Rock, in all shapes and sizes (3 Viewers)

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #282
    They definitely don't make it like the old times anymore. Imagine you being in the crowd high seeing a painted dude with wings and unhuman almost alien-like movements and look while you're high as a kite, what a trip that had to be :D

There's been talks about a reunion happening soon, including Peter Gabriel. Now that's a Genesis I'd pay good money to see, playing the old progressive stuff.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    A Genesis reunion? I can't see it happening. Maybe now that Phil is well enough again to play the drums? Who knows. I think a lot of it depends on how much material they play from the Gabriel years, because let's face it, a lot of people don't even know that he was in, and the leader of the group for all those years.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #284
    A Genesis reunion? I can't see it happening. Maybe now that Phil is well enough again to play the drums? Who knows. I think a lot of it depends on how much material they play from the Gabriel years, because let's face it, a lot of people don't even know that he was in, and the leader of the group for all those years.
    Well, Phil Collins is officially back so I think there's a fair chance he might reunite with Banks and Rutherford. More than a fair chance actually unless his health won't allow it. The Problem here is convincing Hackett (Who's been fine with his solo career and is upset over their latest documentary on which he thought spotlighted specific members more than others) and harder yet bringing Gabriel along.

Buuut from what I've gathered from interviews and such, they seem open to it, so there's always a possibility of at least one of them getting up on stage and playing a couple of songs, you know. A full reunion with a full set? I'd agree it's unlikely. That would mean Collins would have to go back to the drums and he himself said he's not sure he can handle it anymore.

It's unfortunate, seeing as Gabriel paved the way in everything he did for whatever became Genesis past 74'. Musically/lyrically it was too rich, easily the best era imo.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Well, Phil Collins is officially back so I think there's a fair chance he might reunite with Banks and Rutherford. More than a fair chance actually unless his health won't allow it. The Problem here is convincing Hackett (Who's been fine with his solo career and is upset over their latest documentary on which he thought spotlighted specific members more than others) and harder yet bringing Gabriel along.

Buuut from what I've gathered from interviews and such, they seem open to it, so there's always a possibility of at least one of them getting up on stage and playing a couple of songs, you know. A full reunion with a full set? I'd agree it's unlikely. That would mean Collins would have to go back to the drums and he himself said he's not sure he can handle it anymore.

It's unfortunate, seeing as Gabriel paved the way in everything he did for whatever became Genesis past 74'. Musically/lyrically it was too rich, easily the best era imo.
    Phil had some type of surgery that allows him to go back and play the drums again. There was an interview with him in Rolling Stone very very recently (Within the last month)

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #286
    Tool is gonna be touring next year. They'll play here in January. Tickets for sale this coming Friday. Fuck yeah!!

- - - Updated - - -

Tool is gonna be touring next year. They'll play here in January. Tickets for sale this coming Friday. Fuck yeah!!

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #287
    :cry: @King of Kings this takes me back to the day I heard Kurt Cobain had died and/or the day Layne Staley has died. Horrible memories.

Well, one more from our generation to go. RIP Scott.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #291
    Nothing yet. I had heard that once he got married in 2013, he had cleaned himself up. Probably years of abuse finally caught up with him.

My favorite STP song of all time. :touched:

Yeah, I remember that. Thing is a few months ago there was a video that became viral of his new band and he looks like he's tripping balls. Completely out of tune, he was pretty fucked up there.

Funny story, see, In Brazil there this devotion towards what I called the "Grunge trio" Nirvana, AIC and Pearl Jam but STP was always more of an obscured band, never got the same level of success over there. Then I move to the US in the early 00's and find out they are fucking huge over here.

That's a kickass song :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)