Rock, in all shapes and sizes (5 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
You've no idea how pissed I am for missing Soundgarden play close by last month. Fuck fuck, I considered going... Too late

- - - Updated - - -

Out of all Seattle bands they were definitely the most talented technically speaking. And nothing from that scene sound as good, in the production sense , as Superunknown. I don't even remember who engineered/mixed they record but holy fuck it's fantastic.

BTW if you haven't heard it before check out Cornell's first solo record called Euphoria morning. It's damn good.
Dirt is pretty tight and sounds huge

Buy on AliExpress.com

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I never got the chance to see him live.
I seen him last year and he played this and dedicated it to Prince.

You could of heard a pin drop the audience was so fixated on him.

It was truly beautiful.

At the end of the show he promised to bring Soundgarden to Belfast.

A promise he couldn't keep unfortunately.

He was a true talent and will be sorely missed.

Im devastated. :sob:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
http://variety.com/2017/music/news/...drugs-may-have-influenced-suicide-1202436611/

i still can't take it. this guy was in the middle of a tour, loved his family, his entourage never thought this would happen. and drug side effects kill him, or rather make him kill himself.
As someone who is currently on Zoloft for my clinical depression, I can tell you that sometimes if you miss a dose or two, it can get really dark, really quickly. My wife was saying to me yesterday "Why would he do that to himself? He has a wife, 3 kids, a good life doing what he loves. Why would he do that?"

I try to explain it to her that sometimes depression doesn't just go away because it is perceived that you have a "good life". It's not that easy. She tries to understand, but unless you are in those shoes, you don't understand.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
As someone who is currently on Zoloft for my clinical depression, I can tell you that sometimes if you miss a dose or two, it can get really dark, really quickly. My wife was saying to me yesterday "Why would he do that to himself? He has a wife, 3 kids, a good life doing what he loves. Why would he do that?"

I try to explain it to her that sometimes depression doesn't just go away because it is perceived that you have a "good life". It's not that easy. She tries to understand, but unless you are in those shoes, you don't understand.
i feel you. 6-7 years ago, i also took anti-anxiety pills for 1,5 years, and yes, it felt bad if i missed a pill or two.

i'm no doctor, nor pharmacist, i don't have any clinical experience besides my 1,5 years of taking such drugs under my doctor's control, and i don't consider myself an expert of depression. still, i'm just shocked that in 2017, there are pills that might make kill yourself. i don't want to blame anybody, it's just unbelievable that a man without suicidal intentions, even if it's a depressed man, hangs himself because of a single bad dose.

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #651
    We, as a society, still have a long way to go regarding depression and it's effects. There's still too many stupid fuckers out there passing on judgment when they really don't know how destructive it can be.

I don't talk to my dad much, not the best of relationships. But from what my family told me he's had depression for quite some years, he's almost 70 years old and is taking a shitload of pills and is afraid to even drive his car because of it. Shit is serious and should be treated as such.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Needless to say, Metallica was fucking awesome last night. But I will say it anyway.

Metallica was fucking awesome last night. Even though they played 5 tracks from the new album, they fit in so seamlessly with the rest of the stuff.
    Rob Trujillo played a bit of "Black Hole Sun" during his bass solo

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    Needless to say, Metallica was fucking awesome last night. But I will say it anyway.

Metallica was fucking awesome last night. Even though they played 5 tracks from the new album, they fit in so seamlessly with the rest of the stuff.
    Gonna see them in Poland in 11 months (the tickets sold in 1 day :lol:). Hope they play The Four Horseman and Creeping Death (both songs are on the rotation of fringe songs).

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011

Seen them live a couple of times, the best live band I've seen. Tool probably 2nd.

Man, Cornell's suicide is still pretty shocking. Not upsetting but hard to comprehend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)