Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Wooooh :shocked:... what an unexpected reaction :eek:
:stuckup: :D

Have you heard him say that or are you just listening to Osman and Alen?
Ok the whole Ferbanache thing is probably exaggerated, but he is\does most likely look down upon Juve. Who rates Juventus apart Juventus fans really. We haven't done anything in Europe in a long time, nor did we participate in the CL the past 2 season. The whole undefeated thing, will be undermined by other fans because Calcio is deemed to be weak.

Either ways, dude is old, injury prone and he might flop in Italy. Too much risks for the amount of money he's demanding. Let him go to City and I hope we meet them in the CL. To be honest....unless he takes a 6 mil contract more or less, I wouldn't welcome him here. And he's talking about 10-13 mil :howler:

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
:stuckup: :D

Ok the whole Ferbanache thing is probably exaggerated, but he is\does most likely look down upon Juve. Who rates Juventus apart Juventus fans really. We haven't done anything in Europe in a long time, nor did we participate in the CL the past 2 season. The whole undefeated thing, will be undermined by other fans because Calcio is deemed to be weak.

Either ways, dude is old, injury prone and he might flop in Italy. Too much risks for the amount of money he's demanding. Let him go to City and I hope we meet them in the CL. To be honest....unless he takes a 6 mil contract more or less, I wouldn't welcome him here. And he's talking about 10-13 mil :howler:
Again, have you heard him say this?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Or Cavani, or Falcao. If it turns out that the rumored Chelsea offer to Jovetic was true, will that suddenly make him a better player than he is?

Ok, then it's the same as choosing Henry for sky high wages instead of paying 25-30m for the 21 year old Messi in 2008, who ended the season with 10 la liga goals. I mean, Henry was a proven quality. And unlike Van Persie didn't have a history record.

And it will be worthy to sign Jovetic. Honestly, have you watched him at least? You seem to be basing your opinion on the "no other big clubs wants him" (which isn't even proven. Milan for example are linked to him and Chelsea were linked to him some 2-3 weeks ago).
The discussion isn't about what Juve needs more or if Van Persie is great. We do need a CF and Van Persie is a huge talent with proven quality. My only complain, a strong one, is about this very expensive choice we are making with a player who, with one exception, was regularly missing 13-20 matches in EPL every season. Even the filled with talent Barca is feeling the consequences when one David Villa isn't playing. For Juve it will be 100 times worse and it will have terrible consequences on our future if Van Persie does what's logical judging from his history, and misses half a season due to injury. It will have a strong influence on our market strategy in the following years.
Go for a CF, but play it smart. RVP is too big of a risk to take for Juve. It's a risk that some other teams can allow, but Juve or any other Italian team can't.
one more thing to add.

i am hundred percent sure if jovetic had not missed the 2010-2011 season he would be either

A) playing at another big club now.
B) worth 40 million instead of the 25 million now.

it's amazing how significantly better he gets every season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
unless he takes a 6 mil contract more or less, I wouldn't welcome him here. And he's talking about 10-13 mil :howler:
Those 10-13m eur a season are actually 17-22m eur including taxes. Multiply it with a 4 year contract and we are talking about 68m-88m eur only for Van Persie's wages. Add the transfer fee and we might be talking about some 85-100m eur for him.

Maybe these numbers will finally make some people realize why am I saying that it's a big risk to pay this for a 29 year old (33 and unsellable when his contract will expire) injury prone player. That's basically our salary budget for an entire season.

Anyway, if we do sign him it will be for less money for wages, but that's exactly why we won't sign him. City and even United will be willing to pay him ~10m eur a season. The only obstacle is Arsenal so far, but they will accept to sell him to one of those two come mid-August.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Ridiculous! The funny thing is that he's never accomplished anything to merit that amount of money, he's no Ibra\Eto'o\etc. One good season, that's all he's had, not to mention he hasn't won shit.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
How do we know that Van Persie wants big money? :D
You think he wants even less than in Arsenal? It's been reported left and right that he was asking for something close to 1m eur a month (like 200k a week or so). And considering how much the other stars are getting in their teams and what he's getting in Arsenal right now (4.7m pounds = 6m eur), it's easy to assume that he wants to sign his last lucrative contract and earn as much as possible. If Arsenal are paying him 6m eur a year, he's definitely going for at least 8m eur now.

---------- Post added 24.07.2012 at 03:07 ----------

And reports were saying that Arsenal raised their offer to 130k BP a week (6.7m BP = 8.5M EUR). After the latest developments it's clear that RVP rejected Arsenal's offer. If he rejected 8.5m eur, then he's definitely been offered more by some other teams or he expects to get more.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
:howler: at the people who doesn't want Van persie or would rather Jojo, I'am a big fan of Jovetic, but if we have the slightest chance to sign RVP, we should take, not only he was the 3rd best player on the world last year, He's everything we need, he a prolific goalscorer, People will say his records doesn't show that, but we mustn't forget that until the last 2 years he was playing as Winger, SS, he's great with the ball, can beat any defender, very smart player and can add so much to our build up play with his technique and one touch passes, he has a great longue range shot as someone mentionned we would need that to unlock the small teams, and above that he's a WC player, he would put Juve back on the map of european football as a destination for WC players. He's only 28 and would still have at least 3 great years in the rather slow Serie A. The investement would be considerable but the reward would be greater.

Jojo as great as he could became, isn't needed right now, and if we are planning to bring and play Vucinic as CF, that's the worse idea ever.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Watch him snap in two pieces after we sign him on a lucrative contract.
Watch him snap in two pieces even if we don't sign him. The injuries will prevent him from having another great season. Whoever signs him will be up for an unpleasant surprise.

And cheese, RVP will be 29 in two weeks. It's cheating to say that he's a 28 year old, even if he technically is :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)