Roberto Baggio (7 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I guess the translation is ok! The point is that the book is 280 pages... so it is different to read it all then to read few words togeder... maybe a phrase have 2 different meanings if is in a kind of discussion or in another... If one day there will be an englisch translation read it... maybe you won't like it anycase but I assure that in Italy and in Japan was an absolute success...
Here it broke all the records 4 a "sport book"...

About the new one... I haven't read it but today every newspaper had some summary... and as it is normal... everyone with different interpretation... when I will read it I will let you know but "Una porta nel cielo" is amazing I promise you!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Meanwhile, Roberto Baggio has attacked Trap for not selecting him for the 2002 World Cup Finals.

In a new chapter added to his book ‘Una Porta nel Cielo’ (A goal in the sky), Baggio criticised his former Delle Alpi boss.

"He said he didn’t think I was fit enough after my knee surgery but I replied to that claim by scoring three goals in the last 130 minutes of the season," he wrote.

"He disappointed me. He couldn’t even come up with a credible excuse. And if someone within the squad didn’t want me there then Trap should name them."

Italy crashed out of the Finals in the Second Round when they lost to South Korea thanks to a Golden Goal.
Football Italia

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

He disappointed "me. He couldn’t even come up with a credible excuse. And if someone within the squad didn’t want me there then Trap should name them
."

What on earth is Baggio trying to achieve here exactly, does he want Trapatoni to come out and say Dp Or Totti did not want him in the team so they can be branded the bad guys

Has anyone besides me noticed how nothing is Baggio's fault but it is other people's

His failure to win the scudetto with Juve is because Juventus did not build a very good team for him, bearing in mind they had very good players while he was there , it was while he was injured and Vialli and to some extent Dp became the leaders that Juve actually won the league

The Nt's failure to win the wc is not his fault as his supporters will tell you he scored 5 goals in the wc but by his standards did little else, but it was Sacchi who took the blame

His failure at Milan was due to Capello, then Sacchi, his failure at Inter was due to the fact that Lippi is the devil

1998 wc , Maldini was cast as the villain as he dared to play Dp ahead of Baggio and now it is Trapatoni who is the bad guy, why , not because Italy played badly, it is because he did not pick a player who had not played under him at all in the Nt, suffered a serious injury, but still felt it was his divine right to be picked to go to the wc

But of course Baggio is always the good guy and others are the bad guys, that I guess adds to his popularity in Italy

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Denco I think you are just jelous about Baggio as a DP fan... Every stupid thing is just an exuse 4 you to speak bad about Baggio... now I "know" you a bit... I know you are a soccer lover and so you can't avoid to like him and you are also not stupid so you perfectly know that there is no way to try to "trew shit" on him... he's already a legend... That's why I do not understand your obsession about trying to find something bad in him.
The fact that Crap couldn’t even come up with a credible excuse is just the same thing all Italy is saying from may to today... It's so clear that it was better 4 Crap also to say the truth... he've been also accused to be an estremis of "opus day" cause he exluded Baggio just cause he's Buddhist... what Roby said is just 1/10000000000 of what media and people are saying...
All the rest that mentioned is just what everybody is saying but when Roby sapoke about it???
In 1994 is so clear that Italy was not "this amazing thing" and thay arrived in the final just thanks to Baggio... but he never said...
I guess it was a mistake that you said it was a failure cause yes we didn't win but with this team it was a miracle to arrive in the final and Baggio him self amazed all the world that year! And don't tell me about the last penalty cause Baresi and Massaro missed it too and just 1 Brazilian guy so everybody knows that his penalty was almost unuseful... it was already too late... and maybe not everybody knows that Baresi was not the "rigorist" but he had to do it cause all the rest of the players refused to do it cause theyv where too scared so... Baresi is not responsable, and Baggio even less cause at his tourn the situation was already compromised... I hope that those were just unusful words... no peaple with brain can say that Roberto Baggio failed in the WC 1994!
And in 1998 he never accused Maldini... not a word... is not his fault if everybody else did it... is not his fault if he played good and DP bad... I can understand you hoped the opposite to happen but you can't blame a Champion to do his job: goals and assists.
Then sorry but... which failur in Milan are you talking about? Winning a "scudetto" in 2 years is a failure :LOL:?
And in Inter everybody knows how it went and everybody see that everytime Baggio plays vs Inter he's claimed as he never left them...

Your post has no sense I'm sorry...
You can't accuse Baggio for beeing too much loved by people!
If you really like to speak bad about him find an other argoment... this is not standing up...

P.S.: You are so boring :rolleyes: sometimes... if you want some suggestions 4 trying to find something bad to Baggio I will say you... 1 He hant 2 He has awful hair... but what you are saying has no sense...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
And in 1998 he never accused Maldini... not a word... is not his fault if everybody else did it...
Is it true that one of the chapters of his book is actually labeled "Sacchi is crazy", as it would appear in the translation Majed gave us?

