Robin van Persie - ST - Manchester United (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
They said the same thing once upon a time about the dude in your avatar, you know.
and Van Persie has 26 goals in CL in his career. scored a hattrick to get United past Olympiacos last season after they lost 2-0 in Greece.

oh and btw. the guy has played over 2100 minutes this season in the EPL alone, over 1500 last season and over 3100 in 12/13. yeah, misses half the games every season

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
and Van Persie has 26 goals in CL in his career. scored a hattrick to get United past Olympiacos last season after they lost 2-0 in Greece.

oh and btw. the guy has played over 2100 minutes this season in the EPL alone, over 1500 last season and over 3100 in 12/13. yeah, misses half the games every season
You don't need to convince me, man :D

As long as the price is right, then certainly. However, if United and Van Persie start getting full of themselves, then, well, no.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The thing is, I don't think RVP is good enough anymore.
i think he is. his finishing is amazing, which would mean a lot to us especially in the KO stages of the CL when we cant afford to miss many chances. one goal to get us past a round in the CL would already pay out and be worth the signing

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Too old? 31 years is too old?

Evra. 33 years old when he signed. 1 title and CL Finalist later...
Pirlo. 32 years old when he signed. 4 titles later...

----

Starting to make sense yet?
he is 32years old.
10m in wages and see how much United want for him.

I'd go for younger players. We got Dybala and ok now i'd rather go for someone who has at least 5years at the top to play

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Even if he were to only take Llorente's minutes, that is still far more than 500 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

They said the same thing once upon a time about the dude in your avatar, you know.
Wasn't the same said for Tevez when he arrived here though?
I don't know if it was said about Tevez, but Carlitos' mentality is a lot stronger than RVP. He didn't perform well in Europe in general, but IMO RVP does well until a big game and chokes hard. Remember Arsenal vs Milan? Didn't he miss a sitter against Real Madrid as well? Also there is Holland in international competitions.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
because he can come of the bench in a CL QF/SF and single handly decide the game with an goal out of nowhere. thats why
So we want an eternal Arsenal CL choker to be our CL ace in the hole.

Wasn't the same said for Tevez when he arrived here though?
Tevez was 29 and he came from a 3000 min season at City. He was bought as a starter whereas now we are spending the same money on a 2 year older 4th striker

Not enough

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You don't need to convince me, man :D

As long as the price is right, then certainly. However, if United and Van Persie start getting full of themselves, then, well, no.
yeah i know :D

i was more adding to what you said to Melo about him being a CL chocker

for under 10M and Khedira wages he would be the signing of the summer to me. if we really want him, i believe Marotta will finish this of quickly

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
he is 32years old.
10m in wages and see how much United want for him.

I'd go for younger players. We got Dybala and ok now i'd rather go for someone who has at least 5years at the top to play
Hypothetically speaking.

Van Persie and Zaza's wages and transfer fee for each are on equal terms, or say, a 10% difference in RVP's over Zaza's.

Who do you pick.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Don't know if he'll end up there, but he's not coming to Juve.

Keep in mind that in the interview he gave recently he said the reason for him wanting away was that he expects United to spend another 200 million this season, meaning he wouldn't play much. Can't see him going anywhere as a 3rd choice striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)