Rock, in all shapes and sizes (7 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
just fuck 2020 already. what a loss, he was truly a unique player and songwriter. i listened to "balance" earlier today, but now it's surely time for a van halen discography week. rip legend :sad:

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #969
    @s4tch Ken Hensley from Uriah Heep is dead :cry:

It sucks how underestimated Uriah Heep is as a band. Sure Sabbath are the godfathers of metal but Byron was doing the falsetto metal thing before Ian Gillian or anyone else. Loved the band.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    You’re only old if your mind is old :baus:

Absolutely love Tony Levin and enjoyed the song but man can’t stand these modern metal drums anymore. It’s so generic and machine-like. :cry2:
    agreed about the music. completely loved the first two lte albums when they came out, but i stopped listening to that kind of overly technical stuff years ago.

wilson though...

beautiful sound, i can barely remind myself not to crank up my headphone amp to the max. wilson went full pop, and it suits him.

an other band that walked a similar path, dunno whether i posted it already:

very good songs, whatever we call the genre.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #978
    agreed about the music. completely loved the first two lte albums when they came out, but i stopped listening to that kind of overly technical stuff years ago.

wilson though...

beautiful sound, i can barely remind myself not to crank up my headphone amp to the max. wilson went full pop, and it suits him.

an other band that walked a similar path, dunno whether i posted it already:

very good songs, whatever we call the genre.
    Damn bro that Ulver shit... Tears For Fears called and want their sound back :grin: Cool stuff!

Yesterday I was listening to that new SW material. I'm still on the fence about it, I like it all but I do miss the proggish-jazzy approach he had on previous records.

I guess after tasting a bit of "real" success topping the charts he realized he needed a drastic change. Can't blame him. Dude's been playing his heart out for how many decades now? He deserves it.

I found this guy a few months back and I'm still completely obsessed about him. His first record is ok but the other two are gorgeous. Worth checking out. If you're into that Marvin Gaye soul thing, which I absolutely am, you'll enjoy this. (Ps that intro is so Pink Floyd it hurts)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Every time there’s a new post I’m already like “Ok, who died this time?” :scared:
    Sadly, that's the state of rock music though. More dying than producing much of note.

Damn bro that Ulver shit... Tears For Fears called and want their sound back :grin: Cool stuff!
    :lol: I thought the same thing. Sounded like someone fed a music AI with the T4F back catalog.

Don't get me wrong... I really like a lot of Pink Floyd.

But this reminded me of one of my favorite album reviews, and it was one of the shortest. It came from JD Considine in Musician magazine on Pink Floyd's 1988 Delicate Sound of Thunder: Live:

"Proof that you can't listen to a light show."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)