Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (141 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
And even that is too heavy a investment for us..I have been saying it all along and will say it again..This transfer is unlikely to happen.
Minimizing cost is great but if we want to be competitive for the long-term we must increase revenue. Van-Persie is a big name with a large following and quality player who can help us both commercially and on the pitch. It's good for our image that ManUtd and ManCity are also interested in Van Persie, imo we should make this investment.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Minimizing cost is great but if we want to be competitive for the long-term we must increase revenue. Van-Persie is a big name with a large following and quality player who can help us both commercially and on the pitch. It's good for our image that ManUtd and ManCity are also interested in Van Persie, imo we should make this investment.
Jovetic would be a great investment on a sporting level(and it is for the long term) , commercially he might not quite have the pull as Van Persie ,but he'd still sell a lot of jerseys..

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
I saw his stats on Italian TV. Since i'm on phone now. I can't prove it.

---------- Post added 22.07.2012 at 14:25 ----------

And I am not talking about his goals in the league only either, or else it would've been just two seasons with 18+ goals.
If not im wrong, then he scored 29 in the league alone this season.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
I saw his stats on Italian TV. Since i'm on phone now. I can't prove it.

---------- Post added 22.07.2012 at 14:25 ----------

If not im wrong, then he scored 29 in the league alone this season.

He scored 30 goals last season in the league.

The other seasons he scored 18+ goals in all competitions are 08/09 and 10/11.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Not any player can guarantee you that. People thought Torres will do it, but it didn't happen. There are just too many factors that count, not just players name.

As for RVP, I think he's great. However, at this point I'd pick Jovetic ahead of him easily.
Thats exactly why they should accept this kind of a contract.
If he is so confident of his value, he shouldnt mind...
But it is abusive to ask the salary of a difference maker, without relating your salary to the end result.
Esp if you are not a one season wonder... (this also applies to Destro and many more)
He has scored +18 in every season for Arsenal. I dont know what you're talking about.
I just red a goal.com article, posting his carrier stats.

SEASON APPS GOALS

2004/05 - - 26 - - 5
2005/06 - - 24 - - 5
2006/07 - - 22 - - 11
2007/08 - - 15 - - 7
2008/09 - - 28 - - 11
2009/10 - - 16 - - 9
2010/11 - - 25 - - 18
2011/12 - - 38 - - 30

He had a superb year indeed and its the best moment for him to ask for a new contract.
But every player has his lows and ups and one should consider his average performance to ensure that he doesnt overrates or underrates him.
It is a fantastic landmark to reach the 30 target and for the most of the players, it only happens for once in a life time,
but RVP asks for a five year contract of a player who delivers such results every year constantly,
which obviously isnt the case, not even the +20goals/season is not a trademark of his average performance...

A 13mil annual basic salary demand is not justified IMO, but he should be given a hefty bonus as a motivator, in order to try and repeat such an epic performance.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Jovetic would be a great investment on a sporting level(and it is for the long term) , commercially he might not quite have the pull as Van Persie ,but he'd still sell a lot of jerseys..
Jovetic will sell shirts among existing Juve fans only, it will take a while before he brings global appeal and that would depend on Juve doing very well in the Champions League. Even if that happens I fear that some club is going to take Jovetic from us in a couple of years unless we are considerably improved commercially. Also this year we can attract players from the Premier League because of Italy's and England's showing the Euro. It wouldn't matter if we can afford him next year because we are unlikely to be as attractive as we are now.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:lol: :howler:

---------- Post added 22.07.2012 at 19:36 ----------

Jovetic will sell shirts among existing Juve fans only, it will take a while before he brings global appeal and that would depend on Juve doing very well in the Champions League. Even if that happens I fear that some club is going to take Jovetic from us in a couple of years unless we are considerably improved commercially. Also this year we can attract players from the Premier League because of Italy's and England's showing the Euro. It wouldn't matter if we can afford him next year because we are unlikely to be as attractive as we are now.
That's some baloney you are spewing mate :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Cronios, those stats are only about his PRL goals, because he scored about 37 in total this season.
English teams play more games than any other league, playing more games give you more opportunities to score.
Also the difficulty of other competitions vary (ex in CL is far harder to score, than it is in a local cup or a friendly game)
So i guess they have skipped the unrelated competitions because of that.

If we sign him for ex, we know that he will probably play much less games with us, since the Italian league is not that extended as the EPL.
So this will make it harder to score that ammount. Every interested club who want such a finisher is primarily interested about his league goals/season.
In this very forum and many more, we have been criticising for years the inflated numbers of the EPL forwards, because of this very reason.
I guess they finally complied!:agree:

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Jovetic will become one of the best players in the world. whereas Van Persie won't.
:shifty:

---------- Post added 22.07.2012 at 15:01 ----------

Erm, RVP already is considered WC, whilst Jovetic isnt yet...
At any case, there are different kind of players, Jovetic is not a finisher...
:agree: we need a finisher most now.

---------- Post added 22.07.2012 at 15:02 ----------

Vidal will rape him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 140)