Roberto Pereyra (6 Viewers)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He should still have a lot of room develop. He is not starting 11 material yet but that is understandable he is very young. He could be like Marchisio was for us for sometime which is a reliable rotation option though not first team material yet before finally becoming a top player. Marchisio used to start for the lack of better options during the Ranieri, DN etc.. era but as he aged he became better and better (2011/12) and then regressed a little before taking his final leap last season.

Pereyra can start now until we get a top AM and with age and game time he might develop into a top player too in a few years. Our targets now are higher than during the Ranieri and DN era so I hope he doesn't play as often as marchisio did but its not so bad for him to be our starter until we find an AM that we are sure can be great at that role.

I'd rather pereyra start than we buy a hyped player for lots of money who ends up not giving much better than what Pereyra would have given us. This would be a waste of money and a slowdown to Pereyra's growth. Management should only buy an AM when they are sure that there is very little risk that the new player wont be world class.

In the absence of a young guaranteed talent on the market that we can buy, I dont mind getting an older very experienced fella on the cheap like Sneijder until we find the right player for that AM role.
Very good post. I'd rather to get someone young right now (Gotze, Draxler, Anderson, Isco, etc) but if Marotta decide not bring anyone after he, yes, he and just he sold Vidal. Maybe we should consider to bring someone with experience as our playmaker.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This guy is going to go full on beast mode, scorched earth, etc this year. He's gonna show all his haters just how world class he is. And when he does it, it'll shut up all the Beppe haters too. Roberto Pereyra, ballon d'or finalist 2016. You heard it here first.

Or, to make @CrimsonianKing happy... almost Ballon d'Or winner, Roberto Pereyra.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
This guy is going to go full on beast mode, scorched earth, etc this year. He's gonna show all his haters just how world class he is. And when he does it, it'll shut up all the Beppe haters too. Roberto Pereyra, ballon d'or finalist 2016. You heard it here first.

Or, to make @CrimsonianKing happy... almost Ballon d'Or winner, Roberto Pereyra.
Between Messi and Cristiano or below them. He's a good player and I don't wish him nothing but the best. But "almost Ballon d'Or winner", really?

OP
Cheesio

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
  • Thread Starter #2,349
    He's a good sub, definetely not starter material in my opinion. He could step in if needed, but we should aim for better players to start. My knock on him is that he seems like a Tweener ( don't know if that what they call them in football ) it means that he doesnt have a position, he's not great offensively to play AM mainly his end products, and he's not great defensively to play CM or box to box.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    He must show his real value now more than ever.I will play him in midfield since Khedira is injured and Asa is still recovering while Dybala to play behind or alongside Morata/Mandzu.

Jupentus

Jul 29, 2015

Yes.. He has that attribute to be world beater.
    Many moments when he easily dribble out the opponent with no fear are iniesta level..
    Decision, tactical awareness are upgradable more you play.. If he get that, who knows what he will turn to be? But footballing intellegence is something gifted, hope he has that..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    This dude already started 30 matches, played top 8 minutes in a great season and people are still talking about him not being good enough to start.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
    Should play AM. Don't really care who would play RM alongside Marchi and Paul, it can be Asa or Khedira when ready, or Sturaro. But imagine the pace of the Pereyra-Dybala-Moratta combo:tuttosport::tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)