Rock, in all shapes and sizes (10 Viewers)

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #245
    deftones is even better.
    :p
    Love me some Deftones. Saw them live a hundred times. I once went to 3 of their concerts in the same year :lol:

btw, they're playing here w/ Incubus next month. I'll probably make it.

- - - Updated - - -

Listening to the new Tame Impala album. Meh, i knew Parker always had a catchy tune tendency but it went completely hipster modern pop shit. It's not that it's bad but it's far from special.

HAZEM

L'architetto
    Apr 22, 2008
    i will be in Italy in the next September doing master degree and hopefully will continue PHD and stay there. but i don't know if bands like deftones tour there. would be nice to see this guys live or even Korn. or any metal band that i may dig.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I've only listened to that, In the Court and parts of Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair so far. Definitely like Discipline the most by a lot. Love Frame by Frame.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #250
    I've only listened to that, In the Court and parts of Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair so far. Definitely like Discipline the most by a lot. Love Frame by Frame.
    Tool wrote half their discography based on Frame by Frame :D

It's funny that they even joke about ripping off King Crimson. And some

If you're into their more "modern" (Post 60s/70s) sound, get Thrak. And from there, The Power To Believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh btw @Sheik Yerbouti Zappa plays Zappa here next month. I won't miss this for the world :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Ok will do :D

The Tool influence is pretty obvious, from the drumming, to the lyrics and the kind of dissonant/delay guitar thing. And the bass is pretty much Pink Floyd's One of These Days :p But Tool is still great though.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #252
    Ok will do :D

The Tool influence is pretty obvious, from the drumming, to the lyrics and the kind of dissonant/delay guitar thing. And the bass is pretty much Pink Floyd's One of These Days :p But Tool is still great though.
    See, an interesting fact is that Tool was majorly influenced by King Crimson. But then by The Power to Believe KC was influenced by Tool with a heavier almost-metal sound.

So, in a way you could say King Crimson influenced itself. :D

Apr 15, 2006
    You should give Lizard a try. That's one of my faves too.

Oh btw @Sheik Yerbouti Zappa plays Zappa here next month. I won't miss this for the world :D
    When and where? I'll be in the US in the first 2 weeks of September.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #255
    Well it wasn't exactly the same band though
    Same band from the 80s and up. Apart from Bruford of course. Levin, Fripp, Belew and then a new bass player/drummer.

- - - Updated - - -

You should give Lizard a try. That's one of my faves too.

When and where? I'll be in the US in the first 2 weeks of September.
    Lizard is fantastic.

Florida, sept the 10th.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #258
    Oh man, I'll be in Denver on the 10th. Feel quite tempted to fly down to FL for it. Any chance you can get another ticket?
    Of course, my horse :D I was gonna buy 2 tickets (a friend of mine is going too) this week but it's not like it's gonna be sold out soon.

So you have time to figure out if you can make it, i can wait up to 2 weeks before having to buy it. The venue is pretty cool, small place, cozy meaning the sound is always quality.

Btw One Size Fits All has just completed 40 years so they will be playing some of those tunes I'm sure. It's only my favorite Zappa record. :D

Apr 15, 2006
    Of course, my horse :D I was gonna buy 2 tickets (a friend of mine is going too) this week but it's not like it's gonna be sold out soon.

So you have time to figure out if you can make it, i can wait up to 2 weeks before having to buy it. The venue is pretty cool, small place, cozy meaning the sound is always quality.

Btw One Size Fits All has just completed 40 years so they will be playing some of those tunes I'm sure. It's only my favorite Zappa record. :D
    :weee: Let me try to fit this in. Thanks!

Where in Florida are you seeing them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)