Rodrigo Bentancur (85 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
He’s drowning in these tactics. Don’t want to compliment him but feels like he has to do the work of 2 CM’s.
This 100% , he is like the only "real" midfilder , Ramsey and Rabiot are playing some strange positions , Ramsey plays like AMF/LM hybrid and doesn't add shit , Rabiot plays like LW also he doesn't add shit .

Benta always plays better when he has someone like McKeine , we have to play with 3 midfilders , Pirlo should stop experimenting it's fucking annoying and isn't working .

You can blame Betna all you want , but the shitty tactics are main problem .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He is never going to be an offensive player. The best way to use him is to be the ball winner in a Busquets type role. Had a very good pass to open them up for Chiesa's chance but we need at least one of Arthur/Bentancur/Rabiot to offer some sort of goal threat. Unfortunately none of them look capable of it. Meanwhile, both Inter's goals came from centre-mids.
I don't even see him as a Busquets either. Bentancur isn't that great at winning balls or reading passes. I mean really this guy is just a water carrier type of player, keeping possession and giving the ball to better players (like Mckennie :seven: ).

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Really needs to go.

We only have a handful of players we should sell to fund better moves: Bentancur, Bernie and if the club can't find a way to use Dybala then we have more than enough to buy better midfielders.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Really needs to go.

We only have a handful of players we should sell to fund better moves: Bentancur, Bernie and if the club can't find a way to use Dybala then we have more than enough to buy better midfielders.
Not before Rabiot and Ramsey. I wouldnt sell him, but as Ive stated multiple times he can only be a backup here. If hes your main guy in the middle, well then you are fucked. Its a matter of character, which he is lacking and concentration. He has good skills, but at this level we need more complete mid.

- - - Updated - - -

Arhur seems like another dud. We have piled up a lot of mediocrity in recent years.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Rabiot and Arthur at least have a lot of talent. They don't have the best attitude, and they are inconsistent, but its clear why there is the belief that they can be better?

What is Bentancur's set of talent that make him stand out? He is not good enough to be an important player at Juve, never showed he could be either.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
This guy doesn't excel in any facet of the game, he's bang average. His thinking is slow, and he doesn't recognise space or how to close down passing lines when defending. He's always 1-2 seconds late. And like what's been mentioned above, he just never really does anything with the ball, he'll just hand it back to better players (some times even fucks up 5m passes).

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Im on the fence...I know he can play better than he is...right now no midfieldets can be held 100 percent responsible for their form. The tactics are raping every single one of them...mckennie is somehow managing to shine which makes me wonder how good he can be under a better tactical system.

Nonetheless..lets sell bentancur...rabiot and ramsey....even Arthur...who do we bring in??? The club has been absolutely dismal in the transfer market when it comes to midfielders.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Im on the fence...I know he can play better than he is...right now no midfieldets can be held 100 percent responsible for their form. The tactics are raping every single one of them...mckennie is somehow managing to shine which makes me wonder how good he can be under a better tactical system.

Nonetheless..lets sell bentancur...rabiot and ramsey....even Arthur...who do we bring in??? The club has been absolutely dismal in the transfer market when it comes to midfielders.
if you’re asking for a dream mercato that’s also within the realms of reality? Locatelli and Camavinga.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I'd like to ask for a dream mercato but know it won't happen. My point was that right now there are many players underperofming and struggling under pirlo...people asking for bentancurs head should be asking for many others as well.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Bentancur is a talented player with low football IQ, just like Rabiot and Ramsey. He lacks timing in challenges, passes and positioning. Without a proper system and razor sharp instructions he´s a fish out of water.

Ironically enough I think that´s why he was better under Sarri last year, cause like it or not Sarri gave him exact patterns to follow. This midfield isn´t smart enough to play in a hybrid and make adjustments on their own, they need an autocratic coach with a clear system.

KDB, Kimmich etch are high IQ players who can think the game on their own and fit in a hybrid system. These Juve players are the exact opposite, and Pirlo is the worst kind of coach for them.
Agree...

As a player pirlo played under some of the great manages...lotti...lippi....manages who had specific systems...his IQ on the field was brilliant...and others around him were as well...I just can't understand why pirlo wouldn't follow the same approach. Is it just a capability issue at this stage?

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
He can still be a good squad player for us, as he has mostly been since he arrived. Some of his performances under Sarri were excellent, and he is young and professional enough to develop his game. Rabiot on the other hand...

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
Arhur seems like another dud. We have piled up a lot of mediocrity in recent years.
absolutely this ^

FFS get us ONE top level midfielder. We went from a world class midfield Vidal/Pogba/Pirlo/Marchisio and replaced evey single one of them with pure mediocrity.

We buy cheap prospects and hope they become another pogba or vidal, but so far it just didn't happen.
McKennie is the only one I have actually high hopes right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)