Robin van Persie - ST - Manchester United (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #102
    Keep in mind folks, under Conte we saw a set product form Tevez. And under Allegri we saw a fantastic improvement of Tevez that was a year older. I don't think 31 years is too old to get your top form back.

- - - Updated - - -

With Pirlo you're right (but he came for free), with Evra, he wasn't that bad last season. And significantly cheaper than Van Persie would be.

And yes, of course it's a subjective opinion, just like anyone's is who says that he'll be much better with us than the past two years at United.
    Defenders are rarely ever as expensive as strikers. :p

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    So resale value was your Plan B in case your other argument didn't work? :D

You mentioned it a couple times. And you highlighted it as to say its important.
    I mentioned it once, in the same sentence with a bunch of other arguments, and people picked it out, forcing me to respond as well :p

And I've virtually everytime added that it shouldn't be our prime concern.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    RVP suggested today MU will spend another 200m this summer to make the team competitive again. If that was the case there will probably be a new striker or two coming in which would probably end up pushing him out of the club.
    yeah, i also read they arent getting Falcao to make more room for that new top striker. they also want Bale apparently, its in their interest to get rid of the unwanted players as soon as possible to focus on getting their summer targets. they definitely dont have the upper hand here if they would be dealing with us since RVP would be like a "yeah, we dont really need him but if hes available for a low sum we would take him maybe" signing for us

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #105
    yeah, i also read they arent getting Falcao to make more room for that new top striker. they also want Bale apparently, its in their interest to get rid of the unwanted players as soon as possible to focus on getting their summer targets. they definitely dont have the upper hand here if they would be dealing with us since RVP would be like a "yeah, we dont really need him but if hes available for a low sum we would take him maybe" signing for us
    Exactly.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    @RVP advocators

Explain why you suggest spending ~10M + 3-4M wages on a 4th striker who is gonna play 500 minutes in the entire season, including 200 min after Scudetto is already won and 100 min in the Coppa.

Zaza > RVP

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    We need some air combat,i would keep him,hoping for Cavani :beppe:
    hes on too high wages to be a 4th/5th striker here. as for Cavani, id love him here but at this point, i doubt

- - - Updated - - -

@RVP advocators

Explain why you suggest spending ~10M + 3-4M wages on a 4th striker who is gonna play 500 minutes in the entire season, 200 minutes after Scudetto is already won and 100 minutes in the Coppa.

Zaza > RVP
    because he can come of the bench in a CL QF/SF and single handly decide the game with an goal out of nowhere. thats why

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    About Zaza, I'm not a big fan of his and his pricetag, but it seems a done deal anyways.

And remember all the strikers we've brought in january pretty much every year? Zaza will be fullfilling exactly that role for years to come. And better, as he doesn't need any time to settle in the strikers brought in newly every year require. Moreoever, he's still young, and there's always the possibility of him developing into something much better - he'll probably never be worldclass, but weirder transformations have happened.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Why wouldnt RVP work out?

The injury myth has already been dispelled.

RVP's quality is still better than most forwards in Serie A.Some srs underrating going on here just because he's old.
    IF 31 is old, then I, staring at 46, should be dead

Twice over.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    @RVP advocators

Explain why you suggest spending ~10M + 3-4M wages on a 4th striker who is gonna play 500 minutes in the entire season, including 200 min after Scudetto is already won and 100 min in the Coppa.

Zaza > RVP
    Even if he were to only take Llorente's minutes, that is still far more than 500 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Van Persie a lot but he is a choker in CL.
    They said the same thing once upon a time about the dude in your avatar, you know.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    He's clearly not wanted by United anymore, he doesn't want United anymore, he's already in Italy selling his ass. Considering all that, and the fact that he's 31 years old, united have no choice but to sell for peanuts. I don't think he'd cost more than 5-7m.

I think the club would only go after him if Tevez decides to leave.

I dont understand the obsession with Zaza with people over here. Do you guys actually watch his game or just like his shinny bald head? He's so mediocre I'd rather keep re-loan Matri. I'd never agree to pay 15m for this guy.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    @RVP advocators

Zaza > RVP
    I agree that the Zaza has the greater future upside (potentially) but RVP still has more than enough gas in the tank to give us a good run in Europe for at least 2 seasons.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    We got Matri when Giovinco left. It's not a no brainer to those who don't think he's that good anymore. He had a decent output last season, but he is surely declining every season
    look at every position in this team and look at the new players we signed/are looking to sign. we are double covered on every position except CF. our 2nd team could basically win the scudetto next year, or atleats finish top 3, thats how good it is (gonna be). its very easy to figure out why. when we are without a starter it is incredibly hard to maintain the same level in a CL KO game for example. imagine having to rely on Matri or Llorente when Morata is out due to injury/suspension against Bayern in a QF (remember Matri/Quag and Peluso vs Bayern). we cant allow these things to happen to ourselves if we want to establish ourselves as a CL QF/SF regular. cant do that if you have players that are not good enough starting an important KO game. thats why its very important to us as a team to be double covered on all positions...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    About Zaza, I'm not a big fan of his and his pricetag, but it seems a done deal anyways.

And remember all the strikers we've brought in january pretty much every year? Zaza will be fullfilling exactly that role for years to come. And better, as he doesn't need any time to settle in the strikers brought in newly every year require. Moreoever, he's still young, and there's always the possibility of him developing into something much better - he'll probably never be worldclass, but weirder transformations have happened.
    yeah it seems so, which also means we arent getting Van Persie. i actually like Zaza and his grinta, but if i had to chose between him and a striker of Van Persies level, id chose the 2nd obviously

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    look at every position in this team and look at the new players we signed/are looking to sign. we are double covered on every position except CF. our 2nd team could basically win the scudetto next year, or atleats finish top 3, thats how good it is (gonna be). its very easy to figure out why. when we are without a starter it is incredibly hard to maintain the same level in a CL KO game for example. imagine having to rely on Matri or Llorente when Morata is out due to injury/suspension against Bayern in a QF (remember Matri/Quag and Peluso vs Bayern). we cant allow these things to happen to ourselves if we want to establish ourselves as a CL QF/SF regular. cant do that if you have players that are not good enough starting an important KO game. thats why its very important to us as a team to be double covered on all positions...
    The thing is, I don't think RVP is good enough anymore.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I agree that the Zaza has the greater future upside (potentially) but RVP still has more than enough gas in the tank to give us a good run in Europe for at least 2 seasons.
    Is Zaza's future upside as good as what RVP can currently bring?

I am inclined to say no.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, I don't think RVP is good enough anymore.

I respectfully disagree. I think that he has plenty left in the tank, and he would certainly want to be motivated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)