Roberto Pereyra (7 Viewers)

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
congrats to pereyra on his first senior call up

no doubt this will boost his confidence further and will translate into him becoming a very key figure for Juve

and please, lets stop with the vidal comparisons because to me its unfair to the player...rather, lets celebrate the fact that we snapped up another individual that can make telling contributions to the team effort as we battle and hope to succeed on ALL fronts...

forza el tucumano!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Could be that he just wasn't observed while playing for the other clubs.
He played for a decent Serie A side, in a country there is several argies in. Also played youth footie for Argentina before, so for sure someone they knew about, but they just figured werent ready/good enough, but getting profile move to biggiest club in Italy generally raises your esteem so players tend to automatically get called up after that.

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009
There are Argies in every team in every top division league in Europe and in the rest of the world. Not even a team of Osman, Fred and Zach can pretend to watch all that football.
There are people who are literally employed and paid handsomely to observe create and update profiles of prospective NT players

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Mus™;4699260 said:
There are people who are literally employed and paid handsomely to observe create and update profiles of prospective NT players
Meh, it's not as extensive as in club football. And a team like Argentina with so many highly rated attackers and midfielders all over the world, I can see why they would overlook a player like Pereyra, who didn't do much to create a big reputation for himself.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
There are Argies in every team in every top division league in Europe and in the rest of the world. Not even a team of Osman, Fred and Zach can pretend to watch all that football.
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

It's gonna be weird to see two Juventus players in the Argentinian Squad. Not really a country we have been associated with in football terms in the past few years (Camoranesi aside, thought he became Italian)

Well done Bobby P!

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think many of Pereyra's strengths show better in a better team. What I mean is that his technical ability and decision-making is on the same level as the better players so you can see him make interesting combinations and movements in attack. While at Udinese perhaps he couldn't show that part of his game because they were always trying to defend and counter or he only had one decent player to combine with in attack, that being Di Natale.

You would have to be watching Udinese's practices to get a really good sense of the player because you were never going to see Pereyra play in an environment where he has this much possession and attacking responsibility in an Udinese match.

I mean, in the context of the national team, at least now you can say to yourself that it's possible to see him combining with Messi, Aguero and Di Maria because he can actually play fast, one-touch, attacking football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)