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Nooooo! There is no chapters about Sacchi!!!
"You are crazy" is what Roberto schouted to Sacchi (maybe too laud and too platealy) during a match in USA 94 when Pagliuca got red card and Sacchi took him out to put in the second goalkeeper...
Baggio and Sacchi fighted several times, maybe almost every time they were togeder, but they never speak bad about the other, they respect a lot each other... About this "episod" Roberto said that he was pist to leave the field cause he tought he could do something good 4 the team in that match and when he said those words the adrenaline of the moment made him forget about all the cameras and all the conseguences... Well, here I can say he did a mistake... but I can understand him... Sacchi was always saying "Baggio is everything 4 us", "He's like Maradona was 4 Argentina", ecc... so maybe Roby did not expect that he wanted him to be the one to go out... And onesty: how many times it happen that a player who is substituted send the coach to **** off? Nearly every week... but that time it was a scandal cause was Baggio the one who did it... And it caused 4 years of polemics cause was Sacchi the one who recived it...
What the 2 (Baggio and Sacchi) say is that they both have too strongs personality to stay togeder... but they always have nice words about each other... Sacchi 4 exemple said that Trapattoni had to take Roby to the WC, cause he's the only one who can really make the difference...

P.S.: Baggio book is 280 pages! He speaks just few lines about his problems with coaches... and he never said anything different from what every body already knew... media reports just those lines... but really the others 279 pages are about others argoments...

Chapters titols:
-That day in Pasadena
-Buddhism
-To be born, to soffer, to begin
-Gigli (Fiorentina simbol) to say good by
-First joke
-My friends
-What kind of Zebra it was?
-Devil (Milan simbol)
-Emilian Baggio
-Tird joke
-Blu like the sky, blak like the night
-Joy of hunting :)fero: This is the only I don't like)
-Ducks (one of his favorite animals) and Rondinelle (Brescia simbol)
-My ideal soccer
-In the flux of life :)confused: don't know how to translate)
-That day in Yokohama
+ at the end some numbers and statistic

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
denco wat the hell is ur prob in life????? y do u pick on baggio so much n u say that u don hate baggio !!!!!!!!!!!!!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
He's a DP fan... and unfortunatly many off them (not all of course) has problems with Baggio since France 1998... cause they think Roby was responsable of DP failure... But that crazy cause he just did what a Campion has to do, scores goals, play good, do assists... his job... Is not his fault if DP didn't even say the ball 4 all the tornament and infact he keept on failing in the NT, also when Baggio was not there... so it means in 98 the problem was not "soffering Baggio presens and the fans cheering 4 him"... It's sad to see that there are a lot of not Italian DP fan who took it so bad... but probably not caring about azzurri results (cause I guess they cheer 4 their Nation) they just wanted DP to play good and so they hate who is better then him...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What is with all the accusations that DP fans never get off Baggio's back? Don't people have a right to say what they think, how do you automatically assume it has anything to do with Del Piero, you keep bringing him up, we don't.

denco was discussing Baggio and his (I think questionable) attitude towards all these people, saying that few other players have criticized so many players/coaches/managers/presidents around them as Baggio seems to have. And that begs the question, is the fault with Baggio or is it with everyone except Baggio?

Open your eyes to the fact that being a DP fan does not imply hating Baggio as you say nor does bringing up issues with Baggio. What, Baggio is so perfect that there nothing you can ever reproach him for? You persist on saying denco hates Baggio even though I have seen him deny that claim on several occasions. So who do you think is right about that question, you or him? Does he have a right to say what he thinks? I think he does.

This is [getting] ridiculous :groan:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I know Denco don't hate Baggio... He just can't stop trying to find something bad in him even when ther's nothing real... And the fact that a lot (not all) DP fans have something with Roby is so true... in no forums (especially Italian) you will find people so critic with him...

And by the way... he's not the onlyone who fighted with coaches... is just that he's Roberto Baggio so every single things is happening is a scandal... Anyway he had real problems just with Lippi in Inter (Lippi is not :angel: too) and Sacchi (who adore him but say that their 2 strong personality just can't stay togedere) and by the way how many important players figthed with Sacchi? Van Basten, Vialli, Mancini, ecc... so many... With Ranieri, Eriksonn, Vicini, Maifredi, Capello, Maldini, Mazzone nothing happened.... I'm not saying Roby is :angel: he probably had a too strong personality but you can't say he's :devil:

He never spoke bad about other players in his life and about presidents... well maybe it's cause he's the only one who can do it... but I'm sure most of the players think what he say... he just don't like to be selled and used like a not human...

As I told in an other post... Baggio just say what he thinks... not what "is it better to say" he's one of the few players who is just himself and not "something to make money with" like the rest...
I apriciated it cause he always was like that till he was young... It wuould be bad to schut up during you are in that world and speak later when you will not have conseguence anymore...

P.S.:
Did you read my old post? The book is about totaly different things... the media report just the polemics lines cause that's the best 4 them to make big titole but it is just 1/280 of the book...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Baggio is the class and the skill, when he's playing is always wort it to go to pay the tiket to go to the stadium, even when he doesn't score or he doesn't run nobody has his touch, it's amazing to see him playng!

Yesterday I was at "Rigamonti" to see Brescia-Juve, I was not chearing 4 Brescia, but at the end I was happy anycase, 4 Roby.
Ther's a whole area of the stadium paked by Baggio fans they are Juve, Milan, Inter, Bologna, ecc... fans but they all go to see Baggio in Brescia, and that's also a lot of international peaple... he is the only one with who could happen something like this.

Many posts of the trade was lost :( what a pity! Now we came back at the discussion about "il sogno dopo" the new Baggio book. I read it, it's very nice and it's not so polemic, ther's just few worlds about Trap, but we already knew it...
They sell the 2 book togeder... I hope 4 you that they will do an english version soon! It is such a nice book and in the 2 country it have been sold (Italy and Japan) it was an absolut record 4 a book writed from somebody in sport...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)