Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (44 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
Yeah, it'll most likely be a two-tier conversation. First, they will re-state their ambition(s) as a club; their plans; the role RvP can play in the future; and try to convince RvP to stay at the club. It's a last-ditch effort, and also to see the player's mind-set, but they'll assume that he's already made up his mind to leave the club.

Then, Arsenal will probably turn the conversation into the terms and conditions they'd be willing to let him go - meaning the fee, and where they're willing to let him go to. They'll probably threaten that if those conditions aren't met that they'll be willing to let him go free next year.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Money is money, but I just don't know if Arsenal will bend over again and let yet another one of their players go to Man City.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
There's a third alternative here, which is where they perhaps are talking to him to see out his contract and risk losing him onna free. So as to giv the club a final season and perhaps help them groom Giroud. Of course, to convince RvP to do that though, they will in all likelihood have to share mercato plans giving him certain guarantees wi regards to the kind of players they will be buying.

On another note, I read somewhere that Wenger will only consider offers in excess of 19m euros.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
There's a third alternative here, which is where they perhaps are talking to him to see out his contract and risk losing him onna free. So as to giv the club a final season and perhaps help them groom Giroud. Of course, to convince RvP to do that though, they will in all likelihood have to share mercato plans giving him certain guarantees wi regards to the kind of players they will be buying.

On another note, I read somewhere that Wenger will only consider offers in excess of 19m euros.
As i see it at the moment, all the clubs of possible interest have more financial power then juventus

if they are smart, they offer the same fee as we did, and a better contract then we did to the player.

Would be the perfect bite in the ass, and arsenal WILL accept it in the end, because they will not lose him on a free if they dont manage to make him resign.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I hope Arsenal gets bled dry trying to keep him so they surround him with more useless, cheap players and barely make the Europa League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)