Rock, in all shapes and sizes (31 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Sorry @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=1825" target="_blank">King of Kings</a>... Guns N' Roses is beyond horrible. What a disgusting scene and period that was. Reunited? EW!

- - - Updated - - -
@<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=18090" target="_blank">Post Ironic</a> ever heard this? You better or you're a faker :stuckup:

If this

Has any connection to this

Then you need to check yourself

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #344
    Ignorance is not reading things properly. Where did I say they were hair metal? I said Rock. They still dressed and acted the same way the lipstick cunts did even though they came on a bit late onto the scene. GnR and Limp Bizkit have to be the worst things to come out of rock.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #346
    Why do you hate Guns N' Roses that much? :D You can't even appreciate a song like Welcome to the Jungle?
    I hate the 80's hair bands scene as a whole, Guns N' Roses was that one band that didn't want to let it die. Thankfully Thurstoon Moore took Geffen's big boss to a Nirvana concert and that changed it all. It was finally back to the basics, kids picking up a guitar and expressing themselves. By the time GnR came along the scene was over saturated with crapiness, fucking lipsticks, shitty catchy no-effort choruses and mediocre attitudes. It was the worst kind of music as well with nothing challenging to the listener/viewer.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I hate the 80's hair bands scene as a whole, Guns N' Roses was that one band that didn't want to let it die. Thankfully Thurstoon Moore took Geffen's big boss to a Nirvana concert and that changed it all. It was finally back to the basics, kids picking up a guitar and expressing themselves. By the time GnR came along the scene was over saturated with crapiness, fucking lipsticks, shitty catchy no-effort choruses and mediocre attitudes. It was the worst kind of music as well with nothing challenging to the listener/viewer.
    Guns n Roses were huge into the 90s and musically were nothing like 80s hair bands. They had much more in common with Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, Zeppelin, Van Halen etc.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #348
    Guns n Roses were huge into the 90s and musically were nothing like 80s hair bands. They had much more in common with Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, Zeppelin, Van Halen etc.
    "Musically nothing like 80's hair bands" :lol: Now I've heard everything. You know that Aerosmith is one of the precursors to the hair metal/glam/whatever the fuck you want to call it scene, right? So was Cheap Trick, NY Dolls, etc... The poodle hair scene was still huge into the early 90s until Nirvana and Seattle came into the game which was in 91' but I still remember it being well alive til 92 or 93. So yeah, GnR were huge into the 90's but so was Motley Crue and the related bands.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Ignorance is not reading things properly. Where did I say they were hair metal? I said Rock. They still dressed and acted the same way the lipstick cunts did even though they came on a bit late onto the scene. GnR and Limp Bizkit have to be the worst things to come out of rock.
    AC/DC and GnR are the two most overrated rock bands of all time. Absolute trash imo. Boring, repetitive sound. Trash lyrics. Irritating lead singers with crap voices. :inter:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Bon Scott era AC/DC is fucking brilliant as anything and the first couple of Brian Johnson albums are pretty good. GnR are good as fuck as well, slightly overrated but still excellent.

the problem with these shitty youtube videos is that the dynamics don't really come across very well

Overrated = U2, Radiohead (the most overrated band ever), Muse, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Sorry @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=1825" target="_blank">King of Kings</a>... Guns N' Roses is beyond horrible. What a disgusting scene and period that was. Reunited? EW!

- - - Updated - - -
    @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=18090" target="_blank">Post Ironic</a> ever heard this? You better or you're a faker :stuckup:

Yeah, I know Os Mutantes. I have 3 Brazilian "rock" albums in my collection. This one (sadly the reissue... first pressing runs at over $1000 now)

This one:

and this one:

Pretty limited, I know.

- - - Updated - - -
    @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=18035" target="_blank">CrimsonianKing</a>

What do you think of Júpiter Maçã? I stumbled across first album on youtube recently. Interesting sound. All over the place, hear a lot of different influences. I like it.

This song is so David Bowie :lol:

Too bad the guy died 10 days ago :cry:

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #356
    AC/DC and GnR are the two most overrated rock bands of all time. Absolute trash imo. Boring, repetitive sound. Trash lyrics. Irritating lead singers with crap voices. :inter:
    :agree: Fuck 'em.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I know Os Mutantes. I have 3 Brazilian "rock" albums in my collection. This one (sadly the reissue... first pressing runs at over $1000 now)

This one:

and this one:

Pretty limited, I know.

- - - Updated - - -
    @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=18035" target="_blank">CrimsonianKing</a>

What do you think of Júpiter Maçã? I stumbled across first album on youtube recently. Interesting sound. All over the place, hear a lot of different influences. I like it.

This song is so David Bowie :lol:

Too bad the guy died 10 days ago :cry:
    Os Novos Baianos are fantastic. They have a record called Acabou Chorare which is considered by many the best Brazilian record ever made and IMO if it isn't, it's surely up there. This is the most "rock" song in it. If you don't have it, get it.

Did you know Mike Patton is a big Secos e Molhados fan? :D Funnily enough those 3 Brazilain bands have quite a big cult following around the world, a lot of famous musicians have cited them like Kurt Cobain, Beck, even Sean Lennon. They're just so unique, diverse and highly creative you simply can't find a similar sound anywhere else.

Oh tbh I hate Jupiter Maça. 60's gone wrong. When I heard he passed away I posted something along these lines "There was some great music in Psychedelic Rock and there was Jupiter Maça" Surely enough I got hit by a wave of hate from friends and their pseudo hippie friends. :lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Wait a minute. G 'N R were one of the bands back then that hated everything about Hair Metal. They couldn't stand any of the bands that were around during that time. Axl's less than kind words for Motley Crue and Poison back in the day were testament to that. Listen to their interviews. Slash himself said in "The Evolution of Metal" documentary series that all of those bands were perceived as posers by the members of GNR.

Wouldn't let it die? They did everything they could to try on their own to kill it.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #359
    Wait a minute. G 'N R were one of the bands back then that hated everything about Hair Metal. They couldn't stand any of the bands that were around during that time. Axl's less than kind words for Motley Crue and Poison back in the day were testament to that. Listen to their interviews. Slash himself said in "The Evolution of Metal" documentary series that all of those bands were perceived as posers by the members of GNR.

Wouldn't let it die? They did everything they could to try on their own to kill it.
    Like I said Slash is a cool cat, someone I respect. I've not doubt he hated those cunts.

Axl Rose on the other hand is full of shit as he's always been. In the beginning he dressed and acted like the people he says he despised. Truth is everybody back then took their chance in the hair band bandwagon.

Snider is the same way, on interviews he'll say the lipstick guys killed Heavy Metal yet there was a period in Twister Sister they were no different from them, neither musically or aesthetically. Then of course when things started deteriorating they denied any connection to them. Meh.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #360
    @Post Ironic strangest thing happened :lol: I was doing some google searching for some Soundcloud stuff and found out this dude somehow got a song (The King Crimson cover I sent you once) from my profile, recorded himself rapping over it and put his digital stuff up for sale.

I mean wtf Sure, I know I don't have the rights to the song but still, nigga be stealing my shit! :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)