Rock, in all shapes and sizes (7 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

Jeff Scott Soto. I like his voice. Would have preferred him to that new guy with Journey.
one of my favorite male singers since the malmsteen years. a cool performer, too. i have this one on dvd, bought on ebay for a fortune like 10 years ago, and now it's online :D

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
everything is online now. :D
no, unfortunately :D i had a buddy who made a band called "harley street", and they did a 5-song demo back in the mid-'90s. it was skid row-ish hair metal, great songs, all of them. i've also known a hungarian band called "facer", they used flute as a solo instrument occasionally, the guitar player was dope. good luck finding these :maddy:

edit: i found the 2nd band :D it took me a search i didn't do in the last 7-8 years, because i already failed to find these songs online back then.
https://soundcloud.com/facerband/facer-demo-1-01-f-lelem the instrumental section starts around 1:18, and the solo i never managed to learn back then starts at 2:56.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@CrimsonianKing @Mark @Salvo @CR 7 @pitbull @JuveJay @Sheik Yerbouti @Lapa @Nomuken @DAiDEViL @Fr3sh @ZoSo and anyone whom i failed to mention from the last couple of pages

have you heard about this fun side project from some members of arch enemy, soilwork, spiritual beggars (etc)?

coolest party rock band since kvelertak i guess.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@CrimsonianKing @Mark @Salvo @CR 7 @pitbull @JuveJay @Sheik Yerbouti @Lapa @Nomuken @DAiDEViL @Fr3sh @ZoSo and anyone whom i failed to mention from the last couple of pages

have you heard about this fun side project from some members of arch enemy, soilwork, spiritual beggars (etc)?

Never heard of them. Still recovering from a Janelle Monae/ Foo Fighters concert weekend.

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #791
    Apr 15, 2006
    Never heard of them. Still recovering from a Janelle Monae/ Foo Fighters concert weekend.
    :inter:

- - - Updated - - -

Not bad, actually. Dunno anyone in that band except Sharlee. Bookmarked for future use.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Gave a listen to Stone Sour's last years album, gotta say it was better than their previous stuff. Some strange Metallica impressions going on at times, but apart from that I loved it. Always been fascinated by Corey Taylor.

February will be a fun month, new albums from Awolnation, Franz Ferdinand and Brian Fallon
    Actually I prefer their earlier stuff, not to say their new stuff is necessarily bad. Either way if it's Corey Taylor I'll happily listen to it all day long, best vocalist in rock imo

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

I'd say the coolest party rock band is The Darkness, but these guys are fun too :D

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I prefer their earlier stuff, not to say their new stuff is necessarily bad. Either way if it's Corey Taylor I'll happily listen to it all day long, best vocalist in rock imo
    if best vocalist is determined by neck size you might be right, otherwise nah, Corey isn't even close for me :D but I do love his charisma and the way he sees music

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
    Sep 29, 2008

What the heck. :lol: This could have been playing on the radio when I was born. :D

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    at around halfway through the first listen, this ultraphonix record looks like a true gem. george lynch on guitars with the vocals of corey glover from living colour looks already like a killer combo, and the rhythm section is equally awesome. also, pretty cool songs, not the usual supergroup stuff with a bunch of soulless songs.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

one of the very few 10/10 albums of the decade. i find it hard to put any label on it, it's just pure music that makes me wanna move to iceland. @DAiDEViL i have a feeling you'll dig it.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    New Album Francis Trouble from ex-Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond Jr was a nice surprise. If you've ever wondered what an album written by a rhythm guitarist would sound like, this is it, every riff, every little melodic guitar line ridiculously polished :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)