Roberto Pereyra (8 Viewers)

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
watched this match until a couple mins after the first goal...loved his neat pass to licht...surgical efficiency

will watch the entire thing later

no surprise to me ppl here are eating him up like syrup on a virgin pussy

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He's only what, 23? Give him some time and he could become world class just like Vidal did. Remember Vidal wasn't Vidal when he made his juve debut either.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
why are people comparing him to vidal though? because they look similar on tv? because they are two different players.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Who was he? His cousin?
You know what I meant. Caliber of player.

why are people comparing him to vidal though? because they look similar on tv? because they are two different players.
I don't know, pereyra has a nice overall game. His defense isn't anywhere near Vidals but I think that's something that can be developed. Defense is really just a mindset.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Vidal was clearly superior to Pereyra at their respective Juve debuts.

But I don't think anyone's going to be disappointed if he doesn't turn out to become as good as Vidal anyways.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
That's one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in quite a while.
People say that when it comes to defence, especially in American sports. And I kinda agree with when it comes to midfielders and strikers. It is all about effort when it comes to them, tracking back and putting constant pressure is easier to teach than ball control and an offensive game.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It isn't. If you want to be a good defender you can be a good defender. It's not as technical as the other positions which is why you see the least athletic guys succeed there.
People say that when it comes to defence, especially in American sports. And I kinda agree with when it comes to midfielders and strikers. It is all about effort when it comes to them, tracking back and putting constant pressure is easier to teach than ball control and an offensive game.
:rofl:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
please explain to me why you're laughing. Also don't mix what I just said about midfielders and strikers with the special abilities that are needed of a center back.
The fact that you agreed with him when it comes to midfielders.

Jumping, strength are physical skills yes. But Tackeling and heading, arent those technical ? What about marking, anticipating, controlling space, tactical reading of the game, positionning, cutting out runlines and passing lines, managing the space directly behind the central midfielders, decide when to go into duels or just keep an attacker at bay.

These skills dont apply to central defensive midfielders ?

Hence, tactical reading of the game and decisionmaking leading to positionning is what sets apart the absolute cream from the average defensive players, and its by far the hardest thing to do for defensive midfielders, cause they have got all that space to manage, unlike defenders who usually work in small area and rarely get exposed like cdm's often encounter.

The way Ivan Mascherano absolutely destroyed holland and belgium on his own, thats not a motherfucking mindset. Thats because he's the last of the awesome cdms football used to have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)