Rock, in all shapes and sizes (9 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011

this band lost their guitartist and main songwriter, still, they came up with some brilliant songs. riverside must be poland's best band, by a country mile, right? @piotrr @radekas
I have no idea what that band is but hearing those songs it's just not my thing. :p
Guess they might be more popular outside of Poland than in Poland itself.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Just started listening to Atlas Underground from Tom Morello, it's a fun album for sure, features one of the strongest guest lists I've ever seen. Downsides are him and Gary Clark Jr not doing more on their track, expected a bit more from two great guitarists and the over usage of dubsteppy crap.

Last edited:
OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #824

this band lost their guitartist and main songwriter, still, they came up with some brilliant songs. riverside must be poland's best band, by a country mile, right? @piotrr @radekas
    I used to like Riverside but gave up after Anno Domini High Definition. The whole prog metal scene was interesting in the late 90's and early to mid 00's but I got saturated by it.

Steve Wilson/Porcupine Tree and maybe Anekdoten and a couple of others are the few I still get excited about regarding new releases.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Greta Van Fleet released their debut album today. Pretty disappointed with the direction their vocalist has gone, sounds like something between Robert Plant and a farm animal. His upper range is amazing, but man he literally can't sing anything that's not screaming his lungs off, makes them very one sided which is a shame because the riffs are great. Also wondering how long can that upper range be sustained before he goes down the Jon Bon Jovi route.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    I used to like Riverside but gave up after Anno Domini High Definition. The whole prog metal scene was interesting in the late 90's and early to mid 00's but I got saturated by it.

Steve Wilson/Porcupine Tree and maybe Anekdoten and a couple of others are the few I still get excited about regarding new releases.
    it's not metal anymore, at least not the kind of prog metal you probably got bored with. btw i feel the same: i listened to dream theater and its clones for a decade before it got completely repetitive and meaningless with all those odd time signatures and endless solos.

btw i also ignored riverside's last couple of records. rapid eye movement was the last one i really liked. but this new one is tits.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #828
    @CrimsonianKing how do you like it? imo it completely fits wilson's current style, it's a pass from me, i dig it.

I like this new direction he took. As I said above I’m saturated by prog metal so cleaner tones and a more pop approach works for me.

Btw he’s playing here in a month, I’m taking the missus. I made her a fan :D

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #830
    Tomorrow I'll go to see Noel Gallagher :green:.
    Have fun! I’m not the biggest Oasis fan but Noel always seemed like a nice fella and his solo career is alright.

Just bought tickets to see Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets next year playing nothing but pre Dark Side of The Moon tunes. Love the early Floyd stuff!

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
    Have fun! I’m not the biggest Oasis fan but Noel always seemed like a nice fella and his solo career is alright.

Just bought tickets to see Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets next year playing nothing but pre Dark Side of The Moon tunes. Love the early Floyd stuff!
    Thank you!
    Noel has always been the talented brother, and he has shown it in his solo career. His latest album is clearly influenced by Pink Floyd and The Beatles, my two favorite bands. What else can I ask? :touched:
    Also today it isn't easy to find a singer who does it well live, and he's one of that minority. Undoubtedly I will enjoy it!

And what envy I have you, enjoy the Nick Mason’s show!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    ...Btw he’s playing here in a month, I’m taking the missus. I made her a fan :D
    oh man, that's gonna be amazing. that one porcupine tree gig i've seen is still my best sounding live experience ever, and wilson is even more of a perfectionist when it comes to his own shows. i wonder who plays guitar and drums for him currently. seeing either guthrie govan or marco minneman (or both) must be special too. either way, have fun!

-----------------------------------

45228000_10157907358668502_1329132175831859200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fbud4-1.jpg

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

:agree:

My favourite is the song by the same name.
    Can’t remember how many times I’ve seen and listened to this. It’s absolutely beatiful:

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #834
    That was a great Floyd Era and that version is fantastic.

Btw did you guys see how Pitchfork absolutely DESTROYED Greta Van Fleet on their review?

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/greta-van-fleet-anthem-of-the-peaceful-army/

I mean, I too think this new album sucks. I didn't like it at all. His voice annoys me on some many levels, it's like a mix of that guy from Wolfmother and Coheed and Cambria guy but in even worse way, if that's possible.

And their music while trying so hard to sound like a perfect Zeppelin copy, the most important part which is the writing just isn't there. There isn't a single amazing song that makes me go wow BUT having said all that, it's quite clear whoever wrote that review hate them on a personal level.

1.6 out of 10? That's a personal issue with the band not an unbiased review.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
    Sep 29, 2008
    Would love to see Foo Fighters live again. God damn I love 'em. And last time I was so wasted that I can barely remember being there. :sergio:

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #840
    I miss Bowie so much. I mean it's sad when great artists die but it's even sadder when it's someone who still got it, he was still a relevant creative mind releasing truly interesting music. Hard to say the same about most music heroes of the past.

Kurt Cobain's death will probably always be the one who hurt me the most but losing Bowie was the worst loss in modern times. :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)