Rock, in all shapes and sizes (11 Viewers)

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #686
    Does this mean Linkin Park music for the next two weeks?

Because if so, I might be next.
    I pretty much dislike their music. That repetitive intro-verse-chorus formula bores the shit out of me...

However I saw them at a festival once and gotta say it was a good live act. He could carry on screaming at the top of his lungs and going melodic without missing a note, just flawless. The guy was a good front man.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    I can sorta understand him though, I still can't listen to Chris songs without getting incredibly sad, must have been awful for someone who was close friends to him. Linkin Park had their moments, Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight and Thousand Suns all had some good songs, but the direction they'd taken with their last album was very strange, it sounded almost Coldplay-like

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    I pretty much dislike their music. That repetitive intro-verse-chorus formula bores the shit out of me...

However I saw them at a festival once and gotta say it was a good live act. He could carry on screaming at the top of his lungs and going melodic without missing a note, just flawless. The guy was a good front man.
    :agree: He's an incredible singer.

I can sorta understand him though, I still can't listen to Chris songs without getting incredibly sad, must have been awful for someone who was close friends to him. Linkin Park had their moments, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight and Thousand Suns all had some good songs, but the direction they'd taken with their last album was very strange, it sounded almost Coldplay-like
    The constant struggle an artist goes through to continually reinvent themselves to feed their creativity vs what the 'original' fans expect, is real. The bigger the star, the worse it gets. The kind of things fans say/do, when an artist pivots ranges from mean to incredibly ugly. People forget these guys are human (and a fair number of times, broken humans).
    Fans are entitled fucks. If an artist makes something you don't like, don't listen/see/buy. But no, you've to shit on it and set it on fire. (Not directed at you or your post btw, just a general observation :))

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    icemaη;5574108 said:
    :agree: He's an incredible singer.

The constant struggle an artist goes through to continually reinvent themselves to feed their creativity vs what the 'original' fans expect, is real. The bigger the star, the worse it gets. The kind of things fans say/do, when an artist pivots ranges from mean to incredibly ugly. People forget these guys are human (and a fair number of times, broken humans).
    Fans are entitled fucks. If an artist makes something you don't like, don't listen/see/buy. But no, you've to shit on it and set it on fire. (Not directed at you or your post btw, just a general observation :))
    most of the time the best work of the band lies in one of the first three albums, imo the best way for artist to reinvent himself is not to radically change genre, but to change the people he makes his music together with, simply join a new group every now and then. the same Chris Cornell is a good example, imo guy managed to be so productive and brilliant throughout his career because he performed with not only Soundgarden, but also Audioslave, Temple of the Dog, had numerous solo projects with different band members as well as did his own acoustic gigs. I'm glad Chris had his Timbaland experience as a solo artist not with Soundgarden :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Always sad when someone leaves behind an otherwise good life, wife and 6 kids and all that success, but it often doesn't hide the darkness within. Some people just feel things more.

Linkin Park were massive when I was a kid and young man, not a particularly massive fan of theirs or nu-metal in general but they had a few bangers.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Used to listen to their first two albums heaps, like around when Meteora came out. Probably were my favourite band back then. Still a good listen for nostalgia.

Who knows what must have been going on inside these guys heads (Chris & Chester)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)