disagree about going slowly. Max said a couple weeks ago he needs to take more risks and now I’m seeing it too.

I agree by seasons end we will see a big difference. His confidence will grow

I’m sure a young pirlo took risks and failed. That’s how you grow IMO

Apr 19, 2007
Disagree about going slowly. Max said a couple weeks ago he needs to take more risks and now I’m seeing it too.

I agree by seasons end we will see a big difference. His confidence will grow

I’m sure a young pirlo took risks and failed. That’s how you grow IMO
You are right but also thats why he had to be loaned out and eventually was sold and moved positions before being great. I dont think saying dont take risks in October of your first time as a consistant starter is taking it slow in a career standpoint. Just slowly grow your role in the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)