Rodrigo Bentancur (14 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Was on the field 20mins and gave us a match winning opportunity out of nothing but unfortunately Higgy choked. Insane pass.

If he could shoot from long distance he would remind me of gerrard.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Should not play as axis though. He can push forward nicely, but seems to have no eye for positioning.
Allegri should play him like a pogba, not like a pirlo.
He is 20 he can learn discipline and positiong. The decision to play him as playmaker is correct. His eye for a pass, his composure and control on the ball is too good to ignore.

When was the last time a 20 y/o started for Juventus in a crucial Champions League game? That he wasn't already given to Sassuolo with a buyback clause should tell you something about how highly rated he is around here.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
He was constantly looking to get the ball, take responsibility and play football. Something none of our current midfielders does. Our best midfielder at the moment. He should start against Napoli with Khedira.

He made some silly mistakes, lost some very easy balls, but it was easy to see that he was super eager to impress in the few minutes he got and tried a lot of things. That didnt happen in the few games he started in the same way.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He is 20 he can learn discipline and positiong. The decision to play him as playmaker is correct. His eye for a pass, his composure and control on the ball is too good to ignore.

When was the last time a 20 y/o started for Juventus in a crucial Champions League game? That he wasn't already given to Sassuolo with a buyback clause should tell you something about how highly rated he is around here.
Juventus is no place to learn, you either play or go to Empoli. I agree that he seems way more ready to be a box to box, guy is gritty enough to hold his own. Regista is probably the most important position in a 433, it's no place for a 20yo

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Should not play as axis though. He can push forward nicely, but seems to have no eye for positioning.
Allegri should play him like a pogba, not like a pirlo.
I feel like he doesn’t have enough end product (yet) to play an advanced role like Pogba. He doesn’t score or assist enough. His best position is somewhere between a CM and a DM.

We should buy a proper defensive midfielder like Fabinho or N’Zonzi and play like this:

Pjanic
Fabinho - Bentancur​

We will be golden

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
It is a bit early to say if he assists or scores enough or not. I get that he has not done that at Boca neither, but he is young and has been developing his game different areas. From what we HAVE seen, he has shown drive, intelligence, passing and creation skills, physicality and ball-winning capabilities. Many of those things we saw from Vidal and Pogba (although not near them (yet)). When he has played (although a very small sample), he has been the dude from midfield connecting defence and attack the best and I wouldnt be surprised to see him start getting assists and goals on this team!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Juventus is no place to learn, you either play or go to Empoli. I agree that he seems way more ready to be a box to box, guy is gritty enough to hold his own. Regista is probably the most important position in a 433, it's no place for a 20yo
That's dumb. Plenty of the best players we have had over the past few years were not the finished article when we initially signed them.

Of course they can still learn and develop here, and that is especially important considering we can't really afford to sign established world class talents.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
That's dumb. Plenty of the best players we have had over the past few years were not the finished article when we initially signed them.

Of course they can still learn and develop here, and that is especially important considering we can't really afford to sign established world class talents.
I agree, I'm just saying regista is not a position suited for that, team suffers much more if a guy at the center of everything makes questionable decisions

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)