Robin Gosens - LB/LWB - Atalanta (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Selling Spinazzola and buying Emerson is very stupid move worth Paratici
I think too many people forget we absolutely needed the Spina deal to comply with FFP parametres and as many stated he was constantly injured before we sold him. Didn't like it but it was understandable. Now with COVID as a completely unforeseen circumstance, I think we should draw a line and not mix up those things as if they were actually planned this way.

That said, as a net result it's bad business ofc.

ultrasfan

Nov 7, 2013
After fixing issues with his teeth he is mostly fit and looks very good both for Roma and national team. I think we lost very talented player who was willing to play his best years for us

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Pellegrini doesn't seem good enough. He looks like one we are hoping has a breakout season so we can sell or trade him. Emerson is not great but he's better, and fine if we're not selling Alex Sandro. As long as Ronaldo is here we're not going to be playing a real attacking left back anyway.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
emerson is 26, in his prime theoretically, and he's a bench player for chelsea. he has less than 100 minutes in the league and zero injuries. he's available, he's just unused by chelsea. even tici can't be that stupid to buy him outright, and consider him more than a backup. if we manage to sell de sciglio + frabotta and emerson is the replacement on a cheap loan without obligation, then i'm fine with it. if we consider him as a starter then we're officially the new milan '13/14. he's a clear downgrade even on this old and slow version of alex sandro, let alone sandro 2-3 seasons ago.

i'd be fine with gosens. he's not a better defender than current sandro either, but at least he's got actual balls, grinta, can beat defenders 1v1, and can cross like few can in serie a. definitely not a downgrade, probably an upgrade due to sandro's age. that 40m rumored price is insane though. odds are porto scouts would find a not inferior lb in south america for 8m tops.

pellegrini as a backup makes sense, but he'd take a precious squad place. can we just rebuy spinazzola for ~15m pretty please

ultrasfan

Nov 7, 2013
Pellegrini doesn't seem good enough. He looks like one we are hoping has a breakout season we can sell or trade him. Emerson is not great but he's better, and fine if we're not selling Alex Sandro. As long as Ronaldo is here we're not going to be playing a real attacking left back anyway.
Pellegrini is slightly better than Frabotta. i don't think he is ever gonna be decent enough to wear Juve shirt

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
emerson is 26, in his prime theoretically, and he's a bench player for chelsea. he has less than 100 minutes in the league and zero injuries. he's available, he's just unused by chelsea. even tici can't be that stupid to buy him outright, and consider him more than a backup. if we manage to sell de sciglio + frabotta and emerson is the replacement on a cheap loan without obligation, then i'm fine with it. if we consider him as a starter then we're officially the new milan '13/14. he's a clear downgrade even on this old and slow version of alex sandro, let alone sandro 2-3 seasons ago.

i'd be fine with gosens. he's not a better defender than current sandro either, but at least he's got actual balls, grinta, can beat defenders 1v1, and can cross like few can in serie a. definitely not a downgrade, probably an upgrade due to sandro's age. that 40m rumored price is insane though. odds are porto scouts would find a not inferior lb in south america for 8m tops.

pellegrini as a backup makes sense, but he'd take a precious squad place. can we just rebuy spinazzola for ~15m pretty please
Not happening. He's entering his final year of contract.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
milik was actually on the final year of his contract before marseille got him. players can always sign an extension.
I think Marseille paid a transfer sum, not a loan without obligation which would've pushed him in our arms. No?

He can sign an extension but the chances of that happening are slim to none. He'd be even more retarded than @Bianconero81 thinks he is ;)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I think Marseille paid a transfer sum, not a loan without obligation which would've pushed him in our arms. No?

He can sign an extension but the chances of that happening are slim to none. He'd be even more retarded than @Bianconero81 thinks he is.
18-month loan with option, but it didn't really matter. what mattered was that milik wanted the move asap, marseille wanted the striker, napoli wanted some money, everybody's happy - but an extension was the prerequisite for all of this. the same can happen with emerson too: if we are the only potential buyer because emerson makes it clear that he wants to move to juve, and chelsea doesn't want to let him go for free a year later, but juve will only want a loan with an obligation, then an extension is on the table.

i won't get into an endless and pointless discussion about what's possible and what's not, what makes sense and what doesn't, i'll just add that before his move to juve, evra signed an extension ~a month before his contract with united was due to expire, mandzukic was transfer listed a couple of months after his latest extension, rugani signed two new contracts within the same season, and so on. and i also didn't say that it will definitely happen - i said i'd sign emerson with a cheap loan + option.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think too many people forget we absolutely needed the Spina deal to comply with FFP parametres and as many stated he was constantly injured before we sold him. Didn't like it but it was understandable. Now with COVID as a completely unforeseen circumstance, I think we should draw a line and not mix up those things as if they were actually planned this way.

That said, as a net result it's bad business ofc.
Then why did we sell Cancelo? Remember we needed one major plusvalenza, and people were happy thinking Cancelo will stay after Spina was gone. But fraudatici then went on to sell the Portuguese as well

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Then why did we sell Cancelo? Remember we needed one major plusvalenza, and people were happy thinking Cancelo will stay after Spina was gone. But fraudatici then went on to sell the Portuguese as well
cancelo was gonna be sold anyway, he just had a lazy attitude and shitty concentration.

what i don't get is that city offered the same swap deal a couple of months before it actually materialized. we should/could just keep spina and accept the swap offer in the previous financial year for the same massive plusvalenza on cancelo. an other brilliant strategic move by tici, a lesson in thinking ahead for anyone and everyone, right up there with those two moves i mentioned earlier. i just can't trust that guy anymore.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
cancelo was gonna be sold anyway, he just had a lazy attitude and shitty concentration.

what i don't get is that city offered the same swap deal a couple of months before it actually materialized. we should/could just keep spina and accept the swap offer in the previous financial year for the same massive plusvalenza on cancelo. an other brilliant strategic move by tici, a lesson in thinking ahead for anyone and everyone, right up there with those two moves i mentioned earlier. i just can't trust that guy anymore.
Thats what i meant, we needed one plusvalenza, and Cancelo seemed to be gone anyways. Just random, but maybe im expecting too much from him. Its hard to improve us, much easier to dismantle the team after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)