Roberto Baggio (9 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
When I see that, I can only think Baggio>Messi.

Imagine if Messi came up against the likes of Gentile, Scirea, Baresi, Carrera, Ferrara, Costacurta, Maldini and Nesta, Cannavaro and Zambrotta in their respective primes (though we did see and old-man Nesta close down Messi in the 11/12 CL! :D ).
He was amazing, but some of the defending I've seen in that video was atrocious. :D

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006

Video I made in 2012 on Baggio. Felt I could have did better with the video but I only had a certain amount of footage on him to use so it hindered my progress at times.

Baggio got mauled by defenders in the 80s an 90s. Imagine the pretty boys like Ronaldo and Messi against defenders from that era? :lol:

Beko

Mar 17, 2010
while i was searching around i found this article and between the lines i read those words

he said “I can’t forget how disgracefully I was treated by Juventus' 'Managers. They offered me around damaging my image. They just want to get as many billions as possible to become more competitive in the football market.
Now even if they offered me a double pay I would refuse.

and here is the source

http://www.solocalcio.com/gallery/players/robaggio_uk.htm

** can anyone tells me why and what happened for saying those words !!!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
while i was searching around i found this article and between the lines i read those words

he said “I can’t forget how disgracefully I was treated by Juventus' 'Managers. They offered me around damaging my image. They just want to get as many billions as possible to become more competitive in the football market.
Now even if they offered me a double pay I would refuse.

and here is the source

http://www.solocalcio.com/gallery/players/robaggio_uk.htm

** can anyone tells me why and what happened for saying those words !!!
From what I remember, they wanted him to take a huge paycut, even though he was only still 27 at the time

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
why we have this problem to deal with the super stars players !
Well, in fairness to Juve, they were looking to bring Ale to the forefront, and Roby was injured for a good part of the season. That being said, Roby was still in his prime, and there could have been a better way to have this handled all around

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Lippi was looking to make Juve less Baggio-dependent, for Baggio it wasn't about money, he just wanted to know that he would be getting regular football at Juve, which we couldn't give guarantee.

He went to the wrong club though, Milan were in decline from 1995 onwards, while we were going on to bigger and better things, his timing was awful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)