Roberto Baggio (30 Viewers)

Aug 2, 2005
As a kid,, I was waiting to see Maradona in 1990 WC, and it was my first memory of major football tournament,, I watched almost all games, I already had a second heart for Italy, then there was this player who scored that goal vs Czechoslovakia, and my football world changed.
I followed him everywhere, he then started to play for Juve,, and what a beauty that Juve was.
Loved Italy,, Loved Juventus,, kept following Baggio,, 2001/02 season started,, he was on fire, determined to be in WC2002.
At one point, was the leading goal scorer that season.. and then ACL in Jan 2002,, made a miraculous recovery,, whole Italy wanted him to be included,,, and what a very sad day it was for me when Atalnta's Doni gets the 23rd player card to WC2002..
30 years now,, Juventus is in my heart,, and Baggio is in the center.

Will be one of the first who will immediately watch the film once it is released.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
"Divine ponytail" is coming up on netflix

Saw him miss THE penalty at rose bowl in Pasadena..was sitting on the opposite side..I think i lost a bit of my hearing on that day but thankfully I didn't grasp the full impact and avoided a stroke...(there might been a few, you could see the medics running around)

Last edited:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
What a player. I remember watching him in absolute awe on Football Italia every Sunday. He got me interested in football as a kid and made me fall in love with Juve - Del Piero continued that.

Truly one of the most magical footballers ever to play the game. What a phenomenal story he wrote

Jun 7, 2003
As a kid,, I was waiting to see Maradona in 1990 WC, and it was my first memory of major football tournament,, I watched almost all games, I already had a second heart for Italy, then there was this player who scored that goal vs Czechoslovakia, and my football world changed.
I followed him everywhere, he then started to play for Juve,, and what a beauty that Juve was.
Loved Italy,, Loved Juventus,, kept following Baggio,, 2001/02 season started,, he was on fire, determined to be in WC2002.
At one point, was the leading goal scorer that season.. and then ACL in Jan 2002,, made a miraculous recovery,, whole Italy wanted him to be included,,, and what a very sad day it was for me when Atalnta's Doni gets the 23rd player card to WC2002..
30 years now,, Juventus is in my heart,, and Baggio is in the center.

Will be one of the first who will immediately watch the film once it is released.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk
Doni was good

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Just watched the film, and it’s probably just worth a one time watch. Doubt I’ll watch it again. Very Italian National Team and Buddhism heavy with limited focus on the club side of the story.

This is pretty much why i have never enjoyed biographical sports movies much. Much rather prefer documentaries. Something like that Maradona documentary from last year. One of my absolute favourites and one ive seen multiple times. While Maradona was obviously a far more interesting and enigmatic character one and off the pitch, and probably has more documentaries on him than any other football player, i think Baggio has enough about him to turn into a pretty decent documentary as well. Hopefully one day they’ll get around to it as well, or atleast a great version of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
The film was good and its worth a watch for any football of his or football in the 90s in general.

Too tragic for me though. They never showed "why" Baggio was so amazing at Fiore and Juve, only said it. If we had seen Baggio rise prior to '94, win the BdO, then go into the (very well done) part about '94 it would have been better imo. Less sad.

It skips from the Fiore injury to world cup 94, then straight to post Inter out-of-a-team Baggio like he didn't play 6 years of football and world cup in the period. I missed a lot, I guess they wanted a much more grounded story for the film. It ended very well.

Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Watched the film on netflix and it was piss poor. What a waste of time, the story jumped too fast and ignored many things, a mini series would be a better fit. I love Baggio and it's the only reason im a juve/ital and football fan, first football match i saw, was Bulgaria vs Italy. The actor who played his role wasn't fit to play it, Baggio was a cute loving character, while the actor was rather cold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)