Rock, in all shapes and sizes (7 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

And I said don't be a $#@!.

- - - Updated - - -

No not a rock band at all. :sergio:

Seriously. $#@! off. You're the only one in the entire thread being a retard about this.

That was very good. Interesting sound. :tup:

A little contribution to the thread. 70's rock at it's purest.

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #194
    :D Have all his records. Well, From the debut to Scary Monsters and then the rest on CD. Very few artists managed to change so much and still be at the top of their game. The psychedelic era, Heavy Metal (Few people know The album The Man Who Sold The World for anything other than the song Nirvana played but it's as Metal as it can be. Proto if you will), Soul, And my favorite the Berlin trilogy :tuttosport:

Fuck, Bowie is a God.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    :D Have all his records. Well, From the debut to Scary Monsters and then the rest on CD. Very few artists managed to change so much and still be at the top of their game. The psychedelic era, Heavy Metal (Few people know The album The Man Who Sold The World for anything other than the song Nirvana played but it's as Metal as it can be. Proto if you will), Soul, And my favorite the Berlin trilogy :tuttosport:

$#@!, Bowie is a God.
    :D I'm missing a few somewhere in there. I have a couple on Japanese pressings (Scary Monsters and Young Americans) that are pretty cool.

My favourites are Aladdin Sane, Hunky Dory, and the Berlin Trilogy. Fantastic. I wish I had seen him live back in the 70s. My parents saw him in Vancouver in 1976, the first show of the Isolar tour, where he started the show by projecting the beginning of that Dali-Bunuel film Un Chien Andalou, where the eyeball is slit open by the razor blade. Would have been epic to be there.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011

Fuck, Bowie is a God.
    great tune

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #197
    :D I'm missing a few somewhere in there. I have a couple on Japanese pressings (Scary Monsters and Young Americans) that are pretty cool.

My favourites are Aladdin Sane, Hunky Dory, and the Berlin Trilogy. Fantastic. I wish I had seen him live back in the 70s. My parents saw him in Vancouver in 1976, the first show of the Isolar tour, where he started the show by projecting the beginning of that Dali-Bunuel film Un Chien Andalou, where the eyeball is slit open by the razor blade. Would have been epic to be there.
    Hunky Dory is my favorite of his early 70's stuff, then i'd put TMWSTW and Ziggy Stardust right after, then Alladin Sane and Diamond Dogs.

Your parents are lucky as shit. Epic indeed. But if i could i wish i had seen him two years later, in 78'. When he plays mostly stuff from Heroes, Low and Ziggy Stardust. The perfect tour. If you haven't checked it yet, look for a live album called Stage, it's from that tour.

Out of his newer releases check out Heathen, it's pretty good. He even plays a Pixies song. :D

:agree: Great tune indeed.

The thing about Bowie is that every direction that he took was done flawlessly. Maybe he lost himself a bit in the mid to late 80's when he decided to give in to pop music and culture. But thankfully the 90's came.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)